Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ziwa Bonde - an African World ~ Ready to download on the 1st post!

Comments

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited February 2013
    Maybe someone who is familiar with shebeens could create one for anyone interested in adding it as a supplemental lot to their Ziwa Bonde world. I know I would download that!
  • Options
    jaja06jaja06 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hello, This is really a great world and very different from what we see everywhere. I don't know if you are familiar with the N°1 Ladies Detective Agency books, set in Bostwana, I am sure the characters would fit perfectly in this world.

Thanks for your beautiful work.
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited February 2013
    samiam, that's a good idea but I don't think a shebeen would fit in my world because all the buildings and the world in general is based on ancient Africa, time ago the europeans arrived. But if someone wants to create one I'll add it to the main post when the world is ready :thumbup:

jaja, Thanks for your comment, but I don't know about this book sorry.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    As I promised, here's the new update:

As I said, I've been working with the jungle village and now it's finished! :D: Now I only have to finish the landscape, make the volcano and build 3 or 4 lots... Pictures!:

Screenshot-109.jpg

Screenshot-110.jpg
    General views

Screenshot-111.jpg

Screenshot-112.jpg

Screenshot-113.jpg
    Streets and builds in the village

Screenshot-114.jpg
    Academy

Screenshot-117.jpg
    Library

Screenshot-118.jpg
    Graveyard

Screenshot-120.jpg

Screenshot-121.jpg
    Troll Lake

Screenshot-122.jpg

Screenshot-123.jpg
    This is my favorite house, I've furnished in a little different way as the other houses ;)

Screenshot-125.jpg

Screenshot-126.jpg

Screenshot-127.jpg

Screenshot-128.jpg
    Interiors of various houses

Screenshot-129.jpg

Screenshot-130.jpg
    Central square illuminated at night

Screenshot-131.jpg

I hope you like it! :wink:
  • Options
    April4389April4389 Posts: 285 Member
    edited February 2013
    I didn't think it was possible for this world to get even more beautiful but I've been looking at the updates and all I can say is WOW :shock:!!! You are very talented!!! :D
  • Options
    SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love the troll lake, this is really stunning. Could you please tell me where you got the masks from?

Will you be including any tombs in this world? If so ,have you ever heard of Great Zimbabwe? It's a ruin of an ancient walled city in Zimbabwe (which is actually what Zimbabwe was named after when they got independence) and I think it would make an excellent tomb. There is also a legend in Botswana of a lost city in the Kalahari.
  • Options
    simroversimrover Posts: 14
    edited February 2013
    You are killing me! I want this world so bad. I didn't think it could get any better but it did! You are an amazing creator.
  • Options
    UberdubieUberdubie Posts: 26
    edited February 2013
    Everything looks brilliantly fantastic here, Nilxis! I've loved all of your work regarding worlds, but this is hands-down my favorite, and easily one of the most unique worlds made for TS3 so far!

One thing I'm curious about; With such beautiful, lush jungle everywhere, I'm curious about audio. Yes, audio. Not knowing much about world creation, I don't know if there are "sound emitters" of some sort or how it works. But my question is, does it *sound* like your in a jungle? If this isn't possible, I completely understand. But in a world such as this, if creating the illusion of dense wildlife, with many loud birds and amphibians etc is possible, it would elevate this world to a place of euphoric proportions IMO.

Just curious. Regardless, you've done a heck of a job here. :)
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited February 2013
    I want to thank you for making this world, first off it's gorgeous and completely authentic. Secondly it will give us players a whole new level of gameplay and stories to tell that haven't been captured like this before. And thirdly it's just freaking sweet....I look forward to your updates everytime I log on to the forums. Judging by my avatar..I LOVE making african and african american sims, the beautiful bone structures in there faces and the perfect tinting for skin variations. Let me know if you need some sims to add to your world. I'll be more than happy to oblige!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    April4389 wrote:
    I didn't think it was possible for this world to get even more beautiful but I've been looking at the updates and all I can say is WOW :shock:!!! You are very talented!!! :D
    Thank you for your comment! :D
    Sinkala wrote:
    Love the troll lake, this is really stunning. Could you please tell me where you got the masks from?

Will you be including any tombs in this world? If so ,have you ever heard of Great Zimbabwe? It's a ruin of an ancient walled city in Zimbabwe (which is actually what Zimbabwe was named after when they got independence) and I think it would make an excellent tomb. There is also a legend in Botswana of a lost city in the Kalahari.
    The masks are a recolor I made myself of Showtime posters like these:
    Screenshot-28-1.jpg
    They are not CC :thumbup:

About Great Zimbabwe, you've read my mind! :-o I had the same idea for the tomb. I've seen Great Zimbabwe in TV, it's amazing. I already have an empty lot prepared for it :mrgreen: Maybe you'll see it in the next update :mrgreen:
    simrover wrote:
    You are killing me! I want this world so bad. I didn't think it could get any better but it did! You are an amazing creator.
    Thanks you, I appreciate that! :D
    Uberdubie wrote:
    Everything looks brilliantly fantastic here, Nilxis! I've loved all of your work regarding worlds, but this is hands-down my favorite, and easily one of the most unique worlds made for TS3 so far!

One thing I'm curious about; With such beautiful, lush jungle everywhere, I'm curious about audio. Yes, audio. Not knowing much about world creation, I don't know if there are "sound emitters" of some sort or how it works. But my question is, does it *sound* like your in a jungle? If this isn't possible, I completely understand. But in a world such as this, if creating the illusion of dense wildlife, with many loud birds and amphibians etc is possible, it would elevate this world to a place of euphoric proportions IMO.

Just curious. Regardless, you've done a heck of a job here. :)
    Thank you very much!
    In CAW you can choose the sound of the terrain paints, but the sounds are not very jungle-like. They are general: like grass, rock, sand, etc. I've already chosen a sound for each texture but I'm not aware of any sound emmiters to add wildlife sounds and so on. As far as I know this is not possible :(
    Diancarock wrote:
    I want to thank you for making this world, first off it's gorgeous and completely authentic. Secondly it will give us players a whole new level of gameplay and stories to tell that haven't been captured like this before. And thirdly it's just freaking sweet....I look forward to your updates everytime I log on to the forums. Judging by my avatar..I LOVE making african and african american sims, the beautiful bone structures in there faces and the perfect tinting for skin variations. Let me know if you need some sims to add to your world. I'll be more than happy to oblige!!!
    And I want to thank you for such a nice comment, thank you very much!
    I haven't started to create sims but when I do I'll tell you so you can help with some sims if you want. Any help is welcome :thumbup:
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi Nilxis

Thank you much for the updates on Ziwa Bonde and the new screenshots :). I have to hurry up and type this before I forget some details. I just woke from too long a nap, and I was dreaming of Ziwa Bonde until I woke.

In my dream, I was looking at your world from map view (before hitting the edit town button). I was amazed at the shape, textures and color. Then (in my dream), I was reading a newer update. In it you mentioned that the founding tribe (the dominant tribe) were always retreating, and that you didn't know if you would have time to correct that before a final release of your world. Just as I was about to hit the edit town button, I woke up. *sad*

Yeah, I've got it bad for this world. I'm really looking forward to playing it and learning more about the areas your world is based on.

I was playing your world Saaqartoq earlier today. I did take notice of the detail you put in that world also (for example: the Church of Hvalsey ruins), and you even added a tomb :)

Looking forward to playing another of your worlds IRL, not just in a dream.

Take care,
    Lin
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    2place2place Posts: 17 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Good work as always :D
    I'm also gettin a bit mad over this world. Since the last update (9th feb) I've been checking this thread like 5 times a day XD
    Not to mention that I haven't played Sims since I found this thread. Any idea for a family/story/etc. just seems so boring compared to this :D I just can't wait
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    MarLin114 wrote:
    Hi Nilxis

Thank you much for the updates on Ziwa Bonde and the new screenshots :). I have to hurry up and type this before I forget some details. I just woke from too long a nap, and I was dreaming of Ziwa Bonde until I woke.

In my dream, I was looking at your world from map view (before hitting the edit town button). I was amazed at the shape, textures and color. Then (in my dream), I was reading a newer update. In it you mentioned that the founding tribe (the dominant tribe) were always retreating, and that you didn't know if you would have time to correct that before a final release of your world. Just as I was about to hit the edit town button, I woke up. *sad*

Yeah, I've got it bad for this world. I'm really looking forward to playing it and learning more about the areas your world is based on.

I was playing your world Saaqartoq earlier today. I did take notice of the detail you put in that world also (for example: the Church of Hvalsey ruins), and you even added a tomb :)

Looking forward to playing another of your worlds IRL, not just in a dream.

Take care,
    Lin
    Thank you so much for such a lovely comment. I sometimes dream with sims too :mrgreen: Soon your dreams may be true, the world is developing faster than I thought!
    I'm glad you like Saaqartoq, looks like it's becoming very popular as an alternative for Aurora Skies :D
    2place wrote:
    Good work as always :D
    I'm also gettin a bit mad over this world. Since the last update (9th feb) I've been checking this thread like 5 times a day XD
    Not to mention that I haven't played Sims since I found this thread. Any idea for a family/story/etc. just seems so boring compared to this :D I just can't wait
    Thank you so much too, it means a lot that people appreciate my work. I hope not to make you wait so long for the final version :wink:

Time for another update!! :mrgreen: :
    Yesterday I finished all the terrain and I wanted to show you the result. I'm very happy with it, I guess it's because I thought it would look worse. Let's see if you like it too:

Screenshot-135.jpg

Mount-Kilimanjaro_zpscb72f09f.jpg
    I wanted to create my own version of Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.

Screenshot-132.jpg

Screenshot-133.jpg

Screenshot-134.jpg

Screenshot-136.jpg

Screenshot-137.jpg

Screenshot-138.jpg

Screenshot-139.jpg

Screenshot-141.jpg
    It can be seen from almost any place in the world.

Screenshot-143.jpg

Screenshot-144.jpg

Screenshot-145.jpg

Screenshot-146.jpg

Screenshot-142.jpg
    Finally an overview picture with all the terrain finished.

This may have been the penultimate update, see you soon with the last update where I'll show the 4 lots I still have to build ;)
  • Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Awesome update!
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited February 2013
    OMG..OMG..OMG!!! Sorry about the shouting and repeating but *Pinch Me* (please?). :mrgreen:

Fantastic, beautiful, breathtaking, inspiring, most awesomeist.

Carry on Sir, your followers await.

omg :D
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you! :D
  • Options
    hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey Nilxis! i would also absolutely love to create townies for Ziwa Bonde! one of my favorite things in the sims is CAS... (and i think im pretty good at it XD)
    so i will be very happy to create sims for you, so if you want- contact me in anyway (i dont know how because we cant send messages here :\) but if you do you can tell me what they're names\stories\family should be and i will create it.....^^
  • Options
    YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited February 2013
    MarLin114 wrote:
    OMG..OMG..OMG!!! Sorry about the shouting and repeating but *Pinch Me* (please?). :mrgreen:

Fantastic, beautiful, breathtaking, inspiring, most awesomeist.

Carry on Sir, your followers await.

omg :D

This ^^^!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Nilxis, you are so totally talented. Ziwa Bonde is looking stupendo, incroyable, fabelhaft. Your beautiful interpretation of Kilimanjaro is. . .just wow! I was thrilled before, but your latest pictures have my jaw on the ground. That waterfall is so stunning. Seriously, this world is certainly going to be a popular must-have - a classic in the making - and will set new standards for creators. We are so very lucky that you are sharing this with us. As I said before, you put the EA developers to shame and you are just a one-man band.

I am excited to hear that it is coming along smoothly and rapidly; and that you are happy with it since you are obviously a master & perfectionist. We should all bake you big batches of your favorite virtual cookies to carry you through this last stretch. Now, I will run off and create new characters specifically in eager anticipation of this amazing world.
  • Options
    MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited February 2013
    This looks remarkable. I look forward to the finished product.
  • Options
    2place2place Posts: 17 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Gorgeous *-*
    Didn't expect another update so fast :D Thank you for all the work you put into this :)
  • Options
    Kaela_87Kaela_87 Posts: 520 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh wow wow wow!! :shock:

I have just found this post and your world is outstanding!! Bookmarked this page to stay up-to-date with your progress! Very talented!

Thank you so much for sharing!!

:D:D:D
    My TS3 Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Kaela_87
    My TS3 Store Top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14276743/#Comment_14276743
    TS3 ID: Kaela_87
    Origin ID: Purple_Aleakim
    Feel free to add me!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you all so much :D

Those all who want to help with the families, please wait a little! When I start this stage of the world I'll made a list here with different families to create with different features each other. Then you will be able to choose one :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Nilxis wrote:
    Those all who want to help with the families, please wait a little! When I start this stage of the world I'll made a list here with different families to create with different features each other. Then you will be able to choose one :wink:

Well, in my last post, I did mean that I will make sims for this world for my own use. (I've never uploaded anything sim-related in my life.) I will be very interested to see what your parameters are, though, as you have such creative and authentic ideas. If you really need help with families down the road, I could contribute, but I'm sure you'll find yourself inundated with offers.

Really, I'll just stand back and admire.
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Like the others have said, this is a great world and looking forward to seeing the end result. :shock: