Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invisible Sim - possible fix.

Got yourself an invisible sim. First do a resetSim, then direct the sim to go to their wardrobe and choose PLAN OUTFIT. The sim will reappear in the wardrobe, so plan out 3 of each outfit - don't be alarmed as the sim is liable to blink in and out here and there, but by the time you have planned them a complete wardrobe, they will be in solid - click the check mark and you sim will be back in their home and normal again.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Comments

• Options
    hideyho28hideyho28 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Agh! I had an invisible sim! I killed her off in the pool after I tried changing clothes, a shower, a trip abroad, saving, quiting, and re-loading the game. Her horse got mad at Grim and she came back to life visible again (even the ghost was invisible!!)
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Create-a-World?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2011
    Yeah thesimling, I put this here because I was testing a world for a creator when this happened and it was on a ported in sim in the test world. I have seen others report this invisible sim problem with some ported in Sims after some kind of big event in the world. In my case the sim had survived a meteor strike by me sending her off the lot - I assume the script had assumed she'd die as I have never seen a meteor strike with that large of a meteor. It was like one of the big rocks as big as her house - it even killed 11 other sims and set what was left of the house on fire. But my sim escaped it,as when the sky darkened I sent her to the nectary across the street. Next thing I see is a script error from Error trap, and then my sim went invisible.

There, that's the whole story. I know, I would have also questioned a fix in create a world of this nature - but I think it may have something to do with Ported in sims. I need to see this happen with a non-ported in sim and see the fix work on those sims too to know it is an actual fix for any sim. But it seems to be for a ported in sim anyway, so is most appropiate in this thread over others until I can check this process in a non-ported in sim.

This is the only forum where sims are ported into worlds and I was testing a world for a creator. Hope that helps you not be so confused why I posted this here.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    bancroftsbancrofts Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Thank you sooooo much Writin_Reg it worked a treat !!!!! :P :lol::) :-) :D :thumbup:
  • Options
    Aryana16Aryana16 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Thanks!!!! This is the only thing that worked! :D
  • Options
    JAB2009JAB2009 Posts: 44 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you. This brought back my sim!
  • Options
    tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited January 2013
    Or, you can use Twallan's mods for a quick fix.
  • Options
    Simgirl2003Simgirl2003 Posts: 23 Member
    edited February 2013
    Try to go to the main menu the reload the family?
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited February 2013
    This works, to a point.

When a sim is a townie or NPC, and they are invisible, it can be real tricky to get them back to normal. Especially when you cant even determine their name for resetsim purposes.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    As I said it was ported in sims and why this is in this section. Ported in sims we generally have all their names because we ported them in including the pool for NPC sims. That is also why I believe this might only work on these type of sims for general use.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited February 2013
    First do a resetSim, then direct the sim to go to their wardrobe and choose PLAN OUTFIT

It's a good fix, I've used it on a old save, it does work, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ive never ported any sims, but it happens in my games constantly.

If its one of my household sims, I just have them change clothes or take a shower.

• Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It usual happens to me when I come back off holiday
    I just have them change clothes or take a shower.
    At least we have clean sims :lol:
  • Options
    Iamthatis137Iamthatis137 Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    This fix worked for me! Thank you so much! :D

To add to the conversation: The sim that turned invisible was not ported in. It was Ayden Van Gould, a 'born' resident of Moonlight Falls. And nothing major happened beforehand, that I know of. He was sitting on the couch when I saved and exited my game. Then, when I loaded it, he was invisible and un-clickable.

I didn't try resetSim first. I just planned his everyday outfit. When I left CAS, he was there and his portrait returned! Thank you again!

I actually have several invisible sims in my town. And before I realized they were turning invisible, I saw floating thought bubbles moving around on the ground, opening doors and setting up picnics (which kind of freaked me out). Now I know what they are, which still isn't exactly comforting.
  • Options
    Resa33Resa33 Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    you rock!!! making my sim take a shower worked!! thanks!!
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2014
    I know some don't like using mods but this mod is very useful when you have invisible sims especially if they are NPC - I've been using it and it works, all you have to do is if you see a floating bubble that is an invisible sim even outside of your household, you just left click on the ground near the invisible sim, click on FIX INVISIBLE SIM, and viola! The sim becomes visible. You don't have to use the dresser, or porter or anything else. Here's the link.

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6hnpr9vrrjqmtr53utpefuc282&topic=1450
  • Options
    KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    edited April 2014
    thank you SOOOO much!!
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Reggie, another great piece of advice. Will write it down. What is a port a sim?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    When sims are added to a user created world without using a save file. Like the sims Rflong adds to some of the worlds where she doesn't use a save file.

In dreams - I LIVE!