Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP

Ever since I installed the tool, When I open it, it takes it's time then says something like:

You need to back up your sims files" or whatever. WHAT??! I'm confused.

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    Have you downloaded the latest version?

Have you updated your game to the latest patch?
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited June 2013
    Try to open it as administrator (right clik in the mouse)
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    Try this thread if opening CAW as an admin doesn't work.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/244311.page

(On a side note... junceda, I love your siggy!) :lol:
  • Options
    Kisky2002Kisky2002 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2013
    My game is up to date though

309okuf.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2013
    That is a version incompatibility error message. Your game version and CAW version do not match.

I would recommend checking your game again for any updates. Then, uninstall CAW and delete the downloaded file. Re-download CAW, and install.

If your game is up-to-date, then you may have somehow acquired an older version of CAW. Old CAW download files, and new CAW files look identical.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    By up to date we mean you need the present patch - 1.50 for the sims game, the newest version of Origin, the newest version of adobe flashplayer as both caw and the launcher require that, and make sure Windows has the latest updates, including the .net framework 3.5 and higher, and your video card is up to date - then and only then freahly download caw as it is up to date to all the above, and install this - then it should be compatiable. If you still have an issue after that then check you are running as the administrator.

If all that didn't work it is possible you missed a patch to one of your eps. So you need to make sure all the patches are up to date you might need to go download and install the superpatch - be forewarned if you do, that thing takes over an hour to download on a fast connection. You can find a link to the superpatch over in the Technical forum.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....