Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I could use some help here...

DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
I have found an amazing world, Victoria Isles.
I've already asked the creator (JudySims), but sadly, she doesn't have a clean save of the world.

I am needing to get this world, free of houses and community lots, but with all roads, subways and lot-placement things intact.
I have been trying for several months now to clean it myself using CAW, but for some odd reason, it doesn't seem to work for me. The .world file won't export and if I DO get it to export, it will not install in my game.

Could someone possibly take a crack at it and send me a message or post here if they can get it to work with the newly updated CAW tool?

You'll get my undying gratitude and a bucket-ton of hugs! :D
Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Cant you just bulldoze the lots in edit town mode?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I can, but I need a clean version of the world so I don't have to do that every time I want to start a Challenge or a new Legacy family.
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    DolphineQ wrote:
    I can, but I need a clean version of the world so I don't have to do that every time I want to start a Challenge or a new Legacy family.

Just bulldoze them all and use 'Save As' for as many copies as you need.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    DolphineQ wrote:

Way too complicated when all I need is a CLEAN VERSION of the world, yes?
    I think so.

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi :)

She gave you her CAW files? If she did say it was okay then I'll look at them. You'll have to upload the files for me. :)

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    DolphineQ wrote:
    DolphineQ wrote:

Way too complicated when all I need is a CLEAN VERSION of the world, yes?
    I think so.

It's really not complicated. You could just use Save As once and then use the 'Copy' option on the main menu. If you're struggling then it'd be easier than going into CAW and exporting a new copy.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2013
    It is easy to make the Save as file for later use. Once you save a neighborhood the files are in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves

You can copy/paste it to your desktop for later use. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :)

She gave you her CAW files? If she did say it was okay then I'll look at them. You'll have to upload the files for me. :)
    When I contacted her some months ago, she didn't have the CAW files, sadly.
    So I've been trying to make a new CAW file by importing the data from her world into a file using s3spe and then opening it in CAW.
    It's supposed to work, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I've been Googling this for the past 6 hours now, nothing I find helps me at all.

I prefer the clean World file, because in the long run (and when the game gets updated etc.) that is SO much easier to work with and I won't run into the same "The game has been updated, so you can no longer use this save" problem that I've had quite a few times at this point.

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2013
    If you had the creators CAW files more people might help, but many creators will not cross that line otherwise - just so you know. Many do not like hearing someone opened someone elses world - just saying.

But have you removed your ingame mod folder, Dcbackup folder and DCCache folder to your desktop - then cleaned your caches - reboot, then come back in and tried to export? CAW does not like CC or store content very much, now a days and often will not export with those folders in your game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2013
    One thing to try would be to make sure you clean the global layer before exporting. There are tutorials on modthesims for how to do this. Especially if the world was pre-populated. Basically it holds a bunch of stuff that people don't fully understand what it does. But if you are eliminating all of the lots and people there may be something there that is associated with something you've removed, causing a glitch.

The one time I ever tried to open a premade world in caw this way I had a similar problem, but once I did that I was able to get it to work.