Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you have your Sims' lifespans set to? (Short, Normal, Long, or Epic?)

I'm just curious how long people have their Sims live for. For my normal family, I set it to "Long". However, I'm currently playing a single woman who's working on her career, and then she *might* have kids, and I decided to set her lifespan to Epic to allow her enough time as a young adult to climb the career ladder.

What about you? Do you prefer quickly-moving generations, the normal settings, a little longer life or an epic lifespan? 8)

Comments

• Options
    TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have it set to normal... but even then I get bored of them once they hit elder and I can't wait for them to die.
  • Options
    windowsimwindowsim Posts: 219 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have my sims' lifespans set to normal -- it seems like a good length, to me.
  • Options
    MagicalGnomeMagicalGnome Posts: 71 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have mine set to normal for now
  • Options
    hobbes33hobbes33 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Currently on 'epic' for my evil sim who's aiming to be leader of the free world. Need more time for his dastardly deeds. ;-)
  • Options
    buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    Tynk wrote:
    I have it set to normal... but even then I get bored of them once they hit elder and I can't wait for them to die.
    Why dont you just kill them?
  • Options
    robbyamrobbyam Posts: 607 New Member
    edited August 2009
    buddychead wrote:
    Tynk wrote:
    Even though it's just a game, that sounds horrible lol. :)
  • Options
    naysaslemmingsnaysaslemmings Posts: 477 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Long, gives me time to do everything I want, from career, kids, garden, enjoy grandkids and so on
  • Options
    WoahhitshaleyyWoahhitshaleyy Posts: 335 New Member
    edited August 2009
    normal.(: but if i like the sim i'll set it to even longer(:
  • Options
    sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have three different saved games and three different lengths!

One family, the Smiths, is played on Short because I made them interesting looking and basically just love to see how kids and genetics work within that family :)

Another is my Epic family, the Dawsons.. they live beside of Stoney Falls and rely solely on fishing/writing/painting/opportunity for funds!

And then my "Normal" lifepsan family, the Cordells which basically focuses on Lifetime wishes, etc..

I tend to the play the Dawsons and Smiths more..
  • Options
    duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    edited August 2009
    buddychead wrote:
    Tynk wrote:
    if they die before their life ends they have a ghost depending on how they died and you can controll them till they age
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2009
    if they are elder if you use "Tigger Age Transition" after Typing: "TestingCheatsEnabled true" they will die of old age. (Old Grimmy will come and collect them). I play on epic
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ff445ff445 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Long. I needed to get my sim up to the top of her career which is actually going to happen today. But once she gets her final promotion Im making my 2 of my kids age up to teens & my other toddler up to A child. I didnt want them turning into elders while their kids were still young so yesterday I put the aging off but im going to just age the kids up with the cake. Once they are all teen's / YA i will put it the aging back on && the life span back to normal :D

Ive never had a sim die in my games :D
    In sims2 or sims3... I cant do it.
    Even if they die in a fire I dont save. && In sims2 I kept making them drink the ELIXIR OF LIFE.
    Ive actually never played an ELDER sim before. Haha So this is gonna be new :DDDDD
  • Options
    Omicron17Omicron17 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I gots mine set to normal.
    My favorite family, the Chihuahuas, live next to a house of some ghost dude with all sorts of special plants in his garden so they go steal his life fruits when I want to extend their lifespan..
  • Options
    myfirstsimsgamemyfirstsimsgame Posts: 2,479 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I like long and epic. Normal is just too fast.
  • Options
    A4L100A4L100 Posts: 3,520 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have both with aghing off, I'll turn aging back on when my sim starts having kids, but it'll be on epic. One I will have perminantly off because I'm just using that one for a series. :D
  • Options
    sunnybunny00sunnybunny00 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I do normal for like a family or something, but if it is a sims i have a specific goal or some thing i do epic to give me time to do the things i want to do! I might at one point play normal, but for sure not short that is just tooo fast.

I am really glad they gave us the option
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    duck74 wrote:
    buddychead wrote:
    Tynk wrote:
    if they die before their life ends they have a ghost depending on how they died and you can controll them till they age

wow i didnt know that! thats pretty cool, thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Omicron17 wrote:
    I gots mine set to normal.
    My favorite family, the Chihuahuas, live next to a house of some ghost dude with all sorts of special plants in his garden so they go steal his life fruits when I want to extend their lifespan..

i really like that, how did u set that up?
  • Options
    SimXianSimXian Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have mine set to Epic only because this is the first Sims game I've ever played and I wanted to have time to play with it all before I died. I'll probably play future Sims as Normal though.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have it set to normal.
    I want to turn aging off for a week in their YA lives now and then but I get over it if there happens to be toddlers or children in the family. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited August 2009
    I play on epic because I like to play multiple households in the same neighborhood and be involved in a bunch of sim's stories. I age infants up after 1 day because that's what happens to infants in houses not being played and I want to keep neighborhood aging even.

I love playing families with toddlers and children.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    My legacy's on normal, but most of my other games are on epic. One of my sims in one of my epic games had a baby and the infant stage is lasting FOREVER. I'm probably just going to age it up soon, but jeez, babies are babies for like a month.
    I might try the long lifespan next.
  • Options
    DaynaJaydeDaynaJayde Posts: 247 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Normal/Long/Epic.
    Depends on whether I could be bothered most of the time.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have three different saved games and three different lengths!

One family, the Smiths, is played on Short because I made them interesting looking and basically just love to see how kids and genetics work within that family :)

Another is my Epic family, the Dawsons.. they live beside of Stoney Falls and rely solely on fishing/writing/painting/opportunity for funds!

And then my "Normal" lifepsan family, the Cordells which basically focuses on Lifetime wishes, etc..

I tend to the play the Dawsons and Smiths more..

That is an awesome idea!!! I've never thought of that!
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited August 2009
    duck74 wrote:
    buddychead wrote:
    Tynk wrote:

Wow! This is 2 new things I've learned today :D I better stop before I go into overload! haha