Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update 1.50 error

Comments

• Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited February 2013
    My first attempt at the super patch did not work. I got the CRC error that someone else mentioned before. I just tried it again and now my launcher says it's up to date. I didn't see a option to save the file to the desktop like mcrudd said to do in their link. I just clicked on the file it and let it download. Then I clicked on open and it installed with no problems this time.
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ok dowloaded the super patch it worked i am now on my games to se how they do see ya all later i will be back fto up date you all on how it goes.:D Also right click the mods and down loads in you EA documents there should be a pop up that says open send to extra.Just send to your desk top as a short cut.Whst i also did was i deleated them into my recycling bin and just kepted them their and reistalled them after i put the superpatch in.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited February 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    ok ill try updating

UPDATE ok i too rec'd the error at the last moment stopping the download

ill try to play around and see if i can get it to work

At current, it seems to be a case of the patch trying to update a file that doesn't actually exist. It seems someone typoed the patch.
    It's trying to update from 1.48 to 1.50, which shows a gap in the updates for some reason.
    Mine won't update either, same problem, missing file.
    :roll:
    UPDATE: Cumulative patch worked for me.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm downloading the super patch now, as I've also gotten the Invalid File error, despit removing the entire Mods folder. It's ridiculous that we have to resort to this though. Once again, if EA tested their patches before releasing them to the public, this wouldn't even be an issue. Absolutely pathetic.

Oh, and the time it's going to take to download this thing just keeps going up. It started at like 10 minutes and has since doubled in estimated download time. There is no excuse for this. An official patch should work right the first time!
  • Options
    patspantryplayerpatspantryplayer Posts: 498 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I think I will wait until EA patches this patch - don't know who wrote the 'superpatch' and don't want to screw up my game as it works w/o the new patch.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited February 2013
    Won't update for me as well.
    Removed Mods folder, chose to run without downloads, delete cache files
    deleted some saved games as well.

deleted the contentpatch folder and all inside. it regenerated.....

so after at least 10 tries I give until morning.....
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    TenderWolfTenderWolf Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I'll just wait until they fix it. We get some new items and the ability to dumpster dive with this patch but that's not life-threatening. I'll use the super patch on my non-main computer but will wait for EA to fix this patch before getting it on my laptop. Besides, the mods I have now work with the last patch, not the new one, so at least I can still use those.

EDIT: Just got done downloading the super patch...20 minutes it took only to give me the error saying "This file is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer." Yeah, that sounds safe...Wonderful.
  • Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited February 2013
    For anyone wondering how safe the super patch is..read this. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
  • Options
    Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited February 2013
    In typical EA fashion, the patch fails and now we wait on a patch to patch the patch! The superpatch doesn't even work for me & yes, I completely removed ALL my mods, the entire mod folder. I'm getting really sick of all the problems with this game! It's supposed to be FUN but constant bugs & updates that need updates to even get them installed is ridiculous! :x :x
  • Options
    sasuxnaruxsakusasuxnaruxsaku Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can't update my game and I un-stall my content that I have and it didn't work, sim team plz fix this plz. :-(

Edited: I am not downloading the super patch and I am going to wait until the sims team fixes it, I am re-installing my content. So yea...I hope they fix it soon.
    Origin ID: sasuxnaruxsaku
    Sims 3 Acc: narusasulover16
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62
    sims_forums_signature_by_narusasulover16-dcbvagx.png

• Options
    angelajolene82angelajolene82 Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Anyone still having problems? I am!!! Still says there's an error. Have they even begun to fix this? Help don't know what to do. Waiting on the superpatch to download. Removed all mods and still issues. ugh!!
  • Options
    bootie101bootie101 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2013
    yep im getting the error too
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    For anyone wondering how safe the super patch is..read this. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
    Doesn't seem like it affected my game in a negative way at all.
    It did reset the settings I had for the seasons for this particular game which is a little annoying but otherwise things seem to be ok.
    Noticed that there is a new option (one of many I'm sure) to set the ownership for the beds. cool. And has a cute colorful maxis splash in the beginning.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    doublepost
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Anyone still having problems? I am!!! Still says there's an error. Have they even begun to fix this? Help don't know what to do. Waiting on the superpatch to download. Removed all mods and still issues. ugh!!
    Did you try the link here to the 1.50.56 super patch ?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
    It worked for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think I will wait until EA patches this patch - don't know who wrote the 'superpatch' and don't want to screw up my game as it works w/o the new patch.
    The super patch is being offered by EA/Origin. It's an "official" EA Download.
    here's the link. make sure you click the link for the 1.50.56 patch if you try it.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
  • Options
    GarrettAndSheilaGarrettAndSheila Posts: 59
    edited February 2013
    Mimi52861 wrote:
    In typical EA fashion, the patch fails and now we wait on a patch to patch the patch! The superpatch doesn't even work for me & yes, I completely removed ALL my mods, the entire mod folder. I'm getting really sick of all the problems with this game! It's supposed to be FUN but constant bugs & updates that need updates to even get them installed is ridiculous! :x :x

The way me an my gf did the patch was click the link provide make sure it is Super patch-(all regions) amount of dwnload space is 1.2GB. after about 30-40min (depends on your internet speed) start up your sims, click on the super patch once in your downloads and it should start to update your sims game (this will take a while) once its done if you have Error Trap mod you might need to remove it, any other mods will work fine. i have downloaded Super Patch and for me its working better then the sims ever worked for me! everything is running smooth just try once again and dont give up if you really want to play the sims on patch 1.50 well hopefully this has helped someone who reads it.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    My game works great it was a bit chopy in Apploosa plain and i done a reset just in case then no worries at all.I even made a new game and no problems there at all.So the superpatch went fine for me.:D
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2013
    My game works great it was a bit chopy in Apploosa plain and i done a reset just in case then no worries at all.I even made a new game and no problems there at all.So the superpatch went fine for me.:D

Yay that is good news :)
  • Options
    sonettiesonettie Posts: 12
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting the same thing, tried installing it this morning/afternoon then this evening and still no go...
    I really don't want to hear I'll have to uninstall everything then re-install so it will work :(

at least this time, I don't have any mods so, there shouldn't be any issues. :cry:

Edit: trying the super patch now, crossing my fingers!
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2013
    sonettie wrote:
    I'm getting the same thing, tried installing it this morning/afternoon then this evening and still no go...
    I really don't want to hear I'll have to uninstall everything then re-install so it will work :(

at least this time, I don't have any mods so, there shouldn't be any issues. :cry:

Have you tried using the super patch. I have some easy instructions here on the tech forums http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648047.page
  • Options
    pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    edited February 2013
    I tried a 3rd party patcher, but that didn't work... :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    mcrudd wrote:

Yay that is good news :)

Thanks and sonettie i hope the superpatch works for you. :D
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2013
    pc452000 wrote:
    I tried a 3rd party patcher, but that didn't work... :(

hi pc452000 if u got the link from simsvip or crinrict's blog its actually an official link to EA ...

see this post here for all general info/links needed to update and follow link for fix when u cant download superpatch

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647876.page

good luck
  • Options
    iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm so happy im not the only one having this problem!