Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Setting a Sim's Sexual Orientation

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited January 2013
    man i don like no one man am an nonsexual or asexual or wahtever man its the best thing to be
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited January 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Are there labels for people who are only attracted to a certain colour or nationality?

I don't think there is one other than racist. Though it really isn't one's fault in this case.

I am caucasian. I find those of African, Indian and Middle Eastern descent very beautiful and attractive. I assure you, I am NOT racist.
    Only attracted to a certain colour or race. You said I find those of African, Indian..... Of course you are not racist!
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm white and I prefer black guys, but I've dated a few white guys too.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Don't you just love CC hair and skin?
  • Options
    xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited January 2013
    KayO199X wrote:
    I think in real life, sexual orientation demographics look like this...

1 in every 10 men is gay
    1 in every 30 women is a lesbian
    1 in every 50 women is bisexual
    1 in every 70 men is bisexual

Source? This does not seem to be to factual.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited January 2013
    KayO199X wrote:

1 in every 10 men is gay

It was posted over 2 years ago. I doubt they are even on the site anymore.
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I think there are way more bi than gay guys, at least from my experience.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited January 2013
    @Pretoda
    Am I the only one who noticed this thread is three years old. :shock:

And? So topics have a shelf life? And we are forbidden to post something in them ever?

I have books that I love reading. I rarely read something once and that's it. Done! There's too much demand for new every day. :(

On topic, I think this a fabulous subject and very interesting.

I would like the option for Sims to be emotionally attracted to other Sims. So they help them, listen to them and that shapes who they're attracted to.

I would not like to see a 'Straight' or 'Gay' button in CAS. That's labelling. I would prefer their choices defined them, just like it does in real life. 8)

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited January 2013
    Being attracted to someone of a diferent race to you can be rooted in unattractive stereotypes, actually...

Anyway, I do kind of get where the OP was coming from...3 years ago...but I do like the flexibility of the current system. It makes for better, more spontaneous gameplay a lot of the time. I wouldn't want a gender-preference system that couldn't be altered as you go along, I don't think.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Are there labels for people who are only attracted to a certain colour or nationality?

I don't think there is one other than racist. Though it really isn't one's fault in this case.

I am caucasian. I find those of African, Indian and Middle Eastern descent very beautiful and attractive. I assure you, I am NOT racist.
    Only attracted to a certain colour or race. You said I find those of African, Indian..... Of course you are not racist!

Every single person on this planet has a preference. Unless you turn your preference into something ugly and belittle another race, that does not make you racist for saying you prefer one race over the other. It's just a biological function and response to have a preference based on certain physical characteristics. :roll: :wink:
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I definitely like this, especially if we leave the default setting at it's current 'anything-goes' bisexual setting for those who wouldn't care for this feature. I have a gay sim who is currently hitting on only women, and a bisexual one who's hitting on only men, and a straight one who's hitting only on other women. It's driving me crazy!
  • Options
    piccprincesspiccprincess Posts: 650 Member
    edited January 2013
    DID YOU KNOW:

Each Sims save will not implement same sex couples until you have an active sim that engages in that couple.
  • Options
    xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited January 2013
    KayO199X wrote:

1 in every 10 men is gay

It was posted over 2 years ago. I doubt they are even on the site anymore.

Whoops, did not notice that ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    danivixen wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Icy_Lava wrote:

Every single person on this planet has a preference. Unless you turn your preference into something ugly and belittle another race, that does not make you racist for saying you prefer one race over the other. It's just a biological function and response to have a preference based on certain physical characteristics. :roll: :wink:

I didn't mean it like that! "Though it really isn't one's fault...." :roll: :wink: :roll: :?