Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I screwed up bad. PLEASE HELP

GregVimGregVim Posts: 10 New Member
So I have over 250 hours invested in creating a very large world of islands. No bridges, no roads, ect.

The idea was that the NPCs would use the LLAMA transporters on a community lot like a teleportation station to beam back and forth from island to island.

But they dont, and they soend vast amounts of time walking and swimming instead.

I am thinking that the LLAMA transport is not part of the routing calculations for NPCs at all? or only if there is a transporter on the both the lot they sim is on when it decides to go somewhere, and on the lot it is going to? But it wont walk to a third lot first for transport to another island.

This is what happens when you spend most of your time sculpting worlds in CAS and building houses in game and very little actual playing and learng the game mechanics. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

The whole visual point of my futuristic utopia island world only works if I can get sims to beam back and forth....

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Long to short...

Is there a way to make NPCs use the LLAMA Transporter like the subway objects, or taxis, instead of walking on a roadless world...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    :cry: I just tried the old joke cheat "enablellamas" and set it to on...

So far nothing haha.
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi GregVim :)

Don't know much about the Llamas and NPC's but it sounds like you made their island(s) so nice, they don't want to go anywhere else. I'm trying to remember if I ever saw a NPC using one. I switched over to subways when one of my Sims came out of a Llama with the Tragic Clown curse.

Best to you! :D
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2013
    No NPC's won't use the Llamas or Subways. They will use cars, bikes, motorcycles, taxis, swimming, and walking - but they leave the rest - even transporters and dive wells they will avoid and either throw route failure or do as you say.

You have to remember the NPCs basically have the same programming service sims do as far as transportation goes - service people will use what is provided for them to use - like the mail sims have no provided transportation so they walk. Firemen have fire truck - but if you a fire on one of those islands they will drop using the firetruck as they know they need a bridge and will do just as the NPCS are doing - walk - run and swim. It is the way they are programmed to take care of their selves. Like NPC kids will ride a school bus and NPC workers will ride a car pool - but none of them will use LLamas, subways, or transporters. It's always been like that in Sims 3.

The only way you can make all the households you don't use to use subways, llamas, horses, and other modes of transport that I know of is play each of their houses a bit and get them to use these things while you play that house. It is as if they learn - than many will continue to use these things on their own. I say many as you have some that won't no matter how many times you try. I know I had this problem in a roadless world and I added llamas to each of the lots where there was too much distance for sims to run - but I still had to play each household to get them to do it on there own after I left. But it took putting it on their own lots. Not sure if this will work though in a world with roads.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2013
    you know, that's really odd - because a non-played sim in my world used the LLAMA while my sim was busy building friends with that sim's spouse. AFAIK, there aren't any other LLAMA's in Starlight Shores (I plopped down the park from Moonlit).

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the responses everyone! I appreciate the feedback.

I will have to get used to the idea that my sims will do a bit of walking without any roads. Maybe future EPs will feature something that will make my trasportation ideas possible. Until then...