Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think they might unveil the occult in the next update?

I'm growing impatient

Comments

• Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited February 2013
    Same, though I'm 99% sure and 110% hopeful its Plantsims.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited February 2013
    They'll probably show them in the live broadcast on the 14th of this month.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'am also 99% sure that creatures are plantsims. :)
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited February 2013
    If they are plantsims I hope they give them more then they did in TS2.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited February 2013

Obviously they're going to change them from Sims 2... Why wouldn't then when they've drastically changed every lifestate from Sims 2 that's been in Sims 3 thus far.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wilderwolf wrote:

Obviously they're going to change them from Sims 2... Why wouldn't then when they've drastically changed every lifestate from Sims 2 that's been in Sims 3 thus far.

I only say that because personally I can't think of much more to do to plantsims to make them interesting honestly. I didn't like them in TS2 because of that. They were my least favorite. Yeah they looked neat, but that was about it. *shrug* That's just me though.
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2013
    It is plantsims.

Jacqpink, who went to the event(or knew someone that went), told us on a different thread. She said that the 'Play with Herbs' is linked to the occult. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes some people from event said that Plantsims are the creatures from University life and that line ''Play with Herbs'' is linked to the occult. :)

I just hope that at live chat they will reveal occult. :)
  • Options
    Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited February 2013
    OMG You guys :O. Where did you hear that cause this is totally amazing like seriously I never got to play as the in the simns 2. but I guess we wont be able to create them in CAS just like aliens right??.
  • Options
    Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited February 2013
    OMG You guys :O. Where did you hear that cause this is totally amazing like seriously I never got to play as the in the simns 2. but I guess we wont be able to create them in CAS just like aliens right??.

I heard the team that made Supernatural is working on the University EP. So i believe we will be able to make our own Plantsims or Occult acompanied with this expansion.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    It is plantsims.

Jacqpink, who went to the event(or knew someone that went), told us on a different thread. She said that the 'Play with Herbs' is linked to the occult. :mrgreen:

Can somebody please post a link as to where this thread is or did it get deleted :( and OMG how do you know they will be adding plantsims and aliens to seasons they already finished the game so they are fixing bugs and glitches.
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited February 2013
    TRachet wrote:
    It is plantsims.

Can somebody please post a link as to where this thread is or did it get deleted :( and OMG how do you know they will be adding plantsims and aliens to seasons they already finished the game so they are fixing bugs and glitches.

I dug up the thread where she said playing with herbs are linked to the new occult: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/643626.page

Scroll down toward the bottom and you'll see the post :D
    If it's true, it's really exciting, but not too surprising news!!
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't think Jacqpink was telling the truth especially since he/she wasn't there and only has second hand knowledge.

Isn't there an embargo on that sort of information? Otherwise I'm sure the ol' trusty SimsVIP would've told us.
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited February 2013
    danivixen wrote:
    I don't think Jacqpink was telling the truth especially since he/she wasn't there and only has second hand knowledge.

Isn't there an embargo on that sort of information? Otherwise I'm sure the ol' trusty SimsVIP would've told us.

You're right on point for being hesitant, I still have some doubts myself and nothing's worse than rumors getting spread and people being let down. As you said, you would think there would be an embargo and simsvip is mum on the situation so who knows for sure? Personally, I'm pretty positive it will be plantsims but I need to hear it straight from the horse's, (or mare's lol) :wink: mouth before I truly believe something! *sigh* I hope we find out for sure during the live chat!!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    SadieStar wrote:
    TRachet wrote:
    It is plantsims.

I dug up the thread where she said playing with herbs are linked to the new occult: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/643626.page

Scroll down toward the bottom and you'll see the post :D
    If it's true, it's really exciting, but not too surprising news!!

You're right it looks like plantsims could be the new occult/lifestate for university life I really hope so.
  • Options
    ec1ipsseec1ipsse Posts: 53
    edited February 2013
    I am in two minds about PlantSims - I never really liked them in TS2, but I am happy to give them a second chance!
  • Options
    Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    edited February 2013
    And doesn't "Play with Herbs" have to do with the herbs you can throw into the bonfire?

Personally, I really hope it's not Plantsims. I would prefer to see Bigfoot, really.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited February 2013
    I sure hope they go for the big reveal. I don't think they've ever kept the occult this much of a surprise before, have they? It is seriously bumming me out! Someone needs to officially spill the beans soon! :P
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited February 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    I sure hope they go for the big reveal. I don't think they've ever kept the occult this much of a surprise before, have they? It is seriously bumming me out! Someone needs to officially spill the beans soon! :P

Agreed! I'd really like to know! :D
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'll admit plantsims were my lease favorite. But i want them to return and be better than ever this time.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2013
    danivixen wrote:

Jacqpink is a very reliable simmer and creator, not a liar. She took the information from someone's page who attended the event. How exactly is that lying?

If SimsVIP is the only source you trust, perhaps you should ask them if any of their people went to the event rather than making irresponsible statements and trashing someone else, particularly someone like Jacqpinks.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    danivixen wrote:

Jacqpink is a very reliable simmer and creator, not a liar. She took the information from someone's page who attended the event. How exactly is that lying?

If SimsVIP is the only source you trust, perhaps you should ask them if any of their people went to the event rather than making irresponsible statements and trashing someone else, particularly someone like Jacqpinks.

It was an opinion. You're making irresponsible statements now and trashing me. ;) I guess that made you feel big and bad or something. I really don't care, though. *Moves on with her life and day.*
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Simsvip seem to think that Plantsim's is highly likely

http://simsvip.com/2013/01/14/speculation-plantsims-in-university-life/

• Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited February 2013
    I Hope they do or leave some hint around
  • Options
    ec1ipsseec1ipsse Posts: 53
    edited February 2013
    I think it probably is PlantSims - if it was something really new there would have been some hints from the Gurus.

Will be happy to be proved wrong, though!