Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do I Cure 'Mummy's Curse' ?

My sim has the moodlet and I need to know how to cure it.
I have explored the Sphinxs tomb and cannot find where I am meant to 'cleanse'.
Can someone help, please?

Comments

• Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited April 2013
    It's in the deepest part of the tomb, there should be a soulpeace statue. Try looking for hidden switches and walls, I can't fully remember it but I think it's a bit tricky getting in.

Or, buy the snake charming basket, if your sim can kiss the cobra it cures it
  • Options
    Miss_CiaraDunneMiss_CiaraDunne Posts: 148 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything to help, I will have to have another look I guess!

Where can I buy the snake charming basket?
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited April 2013
    You can always cheat and delete the moodlet if nothing else. :lol:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @brookesaywhatx : No, I don't cheat. Defeats the purpose of the game if you ask me :)
  • Options
    vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited April 2013
    If you are truly, truly stuck, then you can try the World Adventures Walkthrough http://walkthruwa.blogspot.com/. There is a secret room with a statue, and you basically plead when you get there. It gets all glowy, & you levitate, and hey presto, curse over. You did explore the Sphinx through the door between the paws, right, not through the rear entrance by the scaffolding? There are two entrances, after all.

Also, after you plead to the Soulpeace statue, there is a room behind it (can't remember if the secret entrance is on the right or left), and there is mondo treasure in there.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @vonHentzau : Thank you.
  • Options
    vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited April 2013
    I mentioned the two entrances because my Sim has only ever been cursed once, and I didn't realize there was another entrance. Lost a day before I figured it out. :roll: D'oh!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @VonHentzau : I didn't even know there was two entrances :roll:
    But I've lifted the curse so thank you. I was starting to worry because my sim had only three days left :?
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited April 2013
    Although you probably won't get cursed again (as it's actually rather difficult to get cursed, especially when you want it), you can meditate to get the curse to go away. (That takes at least a level 5 martial arts points to be able to meditate. Usually by the time you can do that, you can't get cursed anymore.)
  • Options
    1centcopper1centcopper Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Do these cures work when your sim turns into a mummy from sleeping is a sarcophagus? :?:
  • Options
    helnbirdhelnbird Posts: 34
    edited May 2013

!@1centcopper
    No unfortunately they won't work on a sarcophagus-changed sim. You can either make them sleep in the blessed Sarcophagus for a certain length of time, or just use a potent cure elixir if you have supernatural. You can usually get it from the elixir shop.
  • Options
    verdaeniverdaeni Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2013
    if you have supernatural then the potent cure should work. i reconstructed a sarcphagus at home, brought back a mummy. then i cured here and she became just an old woman. actually i think even the cure alone should work if you are trying to keep your witchiness, fairyness or wolfiness intact.

V