The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Aurora Skies: Official Discussion (Updated 2/21)

Comments

• Options
    ErinAwesome101ErinAwesome101 Posts: 676 Member
    edited February 2013
    does anyone know where i can read about the venue because the link on simgurutatortots OP is not working ?
    here's a link: http://simsvip.com/2013/02/15/aurora-skies-early-learning-center-preview/

Thank you !
    welcome
  • Options
    ErinAwesome101ErinAwesome101 Posts: 676 Member
    edited February 2013
    I've been excited about this world since it was announced. I'm a huge Norwegian/Icelandic geek so seeing something geared toward that is great. I rarely play toddlers so the Learning Center will more than likely go un-used, but overall I can't wait to buy it. :)
    then don't buy the gold version. (this wasn't meant to be mean or rude. I apologize if you found it to be offensive, or rude in any way)
  • Options
    ohnomonkeyohnomonkey Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I hope it has a lot of homes ranging from mostly 2-5 bed rooms :wink:
    That's what sounds ideal to me, I look for a lot of space to make a lot of homes.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,695 Member
    edited February 2013
    I was up for it before I read this thread. I might need to read more before I make my mind up now whether I'll get it or not.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    x.x This is sooo ironic to me!! I totally made a room on IMVU and a forum on Gaiaonline called Aurora Skies recently! xDD So it makes me quite excited to get this! :D
  • Options
    DittsboyloganDittsboylogan Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    I will be buying this World on Release day (unless there is an upcoming sale of course) I might get the gold, if its 4,000 sim-points or less. If not, I'll be happy with the standard. I bought Monte Vista in stores (Love it!) and I also bought Hidden Springs, Sunlit Tides, and Lucky Palms. Not interested in Barnacle Bay though. I have $50 laying around, so I might be in tune for Gold! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    fluffysdad12fluffysdad12 Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    I will be buying this World on Release day (unless there is an upcoming sale of course) I might get the gold, if its 4,000 sim-points or less. If not, I'll be happy with the standard. I bought Monte Vista in stores (Love it!) and I also bought Hidden Springs, Sunlit Tides, and Lucky Palms. Not interested in Barnacle Bay though. I have $50 laying around, so I might be in tune for Gold! :mrgreen:

I have all the worlds EA has ever made and I know I will be buying this one. While it did look like something a child had made at first I watched the broadcast and that changed everything. This world looks amazing, just by the screen shots they are showing makes it looks like something you would want to pass up on.
  • Options
    ZessinnaZessinna Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone know if you are able to explore that entire area beyond the waterfalls? because it looks like there is nothing over there besides just scenery. o.o Which it is pretty, but I'd love to know if I could just look around and maybe build over there.
  • Options
    PunkORama449PunkORama449 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I've been excited about this world since it was announced. I'm a huge Norwegian/Icelandic geek so seeing something geared toward that is great. I rarely play toddlers so the Learning Center will more than likely go un-used, but overall I can't wait to buy it. :)
    then don't buy the gold version. (this wasn't meant to be mean or rude. I apologize if you found it to be offensive, or rude in any way)

No, none taken! Thanks for wanting to save me a couple bucks/points, haha.
  • Options
    ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited February 2013
    I am unsure if I want to buy anymore worlds from the store. I have them all except monte vista (if that is a world), and I even had one gifted to me, and I don't really play them. I find they are either too small, or like Lunar lakes and lucky palms the landscape felt dead to me. While I did play in each world at least a few times, the only one that I REALLY like playing in is sunlit tides. While I admit that Aurora skies LOOKS AMAZING, and I do want to get it, I am just scared I will be disappointed..
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited February 2013
    Same! It's making me feel guilty for spending so much on a ... Map! :cry:

Oh, but it is soooooooooo much more than a map :lol::wink:
    It is new and exciting local townies, clothing, hairstyles, the HAB, the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center, new interactions, new and exciting build and buy objects...... the list is endless! :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Shinrikyo wrote:
    I am unsure if I want to buy anymore worlds from the store. I have them all except monte vista (if that is a world), and I even had one gifted to me, and I don't really play them. I find they are either too small, or like Lunar lakes and lucky palms the landscape felt dead to me. While I did play in each world at least a few times, the only one that I REALLY like playing in is sunlit tides. While I admit that Aurora skies LOOKS AMAZING, and I do want to get it, I am just scared I will be disappointed..

I do not own all the store worlds, but those I do own I absolutely love! I do not understand how anyone can be disappointed by an EA world. Alot of thought and time goes into them. The Store Team and Gurus always try to cater to our needs and wants in an effort to make us happy :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    ScienceCrazyScienceCrazy Posts: 116 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I love EA worlds. However, I only own hidden springs. I'm thinking of getting Aurora skies.

Has any one got a picture of the map ( ariel view of the whole town ) ?

Thankyou,
  • Options
    ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited February 2013
    Shinrikyo wrote:

I do not own all the store worlds, but those I do own I absolutely love! I do not understand how anyone can be disappointed by an EA world. Alot of thought and time goes into them. The Store Team and Gurus always try to cater to our needs and wants in an effort to make us happy :)
    Oh of course they are all amazing! I think for me personally and my playing style I just prefer sunny and lush and stuff like that! I admit each world has a lot of cool stuff in it, like I use parts of all the worlds in whatever world I am playing in, but I just rush out and buy it because I love the sims and don't actually buy it because I like it. :lol: My favorite is sunlit tides because it coincides with my personality, it's bright and vibrant and has loads of trees. I hope that makes sense!
  • Options
    EGHeeEGHee Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Does the gold version cost more sim points?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    EGHee wrote:
    Does the gold version cost more sim points?

Yes, because you get the amazing new Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center venue with the Gold version :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    BlambleBlamble Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Aurora-Skies.jpg

Welcome to the Sims 3 Aurora Skies official discussion thread. Check out the page for information on Aurora Skies, and join the discussion!

Explore the breathtaking scenery and vast, unspoiled nature that await you at Aurora Skies! This quaint, coastal town features the very best in outdoor living: grow your family on spacious land and houses surrounded by an eco-friendly community, traipse under majestic, towering waterfalls that come to rest on the banks of a large, steaming geothermal lake sky, or take a night hike under the dome of the bright, multi-colored sky. It’s the ultimate getaway for Sims searching for change, searching for themselves, or searching for a piece of peace.
    Oh! I thank it lools great' I hope we can have second homes in the mountains.
    What will you find at Aurora Skies?

Q&A

When does Aurora Skies come out?
    The Sims 3 Aurora Skies comes out February 21, 2013 in the Sims 3 Store.

Can I use my simpoints to buy Aurora Skies?
    Yes!

Will The Sims 3 Aurora Skies be available in retail stores?
    Nope.

Will there be a gold and standard version?
    Yes! You’ll find out more details about the gold and standard versions as we get closer to the release date.

Can I gift the Aurora Skies to my friends?
    Yes!

To learn more about the venue, check out SimGuruMegan's thoughts: http://bit.ly/XeTgKGp

To learn more about the premium content, check out SimGuruCopeland's thoughts, hosted on SimGuruTatertot's Blog: http://bit.ly/XqQ5yE

Check out the Sims 3 Community blog for more screenshots and details! http://bit.ly/11l42p4

Check out my latest blog regarding my thoughts on The Sims 3 Aurora Skies! With even more screenshots! http://bit.ly/WQQFau

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-Dr93YfRn0DE/UQlWrlde_LI/AAAAAAAAAKE/vDAzocbq-_U/s912/Screenshot%25202.jpg[/img]

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-z1gbEet7rGQ/URAdw42GP3I/AAAAAAAAAMA/AXZo2XFSLXY/s1024/Screenshot-22%2520%25282%2529.jpg[/img]

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-HSdOUJNngFQ/URPfQZvV6GI/AAAAAAAAAN8/aoYL6alX64k/s800/SS%25206.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    EGHeeEGHee Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Can we buy the new toddler items of the sims 3 store?
  • Options
    TeddyJaxxMiley11TeddyJaxxMiley11 Posts: 19
    edited February 2013
    I Don't know if I'm all that impressed I figured that with all the expansion packs and everything that is in those I guess kinda of left me expecting way more I was also hoping to see maybe an expansion where you could add the towns from Sims2 or maybe even Sims1 type play like Grandma's house lol but still kind of not feeling what this has to offer plus to many limitations from what I saw from the broadcast which I found annoying since it wasn't very uninformative about the sims newest expansion University they weren't prepared enough to make sure they had a demo that worked to really show us if it was worth it any way but for Aurora skies I was disappointed to find out that the hot air balloons don't go high up I was just hoping for more I guess Since the other expansion Paradise allows you to dive deep down into the ocean and what not along with boating and building houses on the water :roll:
  • Options
    DittsboyloganDittsboylogan Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    Im hoping the Baloons can go higher, and cruise around. Meybe with seasons...? Because of the wind effect...? I wish they showed the homes, gameplay, and more in detail. Mu list of favorite worlds (and I bought Barnacle Bay Last Night...) 1) Monte Vista 2) Sunlit Tides 3) Lucky Palms 4) Hidden Springs 5)Barnacle Bay 6) Lunar Lakes. I'm guessing this might be 4th by what they've shown.. Not much has been shown, but I'm definitely going to play with this world. I would recommend, if you're going to pass on this world and get this one to get Monte Vista. Sunlit Tides & Lucky palms are honestly though. Just my opinion, I'd like to hear your interest in worlds! Anywho, their worlds have really improved!I mean Lunar Lakes was a joke (to me) now, I liked it when it came out though.
  • Options
    BookkPlayBookkPlay Posts: 57 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Have they released any more cas items?
  • Options
    clmc13clmc13 Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2013
    Shinrikyo wrote:

I know what you mean, thats why I'm gonna wait for reviews for aurora skies to come out first and then I'm gonna decide whether I want it or not and whether I want the gold version.
  • Options
    mplsnick46mplsnick46 Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2013
    I am looking forward to the new world. I have my alien families all set to move in once it is released. As with all worlds, I tend to buy them all just for the sake of owning them, and also the little bits they all come with.

Since I do play huge families with lots of children, the learning center will be a nice addition.

Happy Simming !
  • Options
    AyrissaAyrissa Posts: 117 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Tomorrow is the release date for Aurora Skies, but there's no more information. I'd like to know how many SimPoints it costs to buy this world. I definitely want it! If the Sim Gurus have any more info, could you please post it!?
  • Options
    WillowcynnWillowcynn Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can't figure out why they don't just say how many simpoints it takes. I could perhaps buy them in advance.