Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis! There is no electricty inside the great pyramids!

Don't worry, this isn't another hate post. But, Maxis...WHAT where you thinking adding lamps inside the pyramids? I don't know why, but this really bothers me.
008-1.jpg
As you can see in this picture...there are two lamps right next to the mummy and one in the far right. Why didn't they just put in some sweet torches or something? Meh...ok, done ranting about that. :roll:

Comments

• Options
    theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited August 2009
    Maxis isn't the maker of Sims 3.
  • Options
    Alura1Alura1 Posts: 480 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hehe, yeah, that's pretty bizarre! lol!

btw, PLEASE do not "break" the frames with huge pictures. Try re-sizing them by typing [ img] (your pic url here) "width=600" "height=450"[/img]

edit: thank you for re-sizing.
  • Options
    nickloveslamasnickloveslamas Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah...I posted and was like...Crap that's huge! ha ha. sorry!
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited August 2009
    I think after the pyramids were discovered, lighting was placed inside them.
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe the mummy inside decided he wanted modern conveniences. I mean, how boring would it be to just sit in a sarcophogus? If I were a mummy, I'd have internet access and a laptop, but maybe that's just me... :P

To be honest though, I think maybe the game designers were... being a bit lazy.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There is lighting inside the pyramids now. Achaeologist put it in when they were excavating. There is also lighting in the tombs in the Valeey of the Kings.
  • Options
    CyberSurferCyberSurfer Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2009
    That be it as it may... I'd say there's not a lot of exploration left to do if they bothered to run electric lights... I mean... can you see it...

"C'mon lads we've got to get these lights up... Don't mind those gold icons and precious gems over there... just leave em for some other bloke to find.."

:roll:
    The One, The Only, The Original..
    CyberSurfer
    The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
  • Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That be it as it may... I'd say there's not a lot of exploration left to do if they bothered to run electric lights... I mean... can you see it...

"C'mon lads we've got to get these lights up... Don't mind those gold icons and precious gems over there... just leave em for some other bloke to find.."

lolz... "Nope, don't touch those shiny gems either! We're just here to put up lights like Mr. Bell asked us to. Then we get paid, and we leave. Simple, right? Now where are the wall sockets..."

xD
  • Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited August 2009
    There is lighting inside the pyramids now. Achaeologist put it in when they were excavating. There is also lighting in the tombs in the Valeey of the Kings.

And they sent all the way to Sunset Valley for special lamps to complete the excavation. But I also hear they use candles handcrafted from left over bodywax from the Sharma Day Spa.

You crack me up.

It also says you can put up your tent anywhere. I guess the desk I saw in one picture out in the middle of nowhere comes as a furnishing option for the tent.
  • Options
    nickloveslamasnickloveslamas Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2009

Ha ha, so true! I mean, they have torches in these pictures...why not inside?
    http://www.snootysims.com/worldadventures/adventures05.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simprograms/3833515799/sizes/o/

Though the second one is just the campfire...lame!

• Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited August 2009

Ha ha, so true! I mean, they have torches in these pictures...why not inside?
    http://www.snootysims.com/worldadventures/adventures05.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simprograms/3833515799/sizes/o/

Though the second one is just the campfire...lame!

Yeah whats with the campfire as a torch....Cant EA just make torches and other good stuff..please dont say the whole 'customize everything' was a lazy way out of making new objects XD cus everything so far seems to be recolours..:/
    If only Maxis still did make the Sims..*Sigh*
  • Options
    buffleebufflee Posts: 258 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lol, I was so ****** off when I saw modern lamps in a tomb! Ridiculous, no? :lol:
  • Options
    amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I mean geez, these people like program like an entire game like in 2 weeks, no one does research or anything like lol so stupid lol

The Dendera "Light bulb"
    http://www.catchpenny.org/dendera.html

upon reading this you will notice that a few believe this carving is of a light bulb, but in actual fact it is NOT a light bulb. However, seeing as how the Sims is not factual reality, the lightbulbs in Sim-pyramids may fall into this loophole.

So yes, in this non-real world of the Sims, there ARE light bulbs in the sim-pyramids, based on the real-life conjecture that there might have been light bulbs in the real-pyramids. (Even if that conjecture is wrong, it still creates a loophole for fantasy/fiction).

Have some imagination people. (next thing you know you are going to want serious civil unrest and political upheaval :roll: )

edit: before i get "where did the power come from? a nuclear reactor?"

"Baghdad Batteries"
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2804257.stm
  • Options
    HypesesHypeses Posts: 171 New Member
    edited August 2009
    amakachao wrote:
    Yeah, I mean geez, these people like program like an entire game like in 2 weeks, no one does research or anything like lol so stupid lol

The Dendera "Light bulb"
    http://www.catchpenny.org/dendera.html

upon reading this you will notice that a few believe this carving is of a light bulb, but in actual fact it is NOT a light bulb. However, seeing as how the Sims is not factual reality, the lightbulbs in Sim-pyramids may fall into this loophole.

So yes, in this non-real world of the Sims, there ARE light bulbs in the sim-pyramids, based on the real-life conjecture that there might have been light bulbs in the real-pyramids. (Even if that conjecture is wrong, it still creates a loophole for fantasy/fiction).

Have some imagination people. (next thing you know you are going to want serious civil unrest and political upheaval :roll: )

Some people like having others agree with them, and what better way then mocking something?

@dendera's lighting fixtures:
    I heard it was a lightbulg, eggplant, lotus flower, or 'the birth of a god', what do you think it is?
  • Options
    amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hypeses wrote:

@dendera's lighting fixtures:
    I heard it was a lightbulg, eggplant, lotus flower, or 'the birth of a god', what do you think it is?

thanks. well i'm not sure this is the place to discuss the carvings but

forum link:: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread105432/pg1

that forum is where most of the links and arguments for and against can be found.

personally i think it's the lotus flower/birth of a god thing. however, as argued on the above forum, "bronze aged Egyptians" may have been capable. Then again, take it with a grain of salt, it is the internets after all.

Even if there were no factual light bulbs, the plausible and the possible gives enough leeway for the non-factual sim world to have light bulbs in their sim-pyramids.
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited August 2009
    lol goooood point... :?
  • Options
    MooMonkeyMooMonkey Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I really wish they would have had lighting like in the mummy with the mirrors (I think that was the mummy), or in national treasure with the lines of gunpowder that spread all over the treasure room to light it.

That would mean a lot more work though. And for everyone complaining about the objects only being recolors, you should read Schweighsr's comment on this thread. It explains why there aren't many objects just yet.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/91690.page
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Those lamps hopefully are just placeholder fpr what thet really intend to place in the tombs. I think the debs are much smarter than that.
  • Options
    Renyc7Renyc7 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sorry for the double post I wasn't logged in at the time I posted it.

Those lamps hopefully are just placeholders fpr what thet really intend to place in the tombs. I think the debs are much smarter than that.

I read where the game is in deep development. So I think this game presentation at gamescom was just a demo version of egypt, so it would make sense that everything they are planning for the tombs would not be there. Plus I hope they keep somethings from us until close to the release date.
  • Options
    JaThEsIm1JaThEsIm1 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh u insult mummy's sense of style... U make MUMMY MAD :evil: mummy crush,mummy curse, mummy go cry in a corner you hurt mummy's feelings! :(
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I know! Its really quite funny... :lol:

You'd think they would be able to create just a few torches for the tombs...but I guess not. :lol:

• Options
    willowslegacy29willowslegacy29 Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2009
    Der, obviously they used potatoes to power things.

:lol:
    j/k
  • Options
    buffleebufflee Posts: 258 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Der, obviously they used potatoes to power things.

:lol:
    j/k

LOL! Then you stumble apon a room full of potatoes. Kinda reminds me of Dexter.
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited August 2009
    Now do y'all really want your clumsy/unlucky sim wandering about a tomb full of priceless artifacts with a lit torch?

Or in any area where there is an open flame for that matter....

LOL!
  • Options
    UserSam7823UserSam7823 Posts: 404 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe they're candle lamps...