Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update 1.50 error

Comments

• Options
    NeurotiskNeurotisk Posts: 56 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi

updated origin, same error still occurs for me :(
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited February 2013
    Neurotisk wrote:
    Hi

updated origin, same error still occurs for me :(

Download the Super patch linked on page 19 and run it. It worked for me now.

The problem is probably that I skipped version 1.48 and was on version 1.47.
    EA's installation program downloaded Sims3_1.50.56.021002_from_1.47.6.020002.exe and that is not working.
  • Options
    kvillanueva2011kvillanueva2011 Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    When is this update coming for Mac users? I've paid money to purchase Aurora Skies, a world I was very much looking forward to, and now can't even download that content to my game because this update isn't available to me. This update needs to become available to Mac users ASAP because this is just unfair and ridiculous. Am I the only one who feels this update release was ill-planned and rushed?
  • Options
    pepperann80pepperann80 Posts: 113
    edited February 2013
    I updated Origin and used page 19- manual update.
    I also made sure and reset my McAfee virus to restore defaults.

Worked like a charm :):D
  • Options
    HermionerulesHermionerules Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hi i am having simular problems, i have tried again and again and i keep getting the same thing. 'invalid file' and 'the installation was interrupted. It's quite annoying and i hope there will be a fix. Can someone please tell me if you find anything?
  • Options
    XFSim67XFSim67 Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    This is really annoying.

We pay really much for this game. With every Add-On – it costs almost so much as if it were a full game and than we are mostly disappointed. Nevertheless, we are buying every next Add-On hoping it will be better as the last one.

We have problems … the game crashes from time to time and you never know when and why.
    Wait a minute … maybe it was raining or there is a meteorite on your ground … why should I care? I payed, and want to play.
    So we are saving the game every 5 minutes. We are spending more time on saving as on playing.

Than there is an update, that can't be installed. Without the update you can't play the game … what the ...hmhmhm... :-(

I tried everything. I have a clean game without mods and with minor custom content from EA.

I can't install the update.
    I tried the Super Patch - no success – it say something about wrong version.

And there should be a new Add-On on March available. So … I guess, we should buy this one to be able to play.
    Is this the last one before Sims 4 ?
    The Big Brother needs money.
  • Options
    PalcksPalcks Posts: 16
    edited February 2013
    After downloading the newest patch my game is not letting me save. I was dumb and forgot to take my mods out ahead of time - is this why my game is doing this? And is there any solution to fix it?
  • Options
    Simst3rSimst3r Posts: 107 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yesterday I got the invalid file error, today, it let me install via launcher perfectly.

Updated my mods and tried to play it, and I can only get like 5 min of gameplay and then my game crashes. Lovely.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    Could everyone that still has the invalid file error shut down Origin, the game and the launcher and then restart everything and try again.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    princenigma2princenigma2 Posts: 260 New Member
    edited February 2013
    YAY!!! :mrgreen: Mine has finally updated! It was the 12.GB Superpatch and it was from the launcher. It took longer to arrive on my launcher most likely cause I live in the UK. Just glad its finally updated! Hope there isn't any in-game issues that have been discovered due to this patch! I don't have any Mods or anything like that so I don't really know why this still isn't working for other people but I hope EA fully fix this issue for other Simmers who haven't been able to update yet! Thanks to everyone for there advice and constant help :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,104 Member
    edited February 2013
    The super patch has just come through my launcher, updating the game now.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2013
    Brd709 wrote:

hurray!!!! you are so much closer to dumpster diving!!!
  • Options
    princenigma2princenigma2 Posts: 260 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Just tried dumpster diving! So fun! And glad that my Sims don't go all static when walking through doors and arches!!! :D Plus I can finally get rid of them annoying Omni-Plants that have been stuck iny my Sims inventory!
    Really happy with the fixes EA have made :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    Brd709 wrote:

It updated fine....except now the game is constantly crashing back to the desktop. :roll:

I even saved the game as a new save hoping that would stop crashing but no.

Yesterday the game crashed back to the desktop five times, one after the other!

I've just checked my graphics drivers and apparently they're all up to date.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2013
    Brd709 wrote:
    ceejay402 wrote:
    Brd709 wrote:

It updated fine....except now the game is constantly crashing back to the desktop. :roll:

I even saved the game as a new save hoping that would stop crashing but no.

Yesterday the game crashed back to the desktop five times, one after the other!

I've just checked my graphics drivers and apparently they're all up to date.

gosh can u catch a break!

are u playing a for a bit and then it crashes or does it basically crash the moment it starts up ..also after u updated did u clean out cache files, pull mods if u have them

also can u post specs hit windows key + R enter dxdiag run report hit save all info and notepad doc will open copy/paste the whole long report here, thanks!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I've never known the game to crash as much as this! It loads up then with in 2-5 minutes it's back to the desktop. The sound stops, then re-starts then stops then the whole game crashes.
  • Options
    VeranexVeranex Posts: 36 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Since uploading the superpatch, my game will let me play for maybe a few minutes and then it crashes...says something is wrong with the program. And it wasn't from the launcher, I tried it from the post on page 19. Anyone know if maybe there is something in the patch causing it to crash for some people, but not others?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Best is if you made your own thread and post as much info as possible.

- DxDiag
    - When does it crash exactly
    - Do you use custom content or mods

There's more in the how to post in the tech forum sticky.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Palcks wrote:
    After downloading the newest patch my game is not letting me save. I was dumb and forgot to take my mods out ahead of time - is this why my game is doing this? And is there any solution to fix it?

You need to check if the mods you have are updated for game version 1.50.
  • Options
    armyangel93armyangel93 Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    I am also experiencing the crashing issue. Plays for a few minutes then an error pops up saying The Sims 3 has stopped working and it crashes.

EDIT: My game was working completely fine before this patch, by the way.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I am also experiencing the crashing issue. Plays for a few minutes then an error pops up saying The Sims 3 has stopped working and it crashes.

Did you do DEP ?

Since GEN the file ts3w.exe needs to be added.

If you still see issues also add the exe-files from the add-on. They look like this: ts3EPxx.exe and can be found in the bin directories of the EP.

Any Downloaded games are in the folder Origin Games instead of Electronic Arts.

Make sure to restart your Computer after every file you add to make sure it stays added.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited February 2013

Same problem if you start a new game? Maybe a problem in your saved game. I have played for hours now after the patch.
  • Options
    Simst3rSimst3r Posts: 107 Member
    edited February 2013
    I finally got the patch to work via launcher, but now my buy/build mode keeps getting stuck on loading. Won't stop loading.
  • Options
    JasmiezranJasmiezran Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Macduff7 wrote:
    I finally got the patch to work via launcher, but now my buy/build mode keeps getting stuck on loading. Won't stop loading.

Omg im having the same problems... After i uninstall and reinstall the whole sims 3, expansion and stuff packs its still have the same problem after this 1.50 update... omgawd im so irritated by it when im going into build and buy mode in jams.... seriously anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
  • Options
    moonlight22122moonlight22122 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    i had your problem too..go to search sims 3 ultimate game fix on google and follow the instructions and the buy mode will appear again