Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If There is A Library In TS4

I am one that can't stand all my Sims sitting around reading instead of interacting so I hope the 'reading' obsession is squashed in TS4.

However, if a new library is going to be in TS4 please add the ability for the Sim to check out the book, and pay a fine if they forget it.

And no popup that says 'return book, now!' and it goes poof like the bills do. They should have to walk or drive back and turn it in. No short cuts.

I know many love Ereaders but no me..I love old books and have a fine collection myself, there is just something very special about a first edition in your hands, and not online.

You would never dream of eating and drinking while reading it, and or turning down the corners of the pages..you know?

Also, where I live there are many book marts and or swap shops to exchange books you no longer want for 'credit' and then you spend that credit back for the store's inventory it has.

And or if you no longer want DVDs, CDs, and or videos games you turn those end for credit and get the game you do want and depending on the condition of your game and the one you do want you either have to pay a few extra or get credit.

I think this resembles the Thrift Store in TS3 but it needs to be expanded to include Sims games the Sim has played and wants to swap...like Bustin' Out for TS3 etc. :mrgreen:

But my real point is this, if there is a Library this time, please make it real and have to check out the books and have to return them in person.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited May 2013
    Cinebar

I actually hope there will be libraries in the Sims 4. I love building libraries in the Sims 3. I also fail to see any "reading obsession" in the Sims 3. Since Late Night, EA seems to have had more of an obsession with bars. I do however wish there were more shopping venues that didn't specialize in food or drink, that didn't just sell books. Hopefully they'll have things like toy stores in the Sims 4, that they should have had in the Sims 3.
  • Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    But my real point is this, if there is a Library this time, please make it real and have to check out the books and have to return them in person.

I agree with this! No more lazy Sims (or players!) LOL
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I like your ideas, it's little details like these that make the game fun! I agree about the everyone reading thing, I'd like to see some interaction, although it IS a library, so you'd want some reading and using the computers, etc.

I love how the library in sunset valley has a little kids playroom. I hope they keep that.