Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Computer Yay!

My friend bought me a new computer, but need ask several question before I download my games again. One is Hp with 4gb Rams and 500gb hard drive. But don't know how to use this new computer to give you the rest of things you needed to see. :)

Edit: Other question which is faster to download, Origin or disk but I was hoping Origin seem quicker! :)
9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
I owned the store! Yahoo!

Comments

• Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think disc is quicker, personally, but it does depend on how quick your internet connection is. 4Gb of RAM sounds good, but we'll also need to know your processor and graphics card to know for sure though. Congrats on your new computer! :D
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited March 2013
    Problem, don't know how in world I am going to find a way to see what the graphic card is. That the problem! :( Cause it different then my laptop.
  • Options
    JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    edited March 2013
    What operating system?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    JHBrown wrote:
    What operating system?

All I know it's HP Window 8!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Windows 8, hit the Windows key and the letter "X" at the same time. A menu will popup, select run, type in "dxdiag", select the display tab and it will show you your video card.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Does this help????

Time of this report: 3/8/2013, 01:25:05
    Machine name: SATIN
    Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: 120-1333w
    BIOS: 8.03
    Processor: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~1.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3662MB RAM
    Page File: 2152MB used, 2527MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

I hope I have enough graphic cards. If not I may have to download just a few of EP and SP!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I just looked up your new PC Pugslover4 and you are not gonna like what I have to say. You have a "budget" friendly All in One PC that was intended to be used as a home system primarily for web surfing and checking email. It has integrated graphics and one of the slowest AMD processors available. Hence, the price of this All in One. You can try to run the game but you may have to change the resolution and turn down the graphics settings in the game menu. Just to confirm, is this your PC that Walmart is selling?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-Omni-120-1333w-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-E1-1200-Accelerated-Processor-4GB-Memory-20.5-Monitor-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8-Operat/21150618
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited March 2013
    JHBrown wrote:
    I just looked up your new PC Pugslover4 and you are not gonna like what I have to say. You have a "budget" friendly All in One PC that was intended to be used as a home system primarily for web surfing and checking email. It has integrated graphics and one of the slowest AMD processors available. Hence, the price of this All in One. You can try to run the game but you may have to change the resolution and turn down the graphics settings in the game menu. Just to confirm, is this your PC that Walmart is selling?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-Omni-120-1333w-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-E1-1200-Accelerated-Processor-4GB-Memory-20.5-Monitor-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-8-Operat/21150618
    Here it is on the HP site. It's the same and not meant for gaming.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03507829#N340
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This is all the game I have,

The Sims 3
    Outdoor Living
    Fast Lane
    World Adventure
    Pets
    Town Life
    Generation
    Late Night
    Ambition
    Seasons
    Diesel
    High-end loft
    Showtime
    70's 80's and 90's
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yeah sorry, like stated above, that system is really a "web surfer". The internals of that All in One is really a laptops internals. Give it a try though. Just turn down all the graphics settings for smoother gameplay. The downside, you won't get all the pretty effects that a high end system would get.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    JHBrown wrote:
    Yeah sorry, like stated above, that system is really a "web surfer". The internals of that All in One is really a laptops internals. Give it a try though. Just turn down all the graphics settings for smoother gameplay. The downside, you won't get all the pretty effects that a high end system would get.

That is true. I will download it next week sometime. Still scare tho, Cause I love them all. But what happen when I had my laptop and I was about to play the game, all of sudden the updated did something to my laptop and it killed it. :evil: :-( But my biggest fear the update on this game and this system might kill my new computer. Unless I get someone to put in higher graphic card next time I get the money.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Pugslover4 wrote:
    JHBrown wrote:

That is true. I will download it next week sometime. Still scare tho, Cause I love them all. But what happen when I had my laptop and I was about to play the game, all of sudden the updated did something to my laptop and it killed it. :evil: :-( But my biggest fear the update on this game and this system might kill my new computer. Unless I get someone to put in higher graphic card next time I get the money.
    You can't update the graphics card in that All in One :cry:
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2013
    hey Pugslover4 is it too late to return? sorry if its possible to return please do.
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited March 2013
    Pugslover4 wrote:
    JHBrown wrote:

Sounds like your laptop just couldn't handle the game anymore. The update itself isn't what killed it. What people need to remember about laptops is that unless you get something made SPECIFICALLY to run games, they are best used for basic computer actions (writing documents, storing pictures, etc.) and web surfing. Once I go off to college this fall I'm going to be saying goodbye to the Sims for a while. At least until I have my own place and enough money to purchase a good gaming computer.
    I used to play on a laptop, and don't get me wrong, it worked. But once I switched to a (relatively) good desktop, my gaming experience was SO much better. I don't have a perfect machine by any means, but it can handle the games and other larger programs pretty well.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well, :cry: Look like I will have to put my games on the side for a while. For a long while. And no, I can't sent the computer back. I order it in mail. I thought the memory cards and hard drive will hold my games. Cause now I am really upset. :( Oh well it is goodbye Sims for a while and get me Simcity (the newest one). Cause I totally giving up since EA need to learn not to put the stupid graphic up so darn high I won't be sitting here crying or playing Facebook games. Which it's so boring. Stupid computer don't give me much information when I looked at. But it's was the cheapest I can afford. So, this will be my last trip here until then GOODBYE! :cry:
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited March 2013
    Pugslover4 wrote:
    Well, :cry: Look like I will have to put my games on the side for a while. For a long while. And no, I can't sent the computer back. I order it in mail. I thought the memory cards and hard drive will hold my games. Cause now I am really upset. :( Oh well it is goodbye Sims for a while and get me Simcity (the newest one). Cause I totally giving up since EA need to learn not to put the stupid graphic up so darn high I won't be sitting here crying or playing Facebook games. Which it's so boring. Stupid computer don't give me much information when I looked at. But it's was the cheapest I can afford. So, this will be my last trip here until then GOODBYE! :cry:

You should still try. You may not be able to run all of the packs, at least not at highest graphics settings, but they should still run enough to play.

And remember, the biggest side effect of a fantastic looking game is going to be higher graphic requirements. So you can't really be mad at EA for making the game look good... And double check the Simcity requirements. It's an EA game, too.

• Options
    nazaruthnazaruth Posts: 142 Member
    edited March 2013
    It sounds like she may just have to do what I do at the moment...I have a notebook laptop...really not designed for games and has an "Express Chipset Family" graphics card lol...yet I can run the Sims 3 smoothly on it, and maybe one or two expansion packs at high graphics setting. I have to uninstall/reinstall the differents packs as and when I want to play them. Can't have it all at once haha.
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited March 2013
    Her last computer went kaput after not being able to handle the Sims so to tell her to run the game that is already taxing on most computers, I really don't think is good advice. She would be quite upset if this new computer also stopped working. She might be able to run the games for a while but I would not be surprised if it drastically decreased the life of her computer if she did. Really sorry, but I think she is wise to hold off till she can afford a computer that can better handle the Sims.(MPO)
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2013
    Pugslover4 wrote:
    Well, :cry: Look like I will have to put my games on the side for a while. For a long while. And no, I can't sent the computer back. I order it in mail.

You certainly can return it if you ordered it online. Go back to the site you ordered it from and contact customer service. If your last laptop you had died from gaming and this one is obviously not made for gaming either, the same thing very well may happen and then you would have wasted your money unless your willing to pay to have it fixed. I highly recommend returning it and upgrading.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Pugslover4 wrote:
    Well, :cry: Look like I will have to put my games on the side for a while. For a long while. And no, I can't sent the computer back. I order it in mail.

You certainly can return it if you ordered it online. Go back to the site you ordered it from and contact customer service. If your last laptop you had died from gaming and this one is obviously not made for gaming either, the same thing very well may happen and then you would have wasted your money unless your willing to pay to have it fixed. I highly recommend returning it and upgrading.

My friend order this computer for me with her credit card. She would be mad if I sent it back. Since I am the one paying her back!

And my1helopilot thanks, I do love the idea to keep on the safe side.

And I already know AnglePlay300 that Simcity won't be much of the problem. And I already know it's by EA!

Well enough for now! Thanks for understand how I feel not wanting to play my Sims 3 cause to scare that this new computer will fail me too! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I just had a thought! LOL! I still have all my ep and sp of Sims 2 games. Will it be safe to use it for this new computer? :?:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bump
  • Options
    JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    edited March 2013
    For some reason I felt terribly bad reading this thread. I suggest you to ask for advices next time you buy a computer.

To answer your question for the sims 2, I don't even think your processor is good enough to run it.