Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A very weird problem in plan outfit mode.

While dressing up my Sim(s) with outerwear I noticed that whenever I try to remove gloves from her hand they always are back on when I exit the creator. Even if I remove them in the accessories panel and go to update another outfit they manage to find their way back on her hands. I have an outfit with gloves already but it's forcing me to have them on all outfits.

Has anyone seen this in their game and is there a way to stop it from happening? It's driving me nuts.
Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png

Comments

• Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited November 2012
    No, but I have a similar problem: whenever I apply makeup to a sim, and then move on to edit their clothing, the eyeshadow always defaults to the zombie eyeshadow in dark purple. Used to, I could just manually select the makeup for each outfit. but, now, whenever I switch from one outfit to the next, the eyeshadow always defaults back to purple zombie-eyes. The only way around it is to not use makeup at all. It's driving me crazy!
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,243 Member
    edited November 2012
    No, but I have a similar problem: whenever I apply makeup to a sim, and then move on to edit their clothing, the eyeshadow always defaults to the zombie eyeshadow in dark purple. Used to, I could just manually select the makeup for each outfit. but, now, whenever I switch from one outfit to the next, the eyeshadow always defaults back to purple zombie-eyes. The only way around it is to not use makeup at all. It's driving me crazy!

Funny how this goes you aren't having my issue but have one of your own, just like I am not having your issue but have one of mine. Here's hoping someone can help both of us.

I'll bump this for good measure, as I'm sure either someone has seen this/these issue(s) this or could offer assistance.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2012
    Have a similar problem, but not with gloves/Seasons; when I was planning outfits for Supernatural, I had one outfit for my werewolf to change into that didn't have the Sim wearing his glasses (I'd turned Liam O'Dourke into a werewolf, just for fun). But when I changed Liam into his werewolf outfit after he transformed, the glasses were still there. Just a mild frustration. (I've since lost access to that save, or I may have -- I'll have to try again once I get my game working again.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the zombie makeup problem too and it's really bothering me.
    I didn't have the problem with Supernatural, it's only been happening since I added Seasons.
    No matter how many times I make sure the makeup is locked, it always reverts back to zombie eye shadow. I can fix it in CAS or with the mirror, then as soon as she changes clothes (wakes up/showers/work or for any reason really) all the outfits revert back to having zombie makeup. :evil:

I also have a mail box issue. The mail person comes and puts a box in, like a gift box or some kind of delivery. The flag goes up like it's full, but the mail box is un-clickable. There's not 'get the mail' option, even though the flag is up and I just saw the mail person put something in there. :?

I would love a fix! If anyone has any ideas, it would be great!

I have an idea for EA, maybe put check mark boxes next to all the CAS items. So, if you don't want it showing up on random sims in town when they age up you could check it then it wouldn't show up at all. It would stop the problem of people randomly aging up into New Years hats or the bride of Frankenstein wig.

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited November 2012
    my problem with outfits which some say has been around a while is every time i use the dresser i first delete all the lab outfits that they wear for the potions table . I normally have six or seven all the same classified as career outfits .
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited November 2012
    Have a similar problem, but not with gloves/Seasons; when I was planning outfits for Supernatural, I had one outfit for my werewolf to change into that didn't have the Sim wearing his glasses (I'd turned Liam O'Dourke into a werewolf, just for fun). But when I changed Liam into his werewolf outfit after he transformed, the glasses were still there. Just a mild frustration. (I've since lost access to that save, or I may have -- I'll have to try again once I get my game working again.)

I have the werewolf/glasses thing going on with a different sim in my game as well! I think I may be having the gloves thing too, but haven't been paying proper attention as I don't do many activities that require outerwear. Haven't noticed any issues with zombie make-up.

One of the weird glitches I've had since installing seasons is that sims will walk out a door, than walk backwards through that same door, than teleport out of the door back outside and then turn around like they are doing the hokey pokey dance and then kind of stand there for a couple of sim minutes like they are stuck before finally going about their business. It's getting really annoying. I don't think it's the doors or anything because they are doing it on all lots with a number of different doors...
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited November 2012
    Oh! Another outfit issue I've been having since Seasons is that after someone graduates and gets a job, their default career outfit is their graduation robes no matter what career they go into! Not cool.
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    reinmagreinmag Posts: 684 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't know about the gloves, but for make up issues, click the little lock open and then closed again.
  • Options
    lindsay1994123lindsay1994123 Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2012
    Im having the gloves issue too

I dont want my sims wearing gloves in fall
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited December 2012
    Im having the gloves issue too

I dont want my sims wearing gloves in fall
    If you have a little padlock up top, then open it to have only gloves with that outfit.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm having the zombie makeup problem too and it's really bothering me.
    I didn't have the problem with Supernatural, it's only been happening since I added Seasons.
    No matter how many times I make sure the makeup is locked, it always reverts back to zombie eye shadow. I can fix it in CAS or with the mirror, then as soon as she changes clothes (wakes up/showers/work or for any reason really) all the outfits revert back to having zombie makeup.

I'm having this same issue and it's really annoying! I wish this can be fixed, though sometimes when I move the entire household out of their home and then move them back in, sometimes this fixes the issues, not all the time though, or if I just move them to another house, in a different street, this usually fixes the issue, strange though, anyways hoping EA fixes this in another patch! :)

• Options
    anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited December 2012
    I do un-click and click the lock on the makeups. It's LOCKED into the makeup I want, then it just changes to zombie makeup on it's own in game. No matter what I do, or how many times I fix it, the makeup reverts to zombie in game. It's really frustrating. :x

I'll try the moving to a different house. I just don't like the idea of having to move them, when they are working to get the money to build up the house they already live in.
  • Options
    SAMBEANER1SAMBEANER1 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Has the zombie make-up problem been fixed for anyone? I've been having it for awhile now.
  • Options
    RamsbeeRamsbee Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    I have the zombie make up to, the purpleish color, it is really annoying after a while and gets old, you try switching outfits and it does it, you gotta run all the way to a mirror to fix it, even whilest locking it for all outfits
  • Options
    harobed77harobed77 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm having the same zombie makeup issue. I've tried locking, unlocking and re-locking the makeup. I've moved them to a new house. I even moved my family to a different town and then changed her makeup. Nothing seems to work. It doesn't just happen when I use a mirror, it happens with the makeover station and in CAS when I'm making a new Sim. :( I played for a while with Seasons without this bug. It started last week when I uninstalled and re-installed my game without any CC. I hope they fix this with the next update. It is seriously annoying!
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited January 2013
    For thoe who have the Zombie makeup bug (possibly the glove bug too) are your sims self-employed?

Whenever they're self employed it tends to generate an outfit that looks similar to their default but has different bits added, it's a default outfit and cannot be edited and they have a tendency to change into it a lot, but if you create a new alternate career outfit (which can be edited) they'll change into that instead.

Otherwise, try unlocking, changing makeup and then relocking to see if that does anything.
    raw
  • Options
    DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I have all of these issues, makeup, gloves, etc. Although now with 70s,80s,90s they now have the KISS Paul Stanley star makeup that pops up. If I lock the makeup for all outfits it doesn't work. If I unlock it and do each outfits makeup separate it looks right in the mirror but then when they change outfits it defaults back to the KISS star.
  • Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited February 2013

I had this problem before my game gave up in CAS etc completely and now I'm stuck till I get a patch which is taking agessss!
    However I found it was only ONE specific eye-shadow that made it default to the zombie one, try using a different one and see if it still does this.
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't know if it's a bug, but it annoys the heck out of me that you have to fix the outerwear after you age up from YA to A.

I usually make a fall outerwear outfit and a winter one and it deletes one of them with the age up. Maddening!
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    Moriaelini9Moriaelini9 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I am having this zombie makeup issue in the CAS while I am making my sim. It seems to want to lock me into this zombie makeup mode no matter if I lock or unlock the makeup....it is very frustrating and was not happening prior to me installing Seasons. I also run my game mod free.

Until there is a fix, I have decided that she has a secret **** problem and am leaving it at that. It could be worse I suppose, she could be stuck with clown paint...
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited February 2013
    I had the zombie eye shadow bug or whatever would call it in CAS just yesterday. The deal where everytime I'd go from one outfit to the next and back the eye shadow would revert back to the zombie.

What seemed to work for me is unlocking the for all outfits option on the make up. Trying keeping the makeup unlocked and manually setting make up for each outfit. See if that works.
  • Options
    bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the zombie makeup problem too. I don't have Seasons yet.

I lock, then unlock, then re-lock and tried a dozen other things and it still happens. (I've been creating brand new sims (young adult and teens) before playing so this is straight out of CAH).

I think I've got it all fixed in CAH and then I enter the game and it reverts back to the dreaded zombie look.(this is before the sims get jobs. The very moment the game starts the makeup switches) ARGh!

The only way I can fix it is to re-enter CAH by using the cheat while I'm in the game. Then it works and the zombie make up doesn't come back.
  • Options
    Jasalia999Jasalia999 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2013

I think I have a rough idea of the zombie eyeshadow glitch. The game might get confused and forget what eyeshadow you had, so it just chooses the first one, the dark zombie eyeshadow. Maybe there is a small glitch in the coding.
  • Options
    noremac546456noremac546456 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    There is a mod that fixes this problem.
  • Options
    ShipwrekXoShipwrekXo Posts: 1 New Member
    So off topic but I need Someone help so recently I just started playing my sims 4 again it did all the updates and everything been working fine. Well I wanted to change my sim like completely change her so I pressed the dresser and pressed change sim it loads to a new screen we’re u can change everything well my sim never loads I can hear them talk but I can’t see them what do i do it’s really annoying thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top