Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Advice and Suggestions about creating a Website...

Hey Simmers, I am trying to make my own Kennel/Stable and need a little help. I already have my characters made and the idea for my kennels/stables in mind but I am not familiar with Weebly and need some help in creating my site. :lol: Normally I'm good with a program but it is really confusing to me. Can someone help me out?

Comments

• Options
    Tiffany_BabiiTiffany_Babii Posts: 427 Member
    edited February 2013
    What do you need help with?
    OriginID: SummerRed7
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited February 2013
    What I need help with is understanding how to use Weebly's layout system. I have never made my own site before and all the different elements that can be incorporated in the creation of my Kennel site seriously overwhelmed me. I have been studying the layouts of everyone elses' sites and I am trying to make mine similiar to theirs. Nice homepage drop down menus chatboard guestbook etc...I just don't know where to start and its frustrating me. Can you or someone else give me a step-by-step guide on how to do this...? :( :?
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited February 2013
    I could help, if you go to editors you can add me as an editor and then i can just help by doing whatever you want me to, you must have weebly pro to choose the last options which sucks, but just tell me what you want me to do and i can do it. :)

Just enter my email then in the box below click administer then you can tell me what you want and all in the message box. I know it says i can edit anything by being an administer but i will do only the things you ask. :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    What I need help with is understanding how to use Weebly's layout system. I have never made my own site before and all the different elements that can be incorporated in the creation of my Kennel site seriously overwhelmed me. I have been studying the layouts of everyone elses' sites and I am trying to make mine similiar to theirs. Nice homepage drop down menus chatboard guestbook etc...I just don't know where to start and its frustrating me. Can you or someone else give me a step-by-step guide on how to do this...? :( :?

If you want to email me, I can help you there. It would be easier since I don't check this forum every day. springridgeacres@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you both for the help. I have sent editor invites to you. Feel free to do anything you like. I will give a detailed layout of what I am looking for.

Name of site will be GreenGablesGlen ~Kennels~Cattery~Stables~ in large bold font :D
    As for the color scheme I am going for pastelle Easter like colors really light greens blues pinks yellows etc...

Here is what I have so far. Its still under construction but I think it looks okay for a beginner's work.

http://greengablesglen.weebly.com/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks so much, also we need to figure out a plan of how to be on at the same time. I know we on different times which is why we must figure something out. Tomorrow 2/22/13 what time should we be on? I have a "join me" which is so a person/s can view what im doing on my screen, and only see my screen. :) So tomorrow if we figure out a time, you say it and i'll do it, and we can have a join me and chat as well on it to get your site up and ready. How does that sound? I don't care if you say no, no pressure, im just here to help and suggest stuff to ya. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I could help, if you go to editors you can add me as an editor and then i can just help by doing whatever you want me to, you must have weebly pro to choose the last options which sucks, but just tell me what you want me to do and i can do it. :)

Just enter my email then in the box below click administer then you can tell me what you want and all in the message box. I know it says i can edit anything by being an administer but i will do only the things you ask. :wink:

Thanks for adding your kennels as an affiliate I'll be asking for those soon enough. What I need help on currently is under the Adoptions area I'm trying to list the breeds of animals I have for potential adopters to pick from (like what Spring Ridge Acres has in their form. A drop down list of whats available to pick)I just don't know how to do that can you help me? :(

Here is what I am trying to make:

2ptcqjq.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks so much, also we need to figure out a plan of how to be on at the same time. I know we on different times which is why we must figure something out. Tomorrow 2/22/13 what time should we be on? I have a "join me" which is so a person/s can view what im doing on my screen, and only see my screen. :) So tomorrow if we figure out a time, you say it and i'll do it, and we can have a join me and chat as well on it to get your site up and ready. How does that sound? I don't care if you say no, no pressure, im just here to help and suggest stuff to ya. :)

I can be on around 2 pm PST. I live on the West Coast. Hope that is a good time for you. If its not we can reschedule. A "join me" sounds like a great idea. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I sure can help! :) Also that time would be just fine! :)

Edit- Well the time might be fine, i get confused easily so im not sure when exactly we would be on. :P Maybe just email me when your on or something.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok got it, i hope its fine. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    :D
  • Options
    TheBUILDsimsTeamTheBUILDsimsTeam Posts: 259
    edited February 2013
    Congrats on your new website ElijahsBabyGurl! Let us know if you need a new facility built, we would be more than happy to do that for you :)

Kulthero777@BUILDSims
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    :D

Whenever you are ready for the 'join me' just let me know Roo I'll be waiting. And I don't see the changes you made in the Adoption Application area. Do they show up on your pc screen? It could just be my computer... :?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hmm ,well here is the join me!

https://join.me/382-408-848
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Congrats on your new website ElijahsBabyGurl! Let us know if you need a new facility built, we would be more than happy to do that for you :)

Kulthero777@BUILDSims

Thank you very much. I think I will need a facility built to go forward with my plans. I'll send in a request asap. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hmm ,well here is the join me!

https://join.me/382-408-848

logged in and ready. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I see build sims offered to build a lot. They sometimes take a really really long time to accept them. You can request one from them if you want but I have a couple of lots for download on my creations website. Springridgecreations.evenly.com I will be building a stable with about six stalls this week after I finish a lot for summerskydreamer. I believe you are a member of mine and my sisters website sims-pets. I have a tread there under member creations if you want to follow it. I would be happy to build you your own stable or kennel. Which ever you need and now that my game isn't crashing when I save it I could build it later this week of you wanted.
    Also I can help you with the adoption page I'll try and set it up like mine with the drop down menus if you haven't figured it out yet. I was really busy today trying to get my foals sent out. I will look at your site tomorrow morning and see what there is to add. I am pretty good at editing HTML and making pictures and such. I can help you change the layout to something more customized with custom pictures and stuff. Just let me know
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for the offer Tiffany. I had a bit of trouble finding your site (the link above seems to be wrong could just be my pc) I had to use google. I put in a request for a combined Kennel/Stable/Cattery+lg house for my sims. Hope you see it. If anything seems to be confusing or you have more questions just send me an email or contact me here. I will respond asap.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Lol I just checked the link I posted. I was doing it off my phone and it was late. I didnt notice it corrected evenly to evenly my bad. The link is also on my main stable page. I am currently re doing my site and plan to make a section for my creation site for it on the home page. Btw I got your request I'll start on it in a few days after I finish another lot and try to fix my game again... Lol

Anyways did you get my email from this morning? I edited a new layout for your website but you would need all new pics for it since it is a different width. I can make you headers and stuff if you want. Its wider and would be able to hold your pictures better at a more decent size :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    OH no I forgot to check my email. I will get on it tomorrow. Its late for me (3 am) So I'm off to bed. I will check the changes to the site also. I have pictures of my cats and horses ready to go up. We will work on that later. Thank you for your help. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Okay, So I changed your site some. You can go look at it. I made you a logo too for the top of the page and made you a contact page and changed your Testimonials page some so that people can submit them to you for you to post. I also put the new layout up for you to tell me if you like. I can change the background image on it whenever. That is just the default background that was on it. If you find a different pattern BG you like I can stick that in there. Let me know what you think (:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I love the new changes. But for some reason I cannot publish it either. It says to verify my account with a cell # and enter some kind of code sent via text msg. But the problem is I don't own a cell. I would use my home phone but I know its not possible...now I'm stuck. :( I like these changes made to the site but can't publish it...I hate technology sometimes. :evil:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Oh no don't worry, its happened to me too. Here edit your site and click on the help button then on the bottom somewhere it says Ask us a question. Put your name, email, put if its urgent or not, then type this.

It says i must verify my account to publish my site, i have no cell phone though! Please help!

Then after a day or 2 you should get an email and they should make it where you won't ever have to do that again, it won't ever say it again. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :( :? :cry: Still no reply from the site regarding my publishing issue. I have sent them two messages so far. This is very frustrating. :evil:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just keep waiting, im sure they are very busy with stuff involving real life or the site. :) I hope they really can get back to you sometime soon though!