Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News on the 1.50 patch!

Comments

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited February 2013
    Darn it you beat me to it :wink: . Although I'm not that happy that the patch hasn't been released for Mac, I am kind of grateful. I mean PC players are having trouble, and if you multiplies that trouble by 5000 you'd get how the patch would cause Mac problems. I like how EA is taking there time going over the patch for Mac, and making sure it works for us.
  • Options
    markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Good to know. I hope this means they're working on trying to actually fix our games (crashing, glitches...) aside from what is already listed in the patch notes... :?
  • Options
    Jako123Jako123 Posts: 168
    edited February 2013
    This is actually good news, because it (hopefully) means they are fixing up TS3 Mac. I have currently *sort of* put my legacy on hold because I don't wanna have to deal with my game crashing every 15-30 minutes when it used to run perfectly.
  • Options
    NikkiNightmareNikkiNightmare Posts: 137 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Well, at least theyre noticing us. Its a start.
  • Options
    JoybearrJoybearr Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow. Finally! Well i'm not going to get my hopes up and will wait and see. I'm glad that they're taking their time on this. At least now we know that they are somewhat considering our problems.
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    edited February 2013
    Dang! I was just about to call up EA and yell at them for about an hour or two.

Well, deleted the one mod I have (Twallan's Story Progression), waiting for the patch, and now Twallan has updated.
    Possibly will get Woohooer now, as I love it :D and before it wasn't working properly.

Hope it comes out before the weekend; I can't go a single day on the weekend without playing my precious sims.
  • Options
    xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hope the update fixes stuff, and doesn't break more stuff! EA doesn't take MAC users serious enough. I use to be a PC own, but switched to MAC. Very sad EA took so long to add us to Origin for downloads!
  • Options
    Chris719Chris719 Posts: 100 Member
    edited February 2013
    Let's not get carried away... First let's see if it fixes some or all of our problems. And if it does, praise the Lord, I'll get University Life! BUT ONLY IF IT FIXES OUR ISSUES!
  • Options
    ashjack20ashjack20 Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2013
    From the description on what this is supposed to fix, this patch better work for Mac. It's pretty detailed. I mean, it's covering things that go back as far as Ambitions. Granted, that issue is small, but still!

Let them take their time with it. The longer, the better. If, when it is released, it doesn't cause major issues (or at least fixes major ones), I just MAY consider getting University Life.
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited February 2013
    First I thought it was unfair we got it later. But now I think it might be a good thing, we have those major crashes and error messages and freezes and stuff and if they want to fix that I'm willing wait a little longer to make my game work perfect (or at least better). And if it does I might get seasons and University life. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Chris719 wrote:
    Let's not get carried away... First let's see if it fixes some or all of our problems. And if it does, praise the Lord, I'll get University Life! BUT ONLY IF IT FIXES OUR ISSUES!

Yeah, if this patch doesn't fix the issues Seasons caused, I'm not giving any money to TS3 any longer. In fact, I might even go back to playing TS2. But hopefully that won't be the case since I really want UL and IP.
  • Options
    Chris719Chris719 Posts: 100 Member
    edited February 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    Chris719 wrote:

Yeah, if this patch doesn't fix the issues Seasons caused, I'm not giving any money to TS3 any longer. In fact, I might even go back to playing TS2. But hopefully that won't be the case since I really want UL and IP.

Sometimes it's hard to take you seriously with Nicki Minaj making those faces at me....
  • Options
    asdgdbdbdxasdgdbdbdx Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    I spoke to someone just now at EA because I can't download Aurora Skies, and it's because I need the newest patch. He said it should be available to download (via the forums here) in a few hours or so.
  • Options
    killaartgrlkillaartgrl Posts: 28
    edited February 2013
    asdgdbdbdx wrote:
    I spoke to someone just now at EA because I can't download Aurora Skies, and it's because I need the newest patch. He said it should be available to download (via the forums here) in a few hours or so.

That's odd because I caved into downloading Aurora Skies and had no issues what so ever with the download. Did you patch your game with the latest store patch? That seems like a more logical culprit then an all over patch like 1.50.
  • Options
    asdgdbdbdxasdgdbdbdx Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    He said I needed the newest patch. I guess I have the patch number wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Chris719 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    Chris719 wrote:

Sometimes it's hard to take you seriously with Nicki Minaj making those faces at me....

Yeah, she can do that to people :twisted: And your sim intimidates me........it always intimidates me :?
  • Options
    badwolf1026badwolf1026 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone heard anything more today? People were saying yesterday that EA said the patch would be ready in a few hours but it has been awhile. So excited, I hope it fixes the seasons problems!
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited February 2013
    Once the patch comes out I'm installing my game back and hopefully Seasons with it this time. I'm actually excited ^-^. I really hope it fixes our issues
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    erowland93erowland93 Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    I really hope the patch comes out soon! I'm excited for the whole roommate thing. And all the fixes (hopefully) for our crashing issues! I've got a way around it crashing within 10 minutes, but I still would like to play the game without saving every two sim days!
  • Options
    rtarynrtaryn Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    We will see how it goes!
  • Options
    coatsandboatscoatsandboats Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    So last night I was prompted with a update when I went to launch the game. I updated and when my game loaded I came to find out all my saves were gone and all of my downloads from the exchange and the store. Did that happen to anyone else cause Im really upset about it. Also now my game keeps freezing in CAS.
  • Options
    FantabestFantabest Posts: 638
    edited February 2013
    So last night I was prompted with a update when I went to launch the game. I updated and when my game loaded I came to find out all my saves were gone and all of my downloads from the exchange and the store. Did that happen to anyone else cause Im really upset about it. Also now my game keeps freezing in CAS.

Try searching your The sims 3 and Saves folder, there might be backups of your saved games there!
  • Options
    badwolf1026badwolf1026 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Well the mac version of patch 1.50 isn't out, so I'm not sure what you installed.
  • Options
    candelsjr1candelsjr1 Posts: 22
    edited February 2013
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    candelsjr1candelsjr1 Posts: 22
    edited February 2013

There was a store patch update, but that came out about a week ago. Don't know how that would delete your saves. Store content can always be downloaded again.
    As for the 1.50 patch. I'm not holding my breath but I do hope this will fix a lot of our issues. I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks... lets talk when its been couple months.