The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Car download question

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    amirahsyuhadaamirahsyuhada Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2009
    AlexRoz9 wrote:
    Am I the only one still unable to download my Promotional sports cars? If so, how has everybody else gotten their codes to work, and if not, is everybody still trying to get what they paid for from EA?

Here's my latest update: After roughly my fifth phone call to EA, they elevated my question yet again, and I received an e-mail from an EA Rep who told me that she had their server generate a temporary password so that she could help me get my cars. Indeed, my password was changed, I received notification of the change from EA, and notified the rep of the new password. That was five days ago, and the rep has yet to reply with any suggestions as to what I should do to get my promotional cars. The question in "my questions" isn't accessible, and I honestly feel like I'm going in circles. I mean, I just want the content that I paid for, plain and simple. I've been patient and polite with EA for over a month now, but I'm admittedly getting slightly aggravated. I just want to know that they're working on this issue and that I'm not alone. If anybody has a solution to this problem, please share it, if not, than maybe if we can all keep at EA they'll eventually do something about it. Again, I just want the content that I paid for.

You are not the one Alex, I also cannot get those cars and after the feedback from email that not helping me at all, no reply from them..nothing at all. I cannot call because I not at US, pity me?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    warghhhhhh!!! So I am the only one who STILL didn't get my car. This is the last time I buy any promotional edition. I hate it.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i sent a second email, dunno whether they will ever care or not.
  • Options
    Moneybags11Moneybags11 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    MissLanie wrote:
    here's a wierd one... i got this for our daughter to play, i installed, and activated all the codes from the Collectors Edition (Car and points). It set for download properly, and Installed. It's even the the PC Directory where it's supposed to be. And shows on the Launcher as INSTALLED.

So her question is.... Where's the car? can't find it anywhere in the game.
    Help? Suggestions?

SAME EXACT THING FOR ME!

lol I have no idea what I did wrong. I downloaded it, first try, went on and was like hmm I don't want to pay 73,000 simoleans for a car that I was suppoused to have, what's the deal here. Went back and I can even see the stupid car as installed on my launcher.

What Do I do?
  • Options
    vmanisasimvmanisasim Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    how do u get the farrari type cars premium content
    :twisted: :-(
  • Options
    in35335in35335 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I thought I was the only one having this problem. I don't even know where to find the stupid download thing.

If anyone knows pleas let me know. Other than the thumb drive I really feel ripped off by buying the collector's edition.

• Options
    ntrevino96ntrevino96 Posts: 577 New Member
    edited July 2009
    they have a vintage car for people who preordered?i preordered and heaerd of no such thing!
  • Options
    agapimariaagapimaria Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I download 7 cars but only one of them are in Buy Mode.And that one is red and i can't buy it. What can i do about that and the others cars? When i download them it said me 'congratulation'.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    at last!!! They gave me the new codes, and I succeed to download that 2 cars. Its just..yeah the procedures almost make me give up. But thanks EA, at least...and at last I got the cars.
  • Options
    The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Why can't they just sell them at the stores because i couldn't wait for the $ for colectore edition and i want those cars
  • Options
    duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    edited August 2009
    Gee! I thought I was the only one who couldn't download the car or redeem my points. I'm not happy the problem is so widespread, but pleased it's not just me. Hopefully the problem/s will be sorted out shortly. In the mean time I'll wait patiently. Ho hum.

too redeem points go to my page and click redeem points and you don't need a code are anything

how do people get the car do they have to pay simpoints or real money if it's real money tell me in pounds
  • Options
    MachiHxHMachiHxH Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I purchased the collectors edition and was anxious to receive the free European sports car. I registered my game, inputted the code and downloaded the car and it says successfully installed. Then I try and find it in the game but it was no where parked outside the garage etc so I go into buy mode and look for that car. I find it and it's 75000$ to purchase and there is a little Green Sims 3 icon next to the car but it won't let me click it as it is shaded red. I tried creating other sims and see if the car will show up there but no, same thing. So I call customer service(the # is located on the back of the manual), and they tell me that it is FREE TO DOWNLOAD BUT IN GAME YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY PURCHASE IT!! Wow, what a marketing gimmick saying you'll receive a free sports car when in fact you have to purchase it even after downloading it! Anyone else have to go through this process or were you able to get the Collector's European car for free both download and in game?
  • Options
    earthfreak101earthfreak101 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm having the same problems to. I bought the Sims 3 along time ago and was hoping the problems would pass, but they haven't. I haven't got my free 1000 SimPoints yet AND I still can't download my free European Sports car. When I buy SimPoints I have no problem. Also, I can download tons of stuff (like Riverview and hairstyles) no problem (although I tried to download a rug and I couldn't). I entered my code and I took a while for it to accept it. Now, when I try to download it, I get this message:

There was an error Downloading Content OFB-SIM3:15891

Has anyone found out what the problem is yet? :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    spyro27spyro27 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i have no problem installing the Europe sports car but the vintage sports car doesn't work at all...and i've tried every thing....plus i had no reply wat so eva from the ea ppl when i asked 4 help...
  • Options
    spyro27spyro27 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MachiHxH wrote:
    I purchased the collectors edition and was anxious to receive the free European sports car. I registered my game, inputted the code and downloaded the car and it says successfully installed. Then I try and find it in the game but it was no where parked outside the garage etc so I go into buy mode and look for that car. I find it and it's 75000$ to purchase and there is a little Green Sims 3 icon next to the car but it won't let me click it as it is shaded red. I tried creating other sims and see if the car will show up there but no, same thing. So I call customer service(the # is located on the back of the manual), and they tell me that it is FREE TO DOWNLOAD BUT IN GAME YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY PURCHASE IT!! Wow, what a marketing gimmick saying you'll receive a free sports car when in fact you have to purchase it even after downloading it! Anyone else have to go through this process or were you able to get the Collector's European car for free both download and in game?

If u were wondering y it was red, its because u/ur sim obviously doesnt have enough money 2 purchase it in the game....nothing is 4 free these days but i do agree with u.....if they say its free it should be free in the game as well..................cause thats wat they used 2 do......^_^
  • Options
    bri26bri26 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I had to reinstall my sims because its crashing like crazy after the stupid patches were installed. Now I can't get the european car to work. It says I sucessfully downloaded it, but when I try to install it it says there is an error while it was downloading. What the efff?? This game ticks me off to no end anymore. :evil:
  • Options
    NadavSyonNadavSyon Posts: 3
    edited November 2009
    Hello,

I think you need to download again. If you try twice, and don't succeed, I don't think I can help you here.

Good-Luck! :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    axonn27axonn27 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2009
    how can I find limousine? I saw people have and Iwant too. can nayone help me?
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited November 2009
    axonn27 wrote:
    how can I find limousine? I saw people have and Iwant too. can nayone help me?

The limousine is not a store object. It is an object in the game that is hidden and you have to find it out. You are given the limousine in the game when you have reached a certain career level in the music career. When you reach that level, there should be a pop up. Be3 sure to check you family inventory in buy mode or that Sim's backpack for it. :wink: