Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I lost pangu's axe?!

I had it in my sims inventory and when she moved it was gone! can I get another one?!

Comments

• Options
    AxleFurretAxleFurret Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Unfortunately not... Not even using console cheats or 3rd party programs can bring it back.

There is only ONE Pengus Axe in the WA lands... And once ONE sim finds it... It can NEVER be found by another one. And if it vanishes from inventory then it's just tough luck.

Apparently the only way to get it back is to start a whole new neighborhood each time.
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Actually a lot of people are able to get it back using some different techniques, I think there's probably something that will work for everyone at this point (with varying degrees of effort required).

The first thing to do is check if it's in the Family Inventory, it often sneaks in there from time to time. If it's not there then press ctrl+shift+c then type "testingcheatsenabled true" followed by "buydebug on", this will let you access the tomb objects in Buy Mode (sorted by function) and you can get one from there. If taking one from the tomb objects page doesn't work (it sometimes disappears as soon as you leave Buy Mode) then there's one more thing to try.

If you can't get the axe back using the above then try downloading this lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2269338 and placing it in your neighbourhood, you should be able to pick up a new axe from the chest on it. If you don't want to download the lot (or can't for some reason) then you can create the same effect by placing a chest on a lot, having a sim with the axe put it into the chest (you can create a new game and new sim for this and give them the axe using "buydebug") then exporting the lot so you can place it into your current game.

Okay, for some really annoying reason all my exchange items seem to have disappeared and I can't re-upload at the moment so that link wont work, I'll have to try and sort that out :). Try the "create your own" method for now, hopefully one of these methods should work anyway.

Edit: I uploaded the lot again (and modified it with a better description and a tomb room marker so it keeps that air of mystery) and changed the link above so people can use that now, I still don't know where the original went though so I'll look into that (hopefully this one will hang around for a while).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    seaweedyseaweedy Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited April 2010
    Smeelia's post is spot on. I had to use the final option but it worked and I was able to continue game play.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Apparently the lot was removed as part of their "culling policy" because it wasn't getting enough downloads or recommendations. I don't really like the idea of canvassing for downloads/recommendations but if people who do use the lot could give it a recommendation too and feel free to tell others about it then it'll help it stay on. Saying that, it's not that difficult for people to make their own version of the lot without needing to download mine so don't go out of your way to download it if you don't really think you'll need it :).
  • Options
    normaljean2normaljean2 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited April 2010
    [/quote]If you can't get the axe back using the above then try downloading this lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2269338 and placing it in your neighbourhood, you should be able to pick up a new axe from the chest on it.

You are a Pangu's Axe god. May the lesser gods smile upon you! Thx for the lot! It works it really really works!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You are a Pangu's Axe god. May the lesser gods smile upon you! Thx for the lot! It works it really really works!!

I'd hate to think what gods would be lesser than one who is entirely dedicated to a single simulated item in a game :). You're welcome though :).

Just remember the other bit:
    you can create the same effect by placing a chest on a lot, having a sim with the axe put it into the chest (you can create a new game and new sim for this and give them the axe using "buydebug") then exporting the lot so you can place it into your current game.
    Since that link probably wont work for all that much longer :).
  • Options
    Nogard711Nogard711 Posts: 6
    edited May 2010
    okay wait... As feared, my axe too disappears when I go back to live mode, so you your option is my Obi-Wan Kenobi... (It's my only hope, this is my most desperate hour) So here's hoping your option is my end all... You'd think they'd have created a patch by now to keep it from just randomly vanishing like that :!:
  • Options
    CindleCindle Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Smeelia wrote:
    Actually a lot of people are able to get it back using some different techniques, I think there's probably something that will work for everyone at this point (with varying degrees of effort required).

The first thing to do is check if it's in the Family Inventory, it often sneaks in there from time to time. If it's not there then press ctrl+shift+c then type "testingcheatsenabled true" followed by "buydebug on", this will let you access the tomb objects in Buy Mode (sorted by function) and you can get one from there. If taking one from the tomb objects page doesn't work (it sometimes disappears as soon as you leave Buy Mode) then there's one more thing to try.

If you can't get the axe back using the above then try downloading this lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2269338 and placing it in your neighbourhood, you should be able to pick up a new axe from the chest on it. If you don't want to download the lot (or can't for some reason) then you can create the same effect by placing a chest on a lot, having a sim with the axe put it into the chest (you can create a new game and new sim for this and give them the axe using "buydebug") then exporting the lot so you can place it into your current game.

Okay, for some really annoying reason all my exchange items seem to have disappeared and I can't re-upload at the moment so that link wont work, I'll have to try and sort that out :). Try the "create your own" method for now, hopefully one of these methods should work anyway.

Edit: I uploaded the lot again (and modified it with a better description and a tomb room marker so it keeps that air of mystery) and changed the link above so people can use that now, I still don't know where the original went though so I'll look into that (hopefully this one will hang around for a while).

Thank you so much! I tried everything you recommended and finally downloading your lot worked!

I tried recommending your lot but the site kept messing up. I'll try again later but in the meantime just wanted to say thanks! :)
  • Options
    KathrenneKathrenne Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I had this same issue. It's frustrating, because other places I've searched for the answer as to how to fix it kept telling me to stop running mods, because they're the only thing that breaks the game. Problem being, I'm not running mods, so I don't really see why they think that's the solution. Eventually, I ended up turning on the testing cheats and the buydebug command (control+shift+c testingcheatsenabled true enter control+shift+c buyDebug on enter) to place one on my wall, but I was also having the issues where it would become invisible. Since then I've been told that you need to place two specific objects near it to make it visible, but I actually solved the issue by switching families for a few sim days. Went back to the family I was having issues with, and I had six visible and pick-upable axes on my wall. >.< Now everyone has their own.
  • Options
    KJerkoKJerko Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I just lost my axe, and my teleporting eyes of horus!! I traveled to Egypt (they were there before I left) and when I was halfway through the Sphinx I realised they were gone! Can I get the eyes back one of those ways too? Is there a patch to fix this or one coming out soon?
  • Options
    MisterHintonMisterHinton Posts: 73
    edited August 2010
    Kathrenne wrote:
    ...other places I've searched for the answer as to how to fix it kept telling me to stop running mods, because they're the only thing that breaks the game. I actually solved the issue by switching families for a few sim days. Went back to the family I was having issues with, and I had six visible and pick-upable axes on my wall. >.< Now everyone has their own.

LOL !!
    I just have to put my nose in...lots of things (some mods included) will break the game; realllllllly bad CC; installing and patching with your security and background tasks still turned on; unstable configurations; below required specs (or just at TS3 spec) and then adding two expansions and three stuff packs and a partridge in a pear tree all demanding CPU and Vram time.

I don't and I still have pangu's axe just where I left it several games and characters ago...if you don't do these naughty things and still lost it, then it's a much more interesting bug; and BTW, I agree- cheats that only fix design holes are not cheats. Consider them debug tools....

and yes; buydebug opens a new place on the buy screen with all the goodies including the eyes of horus as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    KJerko wrote:
    I just lost my axe, and my teleporting eyes of horus!! I traveled to Egypt (they were there before I left) and when I was halfway through the Sphinx I realised they were gone! Can I get the eyes back one of those ways too? Is there a patch to fix this or one coming out soon?

The above ideas should work fine for the Eyes of Horus as well, check the family inventory first, then try buydebug and if you're still having problems then move on to the more complex solutions :).
    I don't and I still have pangu's axe just where I left it several games and characters ago...if you don't do these naughty things and still lost it, then it's a much more interesting bug; and BTW, I agree- cheats that only fix design holes are not cheats. Consider them debug tools....

Technically the disappearing axe doesn't seem to be a bug, it seems to be intended that there should only be one in existence anywhere in the world but unfortunately the functionality for that isn't perfect and it's usually a bug that makes the axe actually vanish (by either moving it somewhere or making the game think it's a duplicate).
  • Options
    heavenlyhautboisheavenlyhautbois Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    Thank you! I realized my axe was gone but nothing else was working to get it back. I appreciate the lot with the chest! What an elegant solution.
  • Options
    Khandrolma0Khandrolma0 Posts: 21
    edited September 2011
    Smeelia, I am downloading your lot. Lost my axe too. Dang ! And nothing could bring it back. LOL. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks alot if this works. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    whateverusay1981whateverusay1981 Posts: 234 Member
    edited September 2011
    I just learned the easiest way to get Pangu's Axe is using the buydebug cheat.
  • Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited September 2011
    If your sim moves the axe goes into the family inventory.
  • Options
    jdoerandom2ejdoerandom2e Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    That's some good advice.
  • Options
    Rina_AncientRina_Ancient Posts: 14
    edited September 2011
    okay, I know this is about losing the axe once you have it, and I'm sorry to put another, different thing in here, but what if the axe isn't on the wall, making me not able to get it in the first place?
  • Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited September 2011
    okay, I know this is about losing the axe once you have it, and I'm sorry to put another, different thing in here, but what if the axe isn't on the wall, making me not able to get it in the first place?

I think that one is a glitch. I've encountered that one before. I quit without saving and went back again but it still wasn't there. I don't know if going on another trip would help as I was frustrated and gave up. But if you can't get it might as well just get it from buydebug.
  • Options
    keddyzonekeddyzone Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I too lost the pango axe, it just disappeared. What is buydebug and where do you find that please? I need that axe back. lol
  • Options
    vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited October 2012
    Look on the previous page, Smeelia's post (3rd from the top). "buydebug" is something the programmers use, and you can use it to either cheat wildly or just fix a problem like losing the axe.

• Options
    Sarahlynn138Sarahlynn138 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Smeelia,

You are awesome! Worked like a charm!
  • Options
    molliekaymolliekay Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I used Smeelia's lot and it worked perfectly. Thank you!
  • Options
    verdaeniverdaeni Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was able to download pangua's storage and got the axe! So it is still available, or reavailable. I think if more people knew about this lot it would get downloaded more! Thanks much

Verdaeni
  • Options
    Avenged7Fold6661Avenged7Fold6661 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If you are talking about the axe that you get in China that breaks the huge boulders...

just use the testingcheatsenabled true
    <<<< then buydebug <<<< on the tomb objects tab, just scroll it down a little and u can buy it there