Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a new town in University? I just downloaded it and i didnt see a new one in the menu?

I was just making sure something didnt go wrong in the installing process and something didnt install correctly!
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    JaimesayssJaimesayss Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2013
    ??
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited April 2013

You cannot play the EA Standard "Sims University" town-file as you would a normal homeworld.

It works the same as China, Egypt, and France in [World Adventures], you need to travel there. :)
  • Options
    XiriliaXirilia Posts: 59 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Also not all expansions come with a new town.

But nope you should be fine, you can go to university with your existing sims in existing towns and travel there and come back. No new town for this expansion. :3 (Although the place you go to is big like a town...)
  • Options
    JaimesayssJaimesayss Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2013
    Okay, thanks! :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    Go into Edit Town, At the top left you will see where you can click on the the Uni icon to edit that town before you ever send Sims to college.

This will at least give you an option to look around, check out the dorms, the rabbit holes, the scenery, and the houses. And or change things you don't like in there.

You will not need a firestation nor a hospital, etc.

Don't worry about your Sims getting sick in college if you have Seasons installed, it usually doesn't occur until about 2 days before time to return home if you attend one week at a time, and they aren't going to die from it, and as long as you keep them very happy, it's not going to affect their performance as long as you have other moodlets to equal it all out.

ETA: You won't need a firestation etc. fireman show up a little slow but no firestation necessary. Nor will you need to add the festival or other speciality lots, your Sims will be much too busy for those things.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.