Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Serial Code Is Too Short!! Help!!

Okay so I opened Supernatural and started installing it and when it asked for the serial code I typed it in but it has 4 less numbers than my other Expansion Packs, instead of ****-****-****-****-**** it's ****-****-****-**** (and yes there are numbers I just didn't think it would be safe to post them here) I really want to play it and it always says invalid :I Please help I would really appreciate it!~<3

Comments

• Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited September 2012
    Are you looking at the installation packet? Or are you looking at the thing that says "Exclusive Limited Edition Content" on top?

Chances are you're mixing them up, and you need the number at the top on the back of the installation packet.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    Those numbers, the set of 4, are to get your limited edition content. The serial code number, the set of 5, should be on a white paper that say The Sims 3 Supernatural on the top front, below is titled Installing The Game. The 5 digit code will be on the back at the top of the page.
  • Options
    leahcrystalleahcrystal Posts: 23
    edited September 2012
    i noticed that aswell.you have to register your game with

www.thesims3.com/register (the code is the one with 5 sets of 4 numbers.

to register the limited edition pack (4 sets of 4 numbers) at
    http://gb.thesims3.com/incentive/supernaturalredeem

hope that helps
  • Options
    NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited September 2012
    I had a similar problem when I wa going to install Supernatural. I ended up having to call EA Costumer Suppord and get a brand new code.
    I preeorderd my game. And I only got one 16 letter/number code, but the game asked for a 20 letter/number combination. I hope they don't do the same with SEASONS. It was very enoying not to be able to play my game as soon as I got it home. ^^
  • Options
    estella2002estella2002 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Okay so I opened Supernatural and started installing it and when it asked for the serial code I typed it in but it has 4 less numbers than my other Expansion Packs, instead of ****-****-****-****-**** it's ****-****-****-**** (and yes there are numbers I just didn't think it would be safe to post them here) I really want to play it and it always says invalid :I Please help I would really appreciate it!~<3

To me it happened exactly just with sim3 monte vista
  • Options
    IbubuleIbubule Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Same problem with the Starter Pack. Grrrrrr! :x :evil:
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ibubule wrote:
    Same problem with the Starter Pack. Grrrrrr! :x :evil:

Don't bring back old threads, its pointless :roll: Visit EA support to get a new code :roll:
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    StarraFlora241StarraFlora241 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Same thing happened my sims 3 world adventures did not come with a set of 4 it came with a set of 5 what do i do to get the set of 4? its nowhere in the manuals plz help
  • Options
    LukaWaronigLukaWaronig Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    If your code is **** **** **** **** and not **** **** **** **** **** then that code is for redeem a code where you can type in that code at this sims 3 page and you get extra simpoints. But if that is the only code you have in your supernatural EP box then you should look for some codes od the youtube. :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,304 Member
    edited July 2013
    If your code is **** **** **** **** and not **** **** **** **** **** then that code is for redeem a code where you can type in that code at this sims 3 page and you get extra simpoints. But if that is the only code you have in your supernatural EP box then you should look for some codes od the youtube. :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm pretty that the OP had finally figured out their code as this thread was made last year. I really don't think that the OP has been waiting for an answer all of this time... :wink:
  • Options
    lilyhemlocklilyhemlock Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    This actually answers your question. You go to the Origins interface, My Games, and right click on the Expansion Pack you are downloading, click game information and it has the product code right there:

https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq#3
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,304 Member
    edited December 2013
    This actually answers your question. You go to the Origins interface, My Games, and right click on the Expansion Pack you are downloading, click game information and it has the product code right there:

https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq#3

Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

I'm pretty sure that the OP already had this question answered as I don't think that they have been waiting around for a year and a half for an answer... :wink: