The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea: dialects

I really think that in each country, France Egypt or China, the sims must speak dialects, different dialects than the dialect which is used in Sunset Valley and Riverview. A sim tourist must go to a school in each place, and learn during more or less two hours the dialect. If he don't, he couldn't speak with the sims who live in the places. He can also teach to the other sims the dialects in Sunset Valley and Riverview.
It would be more realistic.
If you approve, say it!

Comments

• Options
    ChOm1ChOm1 Posts: 294 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nobody agree?
  • Options
    Birkettboy55Birkettboy55 Posts: 363 New Member
    edited August 2009
    We have had this idea before, However the only reason it hasn't been greeted with open arms, coffee and a warm towel is mainly the fact Simlish isnt really a language and more a combination of languages.

As we don't understand it, it makes no real reason to re-recorded hundreds of hours of voice overs.

Also, wouldn't it be a bit of a stereotype?

BBoy
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We have had this idea before, However the only reason it hasn't been greeted with open arms, coffee and a warm towel is mainly the fact Simlish isnt really a language and more a combination of languages.

As we don't understand it, it makes no real reason to re-recorded hundreds of hours of voice overs.

Also, wouldn't it be a bit of a stereotype?

BBoy
    I und... Understand :cry::cry::cry: Thanks for your answer!
  • Options
    Birkettboy55Birkettboy55 Posts: 363 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh I wasn't being negative!

I really liked the idea!

Just EA have there restrictions...... BIG ones.

Maybe in the time of Maxis :(

BBoy
  • Options
    dellapiazzadellapiazza Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think it would be cool if foreign sims spoke with realistic accents, but i dont know about the dialect idea
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited October 2017
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Simpkin on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe they should put a voice effect on the voices of natives to other countries to simulate an accent?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    [deleted]
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited August 2009
    Simpkin wrote:
    Um..yeah, do you mean like they say new things or what? Cause they're speaking in simlish anyway, we wouldn't know if they had a dialect or accent.
    (I think the new way of greeting was the equivalent to the dialect in Sims 2, maybe that's what they'll do in WA)

I may be wrong but I could swear that I did pick up on a new Sim (female) voice speaking with an accent. It's the scene where two Sims appear to be gossiping.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    [deleted]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Simpkin wrote:
    Um..yeah, do you mean like they say new things or what? Cause they're speaking in simlish anyway, we wouldn't know if they had a dialect or accent.
    (I think the new way of greeting was the equivalent to the dialect in Sims 2, maybe that's what they'll do in WA)
    I thought they could have different grammars (for example: "Abondadlaine en som" which I hear sometimes in the end of the sentences of our sims could be "Som en abondaaaaaadline" or something a little bit different) not very different than "our" Simlish but a little bit! If you know the difference between Dutch and Afrikaans, it would be the same difference! But Birkettboy said they can't and I'll stop dreaming... Now!
  • Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Simpkin wrote:
    Hmh, that could be really cool. But what if you go to live there with your sim, would their accent change then?:D
    accents would be cool and kinda funny to hear in simlish. lol :)