Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA or someone: Please create a vacation world creator!

indiaskapieindiaskapie Posts: 10 New Member
Ok so I know there's a lot of modders out there like Twallan who have created awesome mods to help with adding more slots for custom vacation worlds and there are mods to tweak CAW to get extra features etc..

BUT I don't want to install a gazillion mods just to create my own vacation world :(

Is it not possible to create a simplified program that puts it all together (it could even install the required gazillion mods if it needed to).

What I would like to see:
- it allows me to pick a world as a vacation world
- allows me to add custom music to my world
- allows me to choose a few different options for clothing that my locals wear and
- imports a list of names that it 'generates' randomly for my npcs and townies in that world
- import an icon i create for the icon for that home world (such as the pyramids for Egypt)

For example, I want to create an Indian world, so I could create the world in CAW and the Sims 3.
I would want to:
- pick that world as a vacation world (so my sims could go to India on vacation)
- add Bollywood music to the world
- have my locals wear saris, salwar khameez etc.
- have them have appropriate Indian names (e.g. Aamir Khan, Rani Sharma etc..)
- have a little Taj Mahal icon for India

This would help so much instead of having to install all those mods and would make a lot of simmers' lives easier!

PLEASE PLEASE!!

Comments

• Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    edited March 2013
    That's not going to happen. You only need the traveler mod and create a world in CAW. That's it.
  • Options
    ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited March 2013
    That's not going to happen. You only need the traveler mod and create a world in CAW. That's it.

Basically this
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    Last I heard the Traveller mod is not compatiable with the latest update.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited March 2013
    Indiaskapie

I like your suggestion, but its unlikely its going to happen and if EA was going to do this, most likely they would have done it by now.
  • Options
    heat33330heat33330 Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Last I heard the Traveller mod is not compatiable with the latest update.

It's running fine for me with UL.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Last I heard the Traveller mod is not compatible with the latest update.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod

13 march he had fixed it to be compatible with Uni. Twallan is usually very fast and reactive :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I was there TODAY and yesterday. It causes crashing among other things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Last I heard the Traveller mod is not compatible with the latest update.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod

13 march he had fixed it to be compatible with Uni. Twallan is usually very fast and reactive :)
    ^^This.^^ Don't believe every thing you "hear". He keeps us all informed via his page here.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I know Twallan well, and yes I was at his wiki page for NRass studios...go to the ISSUES page you will see some of the complaints on this just this week. It was updated to the patch but is not compaTABLE with some core changes EA made in the sub world for uni which affects the WA worlds which affects his traveler mod. I go to twallans at least once every couple weeks and read up on every single mod - I cannot help people if I do not stay up to date on his mods. But I thank you for trying to be helpful.

ETA _ Hey ReachSims - what I don't know though is who makes the No Mosaic mod, and where can I find it? I found out it "may" be creating a different problem but I would like to check with the creator.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    You should delete that no mosaic if it's outdated and use the decensor :) That way you're sure it's maintained by someone who will update it when it has to. I know there was an old no mosaic mod causing a bunch of trouble to people's games!
  • Options
    ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Traveler still works fine for me as long as I'm not at uni, I just take it out before I send my sims to the uni town and replace it when they get back :)
    Besides, Twallan will fix everything again soon anyway then this whole debate will have been moot :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sara, no I don't have any mods in my game - I keep mine totally vanilla with nothing but EA stuff most of the time- because I test worlds for creators and mods hide problems - but I was helping a creator who is working on lots for her world and trying to find what is messing up her festival lot among other things - she had just Twallans SP, MC, and Overwatch and the No Mosaic. So I went to Twallans to see if the problems were related to any of those 3 and was not. Which left either a corrupt save in CAW or the no mosaic - which I am inclined to believe is the problem but have no idea where I go to investigate it. I try to keep up with all the mods out there even though I don't use them myself - every now and then I might add Overwatch temporarily in my own game when I am not testing to get those crappy cars under control and to retrieve any missing sims - but never keep it in long. But I do like to keep up with the most normally used mods. I am aware that one is known for being problematic - it was also a problem in Sims 2 also, but I never knew who made it. I never have used any mod like that anyway.

I believe another simmer did already tell that simmer to try Twallans instead of the mosaic anyway.

But thank you very much for the info. I always appreciate simmers letting me know things, as there is so much out there, I could never keep up with it all by myself. So it is always appreciated when I get info. So thanks again.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't post often but I see your posts, I "know" you a little :3 You're very helpful and nice, I like it!