Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fir Hollow - Quaintness is everything.

WillikesartWillikesart Posts: 98 New Member
Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7328493
If you like it, please Recommend It, and post on this thread!

Fir Hollow, a quaint home on the shores of the city of Bridgeport is a cozy, and friendly adobe. Filled with rich, warm green tones, Fir Hollow is a place perfect to start off your sim.

The home, built by immigrants from Champes Les Sims, sits in a piece of acreage that sprawls with Fir and other coniferous trees. The home became dilapidated after a long period of despair when both Jacque and Cicille, the two French inhabitants, died tragically in their row boat.

Recently, the home was refurnished and redone to create a livable experience for those who're looking for a humble home. Every nook and cranny is filled with surprise, although the house may seem small: It's been packed with quite a bit and your Sim will enjoy the cozy, lively experience that the home provides.

Pictures
5YZW9eP.jpg
Vlv4L4g.jpg
tJKzNsC.jpg
tYhNjTN.jpg
r4rPKN1.jpg
2zk6MEE.jpg
6ZAeN8q.jpg
WWH42qx.jpg
kdommcG.jpg

This lot would be perfect for...
    A bachelor/bachelorette Sim. A brand new Sim. An Artist Sim. (Perfect for painting, good views and quiet!) A young couple, that isn't expecting children.. Yet! A Widowed Elderly Sim, seeking to live the rest of their days alone!

Comments

• Options
    exdemon1120exdemon1120 Posts: 899 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love the rustic setting of the cabin. Very nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the compliment! :)

rEaUj4B.jpg

^ A map of where to place the lot in Bridgeport, if you'd like all the terrain to line up.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited May 2013
    Your house is nice. :) Great to read the background details to it, and sad that the previous owners died in a row boat accident. The trees surrounding the house look good. Very nice shades of green that you have used for the interior and for the front/back porch steps. Great exterior design of the home. It looks good how Sims will have nice views through the bedroom windows. A great home!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your house is nice. :) Great to read the background details to it, and sad that the previous owners died in a row boat accident. The trees surrounding the house look good. Very nice shades of green that you have used for the interior and for the front/back porch steps. Great exterior design of the home. It looks good how Sims will have nice views through the bedroom windows. A great home!

Thanks so much! Very happy to hear you enjoyed it. Spent a lot of time making the home just right! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd really love to hear what anyone else thinks. :)
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ooo! Great lot :O It has a nice cozy and rustic cabin feeling :)
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited May 2013
    A nice and cozy home... great job :)

Oh, and you might want to take spaces between pictures.. hehe
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Ooo! Great lot :O It has a nice cozy and rustic cabin feeling :)

Thanks a whole bunch! :) Glad to hear you like it.
    A nice and cozy home... great job

Oh, and you might want to take spaces between pictures.. hehe

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to hear some other opinions, etc. etc. Helps me pinpoint my strengths and weaknesses! :D
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    Cute, rec'd and I love the name ;D
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to hear some other opinions, etc. etc. Helps me pinpoint my strengths and weaknesses! :D

One build is hard to tell your style with strengths and weakness.

From what I can see your style (so far) is where rustic and modern meet, the old/new look which is ideal for cute houses, cabin/country house and starters.

I can find no real flaws nor weaknesses that don't already apply to everyone (even my self), and that is we can always sit and play with recoloring more, I have spend hours recoloring a shell or one room and still probably could have made a better pattern or color choice (or scrap all that time and go back to my original set up), so in the end play more will never hurt even if you choose to stay with your original idea/plan :)

But really I think you used so great coloring and pattern choices you even use some of my favorites :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013

One build is hard to tell your style with strengths and weakness.

From what I can see your style (so far) is where rustic and modern meet, the old/new look which is ideal for cute houses, cabin/country house and starters.

I can find no real flaws nor weaknesses that don't already apply to everyone (even my self), and that is we can always sit and play with recoloring more, I have spend hours recoloring a shell or one room and still probably could have made a better pattern or color choice (or scrap all that time and go back to my original set up), so in the end play more will never hurt even if you choose to stay with your original idea/plan :)

But really I think you used so great coloring and pattern choices you even use some of my favorites :)

Thanks so much! :) Glad to hear you liked it and thanks for the suggestions! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Any other thoughts? I'm thinking about building another house in the rustic style.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for nearly 50 downloads everyone! (49! *Cringe* ;D)