Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to get a taken away pet back

Thanks to the stupid way the game was coded, I lost a cat a while ago, because it wanted to go the cat park, and its social bar somehow went from full to zero while it was walking there. Its now in a greyed out box in the friend list, like foreign friends from WA or University friends, so its data is seemingly still stored in the game. Is there anyway to force it back into my family, via cheats or mods? I dont REALLY want to reset the entire town.

Several other pets went missing around the neighbourhood too, found a horse, Freebird, trapped in a bush somehow, had to moveobjects it >_> Its partner horse is gone from the game it seems

EDIT: Ironically, one of my real cats wandered in from outside demanding attention as I was writing this. She and my other cat will both happily ignore humans for days on end as long as their fed if their moods demand it, I find it silly that a cat can be so desolate that a social worker needs to remove it, in less than a day. Protip: Never have a job if you have pets :/
Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.

Comments

• Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've never had that happen in my game. So your cat has also disappeared from your household?

The only idea I have is to try clicking on the phone and pick adopt a pet and see if it somehow got sent to the adoption agency and if it's available there.

This reminds me of the time I had my sim husband and daughter living in a separate house. For some reason the husband and daughter were suddenly greyed out in the friend bar. It didn't have an icon showing that they were in any country. I used the invite foreigner thing to have the husband come back to town but the daughter stayed wherever she was at and she never aged and was basically lost forever.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited March 2013
    I got Master Controller, but even that doesnt help. The pet seems to not exist, but has data recorded in the relationship bar anyway. I would import a new copy of the pet, but that means there will be two of that cat in the bar! ARGH.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    lattelisalattelisa Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    Remember to save the game frequently, that way if something dreadful ever happens you can go back to your last "save" point.