Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alternative - but is this legal?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Surreal wrote:
    Now, if you want to argue whether or not that EULA is appropriate or fair, that is an entirely different discussion.

I'd love to see that discussion, but it wont be ME arguing it... Iv'e got no time for WW4. :P

Go on.... I dare ya'. :twisted: :lol:

R47 :)
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited January 2013
    well as far as i know anything i have downloaded from tsr for example has been custom contnet not stuff from the store. i dont think i have seen anything thats from the store on custom content sites
  • Options
    Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited January 2013
    jericho13 wrote:
    Rabid47 wrote:
    A bit OT, here, but anyone have any thoughts on this :

If EA owns all content uploaded to the exchange, why do they allow the creator to identify themselves as the creator ? Surely if EA owns the content then there's no need to know who the creator is ??

My guess is that without the recognition they (rightfully, imo) deserve, most creators wouldnt even bother.

R47 :?:

ps: I would suggest real-time virus/Trojan/Malware protection when surfing a site giving away 'accquired' software. Just my opinion.

They do it to recognize who made it. That's really about it. They aren't required or even obligated to, they just do. Ultimately it means nothing as far as ownership is concerned.

The EULA needs to be changed, but I doubt that that's ever going to happen. Either that, or EA could pay the creator an upload royalty.
    (Thats less likely to happen than the EULA being changed :D )

What do you say, EA?

• Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2013
    A bit off-topic, but I saw a post on The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about Sunset Sims. They've posted links to pirated store and expansion pack content also - they're definitely doing something illegal there. The bloggers at the nest wrote an open letter to a sim guru about it.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    JessicaBPlyrJessicaBPlyr Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2013
    My 2 cents:
    As for Pay sites, I was always under the impression that the "charge" was in the form of a "Donation" which would unlock certain items. I guess the site owners argument is that it costs money to run the site, so if you want that piece from the donations section, then you'd have to donate... Thats just my understanding of it. I could be wrong.
    As for TSR, I've heard the same warnings as everyone else. I did actually download from there quite often a few years ago and have never had an issue myself. I seem to recall that back in the TS2 days there might've been some sort of nasty falling-out between a few Simmers/creators and that is where all the bad-mouthing of TSR came from. Again, I could most certainly be wrong. I'm just imparting what I recall..

Lastly, my take on ones downloading CC from a site that didn't create it when its offered as a "Donation" item, is all a matter of perception. I myself am a creator and would be annoyed if it was my stuff so I don't visit those sites. Completely up to you as its a matter of conscience not law...
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:
    jericho13 wrote:
    Rabid47 wrote:
    A bit OT, here, but anyone have any thoughts on this :

If EA owns all content uploaded to the exchange, why do they allow the creator to identify themselves as the creator ? Surely if EA owns the content then there's no need to know who the creator is ??

My guess is that without the recognition they (rightfully, imo) deserve, most creators wouldnt even bother.

ps: I would suggest real-time virus/Trojan/Malware protection when surfing a site giving away 'accquired' software. Just my opinion.

They do it to recognize who made it. That's really about it. They aren't required or even obligated to, they just do. Ultimately it means nothing as far as ownership is concerned.

The EULA needs to be changed, but I doubt that that's ever going to happen. Either that, or EA could pay the creator an upload royalty.
    (Thats less likely to happen than the EULA being changed :D )

What do you say, EA?

It doesn't need changed. It's their video game.