Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a patch for the murphy bed it killed my Sim and candy bars

I am not happy, I spend three days on my game, with a Sim and have Murphy bed kill her, lucky got to back with loosing her, but i had start over from where i left off. Still i would of be loss what i done. Please make patch for this. thankyou

The candy bar need patch because sick all the time.

Comments

• Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited March 2013
    That's one of the risks of the Murphy bed. If I remember correctly, in TS2 Apartment Life there was something like a five percent chance that a sim with a horrible mood would be crushed by the bed, killing them.

I don't have UL so I have no idea about the candy bar.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    The Murphy Bed occasionally killing sims isn't a glitch; they intended it to do that, and in fact advertised that it would before University Life was released. So, I doubt they're ever going to patch it.

Also, I think you're just unlucky with the candy, but it's not really meant to be something your sims rely on as a meal anyway...
  • Options
    Moosebear41Moosebear41 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited March 2013
    I sure they will not do a patch, but it still got me mad, i spent three terms on this Sim you know what mean lucky i didn't save it but it was the point.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited March 2013
    They need to make it so that it only kills if mood is very low or low athletic sill or something like that.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    Mahogany_RoseMahogany_Rose Posts: 729 Member
    edited March 2013
    This thread has the best title in the history of titles.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited March 2013
    Mine died the first day from her bed. But she also had the unlucky trait so I'm sure her chances were higher in the risk. I thought it was so funny. But that's why you save often ;D
  • Options
    kburns421kburns421 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I can understand the murphy bed thing because that's how they intended it. I get annoyed by the candy bar thing, too, though. What's the point of even having them if the Sims are going to feel bad every time they eat them?
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't have a problem with the murphy bed, because it's just another thing to cause random chaos so I don't think they should change it. But the sims do seem to get sick off of the candy bars an awful lot. Every now and then they do like them. Maybe it depends on which one they get, since I noticed that there are different kinds available. I know they never like that "chunky nougat surprise" thing in my game. But there's one (something caramel?) that they seem to be ok with. Anyway, the candy bars are definitely a roll of the dice. You're probably better off buying sodas. :-)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited March 2013
    EA is not going to patch something that was an intentionally implemented death.
    Sorry but knowing such things exists is why saving before doing is better than doing before saving, these things can happen.

P.S. Love your title i can imagine this...

We need a patch for the Murphy Bed it killed an innocent Sim and then murdered countless ammounts of candy bars! :shock:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    edited March 2013
    I always have a source in town for Death Flowers.
    Most of my sims are allowed one. If they bite the dust a second time Grim can have them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am not happy, I spend three days on my game, with a Sim and have Murphy bed kill her, lucky got to back with loosing her, but i had start over from where i left off. Still i would of be loss what i done. Please make patch for this. thankyou

The candy bar need patch because sick all the time.

You need to save every Sim night *before* your Sim goes to bed. This way, you are not forced to have to start your game from the beginning, but can start from the point where you left off. As for the candy bars...if I were you, I'd stick to sodas. Candy bars are more fattening than sodas.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited March 2013
    This title is the best! :D
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited March 2013
    Here's a simple solution....don't want your sims to get killed by the murphy bed....then don't use that bed! get them a bed without homicidal tendencies. It's really not rocket science :roll:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    Contessa_ClaireContessa_Claire Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to be blunt because, wow, really?
    They're not going to patch the murphy bed. It is intended to have a chance of falling on your sim causing death by blunt force trauma. They programmed it to do that. Save your game more often, give your sim an unlucky trait, or simply use a different bed.
    As for the candy bars, they're full of sugar so yes, theyre going to make your sim feel sick to their stomach. But it's only for two hours, not nearly as game changing as a death. Get a snack from somewhere else if it bothers you.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2013
    Here's a simple solution....don't want your sims to get killed by the murphy bed....then don't use that bed! get them a bed without homicidal tendencies. It's really not rocket science :roll:

i agree having a normal bed will solve this,

OP don't let your sim tackle the candy and soda machine they can fall on you to,

as for sims being sick with candy i think some have herbs in them which is probably better for sim who like that sort, abit like if a normal sim drinks any thing with plasma in thats just ment for vampire's i got that alot in WA with the wine bottle's
  • Options
    edited March 2013

This. Alternatively, you can use the bed and just never close it. I may be wrong on this, but it can't crush you if you never close it, correct? Anyway, my sim's been fine so far, but I save every night just in case. :wink:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:

This. Alternatively, you can use the bed and just never close it. I may be wrong on this, but it can't crush you if you never close it, correct? Anyway, my sim's been fine so far, but I save every night just in case. :wink:

when i play my sims 2 with these beds if i get fed up of a sim i usually let them tackle the bed, i am so bad lol.

but i like the fact there are some risk of death's in the game instead of everyone one dying of old age, i used to love the hottubs in sims 2 where they got stuck by lighting.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like murphy bed :mrgreen: . I purposely put that bed in the dorm so that it will kill the roommates :twisted: . Man, they are all so lucky, no death yet. :evil:
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    This thread has the best title in the history of titles.

Rofl! I like your sass and 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    when i play my sims 2 with these beds if i get fed up of a sim i usually let them tackle the bed, i am so bad lol.

but i like the fact there are some risk of death's in the game instead of everyone one dying of old age, i used to love the hottubs in sims 2 where they got stuck by lighting.
    Susiechan wrote:
    I like murphy bed :mrgreen: . I purposely put that bed in the dorm so that it will kill the roommates :twisted: . Man, they are all so lucky, no death yet. :evil:

You all are too funny! :lol:

I'm with both of you, though. I kind of like the fact that the murphy bed may be hazardous to sims. It adds to the randomness of the game and I wouldn't have it any other way! There are always new ways to die in every EP. It's tradition. :wink:

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited March 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:

Susiechan wrote:

You all are too funny! :lol:

I'm with both of you, though. I kind of like the fact that the murphy bed may be hazardous to sims. It adds to the randomness of the game and I wouldn't have it any other way! There are always new ways to die in every EP. It's tradition. :wink:

Oh yeah, killing sims is part of the fun :wink: . Especially when my sims start behaving bad, throwing their arms in the air, screaming at me, and stomping their tiny feet when I ask them to do something. Aha..I have none of it sims, you know what's coming :twisted: .

Anyway, I am a good master. I always save first before I kill them :P :lol: .
  • Options
    BlondeGoddess20BlondeGoddess20 Posts: 264 Member
    edited March 2013

rwar! hiss!
  • Options
    Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    edited March 2013
    Some people may not know what a murphy bed is. Not everyone gobbles up every sentence of information when an EP comes out, they just buy it and wing it.

I agree with the candy bar. One candy bar shouldn't make you sick, and it should be a good snack in between classes to keep your sim going until they can have a real meal. Haven't you ever had a snickers?

• Options
    Moosebear41Moosebear41 Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ok my subject was funny oops I am glad will save the game next more often better at doing that. Although funny i had the Butler get caught in other got caught it so funny the murphy bed
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited March 2013
    The murphy bed killed candy bars? That's even more evil than killing sims. :twisted: