Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please don't allow 3rd party content on the Sims 4 site; no outside cc

:) Feeling shocked and disgusted right now, because I thought there should've been more on the Sims 3 and not sure about my future plans concerning #4, but since people are trying to make #4 better, I thought it was worth bringing to the attention of the Sims team that the store should be safe.

I will probably get lots of bad comments for this, but I speak for many who have spent countless hours redoing their computers because of bad CC and it is a legitimate concern.

I hope the Sims 4 site will have a filter to keep out anything not made by the Sims 4 group. I really liked the look of CC, but if I had never seen it, then I wouldn't have gone looking or even known what I was missing. I tried my hardest to keep just a few sims and a few things I really loved and in the end realized that even they were not without fault.

Simmers pay good money and shouldn't have to worry about contaminating their game from something downloaded straight from the Sims site. There is something wrong about that. If others want to go to sites and download extra content and mods, then that is their choice, but to put it on here and expose bugs to those who don't want them is mean. One should be able to download from the exchange with no fears.

Sorry to those who love cc and I did too, but those who want to come to the Sims 4 site and download from the exchange should have the right to have no worries when they download from what should be a trusted site. CC makes the Sims site not trusted, but questionable. That is just the plain truth that can't be disputed by anyone. :)

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    I use CC, but I never download from the exchange because of this very reason. Despite the tools being available to keep sims 3 packs clean, I still don't trust the exchange.

I think a filter would be a good idea, though its probably a little early to begin worrying about this right now.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

Yes, many had it hard with CC. Although it was easier to remove then most thought (but harder to clean from all our Sims3packs).

I really do want the Exchange to list all and any CC that might be included with an upload. I really don't want the CC to be kept off the Exchange though. I remember TS and how it didn't allow CC- it was so hard to chase down each little piece of CC to get the house to look right.

So, if the Exchange listed CC then people didn't have to download the item. :)

~just my view on the topic. :D
  • Options
    Shee220Shee220 Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have never downloaded from the exchange but I have downloaded via popular CC websites. I have never had a problem like the one you are describing.

Even if the creators allow TS4 belongs within their exchange, it does not make it 100% safe.
  • Options
    MelSue715MelSue715 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2013
    davina1221 wrote:
    :) Feeling shocked and disgusted right now, because I thought there should've been more on the Sims 3 and not sure about my future plans concerning #4, but since people are trying to make #4 better, I thought it was worth bringing to the attention of the Sims team that the store should be safe.

I will probably get lots of bad comments for this, but I speak for many who have spent countless hours redoing their computers because of bad CC and it is a legitimate concern.

I hope the Sims 4 site will have a filter to keep out anything not made by the Sims 4 group. I really liked the look of CC, but if I had never seen it, then I wouldn't have gone looking or even known what I was missing. I tried my hardest to keep just a few sims and a few things I really loved and in the end realized that even they were not without fault.

Simmers pay good money and shouldn't have to worry about contaminating their game from something downloaded straight from the Sims site. There is something wrong about that. If others want to go to sites and download extra content and mods, then that is their choice, but to put it on here and expose bugs to those who don't want them is mean. One should be able to download from the exchange with no fears.

Sorry to those who love cc and I did too, but those who want to come to the Sims 4 site and download from the exchange should have the right to have no worries when they download from what should be a trusted site. CC makes the Sims site not trusted, but questionable. That is just the plain truth that can't be disputed by anyone. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    Do we even know if they will do the exchange again? Did Sims 2 have exchange or was it Sims 3 the first?
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes I agree 100% with you. There should be some kind of filter for all uploads to distinguish between official and 3rd party content and separates it for those who only want NON CC/Official items in their game.

So many says uploads says, "No CC" but sometimes when one downloads it, will notice it does *in fact* have CC. Regardless whether it's one item or not, whether its good or not. It shouldn't be like that and is the main reason why I am so careful about using The Exchange. But still the "No CC" lots I've downloaded, one of them does and I have to find which one now. :roll:

BTW, I am a CC/MOD user but I don't like anything sneaking into my game without my permission and especially not knowing whether its safe or not. :evil:

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Shee220Shee220 Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2013
    Do we even know if they will do the exchange again? Did Sims 2 have exchange or was it Sims 3 the first?

Sims 2 had an exchange. Might not have been as big or popular but it was there. I think it was mostly for lots, sims and pets.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    The Sims and The Sims 2 both had an Exchange.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree.
    It should not be allowed on the exchange. Simmers see it as a quick and easy way to collect CC, but it's too chaotic and is subject to abuse.

I love CC, but I would never put it in lots I upload. I do have a few sims with CC hair, but most of my hair are package files so they don't migrate with the sim.

I do have some CC that came from the few times I have downloaded from the exchange and the one time I tried Simport.

I remember the TS2 site having a third party content indicator. That at least warned simmers to stay away. Some simmers made sure their content was clean so they wouldn't have that warning sign on their uploads.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I remember the TS2 site having a third party content indicator. That at least warned simmers to stay away. Some simmers made sure their content was clean so they wouldn't have that warning sign on their uploads.

I wonder why this site never did this?!?

When CC sticks to supposed CC-free sims it is SUCH a pain to get rid of.

It's wishful thinking, but it would be nice if the ts4 site had some sort of regulating tool that wouldn't allow sims/lots with corrupted CC to be uploaded.

I don't use it anymore, but there is lots of nice harmless CC that tons of people use to enhance their games.

• Options
    StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I kind of disagree about not allowing it. CC was SO fun in the The Sims 2, because that game was stable enough to handle it. I avoid it with TS3 though, because my game would crash and burn with it installed.

Great ideas about third-party content indicator or filter, however. That is much needed!
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't download from the exchange for this reason. I learned my lesson from the S2 exchange when I downloaded a house and my laptop bsod'd. I lost my second son's entire first year of pictures and videos. So now I only use cc from trusted FREE websites and scan everything with custard and av software before installing.

I also think that for folks who do use the exchange ( if there even will be one for sims 4) that people should be required to list all cc and have a filter button so people can download cc free items and sims.

But also I would like to say that it is also up to the player to know what your are downloading before installing cc into your game.
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited May 2013
    be nice if they had filters for this stuff and when something doesn have custom content it has names of what it has detected in the pack. like if a sims has custom hair and custom clothes it would say

custom hair
    custom clothes
    custom wrist ect

also downloads need votes for them so people can vote good or bad kinda thing they also need to add the ability to comment on downloads. so we know what people think of the download. would be nice to be able to check for things like that. personally if its starting again i'd like new ToS to say no forced donations are allowed for custom content. you don't see that for other game mods so why here?
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would really like the notice mentioned earlier. A lot of people really like CC and there is some good stuff out there. I just would like to be able to trust that I know exactly what I'm getting from the Exchange.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    LOL, at first I thought you meant don't allow any CC to be used in the actual game. I was gonna be like no way! But I agree that they should block CC from being uploaded to the Exchange, I'm not sure it's possible though. Especially now we have Store Content to consider. :-)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    OK, I don't mind an indicator or warning that an upload have 3rd party CC in it, use to be that way for the Sims 2 exchange. Also a labeling of Store downloads, hope that stay. I haven't used CC of an upload here in a long time and I would want simmers to have a choice if they want that item with the warning.

I love using CC in my game, one of the reasons I fell in love with Sims 3. I don't want it forced on any other simmer.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Mods yes..cc...no...
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2013
    Pary wrote:
    I use CC, but I never download from the exchange because of this very reason. Despite the tools being available to keep sims 3 packs clean, I still don't trust the exchange.

I think a filter would be a good idea, though its probably a little early to begin worrying about this right now.

:)According to what is being said, Sims 4 is in production now and once it is released then the store should be right there with it, so one can persume that the store is under production also. Therefore, if you don't speak now, then you will have no imput, because it will be too late.

If they could fix an option for CC and no cc, then that would be alright. I just think that a site that goes with a game should be safe to download from and The Sims 3 site is not and everyone including those who work for Sims 3 knows that. I don't think simmers should have to be responsible for what is downloaded in their game from the official site. I think it should be safe for all users. For all of the Sims 3 site work, there are still nude sims ect. floating around Sims 3 and bad content galore. After all this time, even this site isn't safe.

Bottom line, if they can't put a divider on there that says would you like CC or no CC, then they should filter it all out to keep the games of their customers safe and intact. If they can't fix a CC/no CC option, then simmers wanting to take the chance with their computers and games can still go looking for what they want and other sites can have a way to download CC. I'm sure with all of their advancement, they could figure out a way. :)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2013
    LOL, at first I thought you meant don't allow any CC to be used in the actual game. I was gonna be like no way! But I agree that they should block CC from being uploaded to the Exchange, I'm not sure it's possible though. Especially now we have Store Content to consider. :-)

:) Yeah. I put 3rd party in the title, but may not have put it in the description. I love store content, but the exchange with all the stuff you can't see sticking on sims and other items is horrible. I asked I think Crinrict if patterns were safe and I think the indication was that even patterns can have stuff attatched, so I download nothing now.
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love my CC and mods but I agree that at least some sort of warning would be good to have on the exchange.
  • Options
    pam4402003pam4402003 Posts: 999 Member
    edited May 2013
    Staruna wrote:
    I kind of disagree about not allowing it. CC was SO fun in the The Sims 2, because that game was stable enough to handle it. I avoid it with TS3 though, because my game would crash and burn with it installed.

Great ideas about third-party content indicator or filter, however. That is much needed!

Yes I agree with you. But I also think if they can make the game it self CC friendly then no one would really need to worry about the site one way or another.
    The one thing I would like to see changed in the game files is for them to make it easier to identify CC alot better. that way if you do get something you don't want or dislike it would be easy to find and easy to remove. with no problems. I was a creator of items for sims2 and it was something I just loved to do, I really miss that part. To create for the sims3 is not all that easy and to get it right without out breaking someones game well I just never wanted to take that chance. I am hopeing they make sims4 a lot easier to create for like sims2, and alot more CC friendly.
  • Options
    CooperCornerCooperCorner Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    Hey!

As a creator of Sims 3 3rd party custom content I'd love to give my opinion!

I DEFINITELY agree with adding a filter or even banning custom content (3rd party) from being uploaded onto the Sims 4 exchange.

This does not mean, however, I endorse removing custom content in general because, as a creator, this is one my favorite things! I love designing and making things for own game and sharing them with others! Just wanted to clarify this :)

I purposely avoid downloading anything on the exchange specifically because I am always unsure what I will get in addition to what I downloaded. Also, there is so much third party custom content that is considered incorrectly manufactured or overriding that it can cause damage to the game without you even realizing it.

Therefore, any step to make this aspect more enjoyable and easier for Simmers to utilize would be great, as concerning the Sims 4 Site and exchange.

*Also*

I'd definitely enjoy a more CC-friendly game!
  • Options
    Kitkat108Kitkat108 Posts: 596 Member
    edited May 2013
    SadieStar wrote:
    When CC sticks to supposed CC-free sims it is SUCH a pain to get rid of.

This happened to me recently. Had a CAS competition and said no CC or CAP. I went to judge the entries and came across at least 2 CC items that came with one or two of those entries.

I used to like CC (especially hair and a toddler's paci) but after having to completely re-install my games multiple times I no longer trust downloading from the exchange.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited May 2013
    My game cannot run without CC and Mods but they should put up some warning in the exchange the exchange is a dark place you know lol