Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Community Poll - Please vote!'

Hi Everyone,

We have a new community poll up today and we're really interested in your feedback. Please place your vote if you get the chance. We'd appreciate it!

http://www.thesims3.com/community

--Simgurusmitty

Comments

• Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2013
    nvm
  • Options
    SimGuruSmittySimGuruSmitty Posts: 173
    edited March 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:
    nvm

haha. You caught me before I added the link!
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013

I voted! Thanks for asking. :mrgreen:

The Poll
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited March 2013
    Voted. Not that it's necessarily relevant to my answer but does anybody play the lute anymore?
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    Voted. Not that it's necessarily relevant to my answer but does anybody play the lute anymore?

:lol:

Agreed. I had a tough time deciding between the other two options, but the lute does not interest me.

Thanks for letting us know about the poll, SimGuruSmitty!
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:
    nvm

haha. You caught me before I added the link!

haha glad you noticed. when i checked back i saw the link, so "edited"/ deleted my previous question. good catch.

thanks for the poll.
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited March 2013
    Arletta wrote:

Yes. But it's not a mainstream instrument
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh, Violins and Archery would be awesome! :D
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited March 2013
    Violins, Archery and Swordfighting, please!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    sirenprincesssirenprincess Posts: 220 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh this one was hard. I've been wanting a violin for a long time, but I want archery and swordfighting too!
  • Options
    KuncisKuncis Posts: 81 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to see what kind of world is on the drawing board if those are the skills they're thinking of adding. I hope it's something we can appropriately set our historical sims to maybe have a Premium Content be Horse drawn Carriages? I'd pay 50 bucks for a world with horse drawn carriages and historically dressed townies.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2013
    Violin, Archery, Swordfighting, Lute

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! What the heck kinda perverse poll is that!? :evil: ALL OF THE ABOVE, DARNIT! :lol:

I feel caught between a rock and a hard place.

I voted Violin and Archery ONLY because I actally want Swordfighting (a la 'Lightsabers') to be included in the Futuristic EP #11. I REALLY do. Martial Arts is a sport, not a Premium something or other, so I'd like for swords/epees/laser blades/etc to be treated the same way as WA martial arts is, with their own combat uniform and interactions and everything.

The Violin is SO high in demand, so that's a given.
    But Archery I think could be really cool. I'd like to see EA make that!

Lutes? No. We have enough guitars. Should've put in a HARP or LYRE instead. THAT would be frikkin sweet! :thumbup:

Unless 'Lute' was a typo and you really meant FLUTE! ;) Oh yeah! Flutes would be terrific! I've been dying for a recorder or set of panpipes for my Asian sims!

Thanks for the poll, EA!

And remember: LASER BLADES! EP#11! Tell that to the higher ups! ;)
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2013
    I love the ideas expressed above but I would really love to see sword fighting, archery and... bagpipes. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited March 2013
    My interest is really REALLY peaked as they not only gave a specific spotlight to a poll...

BUT that they posted it here, in the Worlds section, instead of in the store area! Does this mean premium content for a future planned world yet to be announced? :shock:

If so it sounds Medieval, which means give us gorgeous gowns! :lol: That and a wide array of crowns please :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My interest is really REALLY peaked as they not only gave a specific spotlight to a poll...

BUT that they posted it here, in the Worlds section, instead of in the store area! Does this mean premium content for a future planned world yet to be announced? :shock:

If so it sounds Medieval, which means give us gorgeous gowns! :lol: That and a wide array of crowns please :mrgreen:

I was thinking the same thing! :lol:
    Like: Why are they posting this in the Worlds section? :hunf: Must be in correlation with whatever world is coming up next. The Lute had me thinking: Only If It's Medieval Would That Make Any Sense. :lol: Which is why I want a Harp or Lyre instead. Much classier than a lute. ^-^
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! :lol:
    Like: Why are they posting this in the Worlds section? :hunf: Must be in correlation with whatever world is coming up next. The Lute had me thinking: Only If It's Medieval Would That Make Any Sense. :lol: Which is why I want a Harp or Lyre instead. Much classier than a lute. ^-^

Ohh I don't want to get my hopes up but this could be a possibility. For a long time there have been several worlds that I've been hoping would come to the Store and two of them are the Dragon Valley and the Fairytale themed ones that both appeared as options in a survey a while back, a world like this could fit either of these two categories I guess! I would quite happily take all four objects to be honest, I always appreciate more things for my sims to do :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Dragon Valley FTW!!!! :thumbup:

EA, art thou teasing us with thy sly hinting at possiblyeth thine new Medieval style world? :mrgreen:
    (If so, please add to the Castle series--it needs a privy chamber set and scriptorium set and a scullery/kitchen set BADLY! And omg CAS stuff!!!! ;) )

I want to pass out and dream sweet dreams now.
  • Options
    KuncisKuncis Posts: 81 New Member
    edited March 2013
    The new poll worlds are not exactly what i was hoping for based off of the skill poll

*Atlantis risen out of the ocean
    *Glitz & glamour of 1930’s art deco style
    *“Back to Basics” Farming Community
    *Neon lights & high fashion of Modern Asia
    *Exotic world of the East inspired by India

Atlantis could be cool but I agree with murfeel, I really want a world that would fit the Castle series from the store. PLEASE give us a medieval world soon. Or a Victorian one. I'd be happy with both.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2013
    Reachsims wrote:
    I love the ideas expressed above but I would really love to see sword fighting, archery and... bagpipes. :mrgreen:

Scotland FTW!!! YES!!! LOL
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2013
    Man that was a tough call! I was torn between the art deco (though why they say 1930s instead of 1920s on that one eludes me) world because I think the art and architecture would be AMAZING, the Atlantis one because the potential for sheer mystical coollness is very high and the Exotic India one. I finally broke down and chose the last one because I LOVE Indian textiles, fashion, history and art and architecture a lot. But I STILL want an art deco world too! Curse you EA, do them ALLLLLL I say! LOL
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited March 2013
    Voted for Atlantis risen out of the ocean. That sounds like a really creative one potentially .
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Neon lights & high fashion of Modern Asia thats the one i want
  • Options
    Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    edited March 2013
    ATLANTIS?! That had better be the world we're getting for Island Paradise, EA!

[/ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh]

I HAVE to go make a Milo Thatch sim now. [/squee]

• Options
    susazsusaz Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2013
    Neon lights & high fashion of Modern Asia thats the one i want
    Me too!! :D But I can't find a place to vote, I guess it has already ended.

"Exotic world of the East inspired by India" also sounds _amazing_! My third favorite is "Atlantis risen out of the ocean", these three sound incredible.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ^Scroll down here: http://www.thesims3.com/community to the poll. It's bolded at the bottom. Make sure the page is set to USA--it doesn't appear for other countries, apparently.