Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant Crashes

I downloaded the app at midnight and was literally unable to play the game because it crashed constantly. Has anyone else had this problem?

It's so annoying because it looks like a great app, but I'm unable to play it... :(

Comments

• Options
    judhudsonjudhudson Posts: 336 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You're not alone, a few others are experiencing this problem. Head on over to the EA Mobile forums and leave a note to Craig so he can pass it along to the devs for correcting. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/147.page
  • Options
    Squirmy8494Squirmy8494 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah that happens to me a lot too. It's really annoying.
  • Options
    janedoe08janedoe08 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Did you guys restart you iPhones/iTouches? Whenever adding something new you should restart it. That tends to make games crash less. I hope that helps.
  • Options
    captjanwycaptjanwy Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had the same problem when I first installed it. I couldn't get past the load screen. The progress bar would get about 75% full and then it would shut down. I powered down my iPhone and started it back up and haven't had a problem since.
  • Options
    WithacyWithacy Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2009
    :oops:

Power off the iPhone? You mean you can do that? :roll:

OK, never even occured to me. And I was getting seriously ****** because I'd play for like 10 minutes and then it would kick me out.

Well, you live, you learn. I guess I should count myself lucky - at least 3 dozen apps downloaded without powering down, and this is the first one that's kicked me out/crashed.
  • Options
    ClaudiaVanTrampClaudiaVanTramp Posts: 506 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks janedoe08 and captjanwy. I powered off and haven't had a problem since :)
  • Options
    Sweetmeee2001Sweetmeee2001 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY POWER DOWN??? U MEAN TURN IT OFF AND BACK ON?? THAT DIDNT WORK FOR ME...
  • Options
    sweetie_shelliesweetie_shellie Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I bought this for the ipod touch. I agree with the constant crashing. I can get in about 5, 10 minutes of play time before the game crashes and returns to the ipod's home screen. Luckily thought it usually seems to save whatever it is I was doing, but when I'm back to the game I'm at home instead of where I was originally. So it's not too bad, more of just a super annoyance. I would like to have this issue addressed. I hope it will be in an update. I also wish that my sim wasn't just a blue little statue type thing moving around about the town, but I guess for a mobile game, it'll have to do.
  • Options
    papersneakerpapersneaker Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have been having crashing problems constantly, play 5-10 minutes and then it crashes. This is on the iphone, and yes, I've restarted my phone several times but it hasn't changed anything. I really enjoy playing it, I hope there's a workaround or an update to fix this soon!

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TikkidewTikkidew Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    To power off you iPhone/Ipod Touch, hold the button on the top for about 5 seconds.
  • Options
    mman5797mman5797 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have been having the same problem, and I have restarted my ipod. It is really annoying, and I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    GrandpaBobGrandpaBob Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I actually did not have this problem until recently. Right after my iphone's OS was upgraded to the 3.0 version, I have had frequent crashes, and I've reset my phone after everyone of them.
  • Options
    Just4meat53Just4meat53 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have not been able to play the game either. I have posted my question, but I have not gotten a response. I would really love to play the game. I can get to the point where I have selected a family to start and a house, but when I hit the check to start the game, it crashes. What's up with that?
  • Options
    kaylee9387kaylee9387 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have had the same problem. Apparently the app itself is not the problem. The problem is memory allocation. The iPhone is not allocating enough memory especially if there are other programs that are running. Obvously this is a memory intensive game. So if there are any apps running that might have automatic updates or email downloading etc, it kicks you out of Sims. It looks like the app is crashing but apparently it isn't. I did like suggested and reset my iPhone and that helped. However since the 3.0 upgrade I am having problems with it again. It was also suggested that you make sure no other apps are running, put it on airplane mode, etc. Beyond that the next suggestion is to delete game from itunes and iPhone and then reload. Then reset phone again. Beyond that, I guess we wait for an update.