Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need in help. Rirow plagiarized Bangsain's house.

Comments

• Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited January 2013
    Report and move on. There is no much else you can do.

As for people who do this more than once, I think the mods have a system where they only get a certain number of strikes, then a ban or suspend.
  • Options
    ThatOneWhovianThatOneWhovian Posts: 136 New Member
    edited January 2013
    People are too lazy to just create something themselves...smh. I'd recommend going to the person that stole it and kindly asking them to remove it. If they refuse then just continue to report I guess. I had an old account on here and this one girl stole 2 of my sims, I asked her to remove them and she did. That's probably the best way to go about it.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:
    JCsS1MS wrote:
    Kryst51 wrote:
    Your fine, people report this on here all the time. I think that is all you can really do. Oh, and at the bottom of the plagiarized lot on the exchange is a "Report Item" button or something like it. Click that and see what you get.

The thing is people shouldn't report it on here. This should be taken to the gurus and other TS3 employees in a private manner.

I disagree. Fakers should be exposed and publicly humiliated. From what I could see, riowr stole these from the Mediafire site before uploading to the exchange as his own work. Thats not plagiarism, that's outright theft.

R47 8)

Riowr is not a faker or a thief. He/she is totally operating within the EULA and is within his/her right to re-upload whatever he/she sees as fit, since the item uploaded belongs in its entirety to EA.

The person originally responsible for the builds is the one operating outside the EULA by uploading to mediafire and claiming property not belonging to him/her as his/hers own.

Once more, an item you build in TS3 is only 'yours' for as long as you keep it local. And even then it still is the property of EA.

Note that anyone of us able to post here have told EA that they've read and are aware and understanding of the EULA. Whether or not the EULA while hold in court if someone had time and money enough to file an explorative law-suit is another matter. Right now, a good deal of us on here are jiffy with the EULA since '09.
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited January 2013
    Kryst51 wrote:
    JCsS1MS wrote:
    Kryst51 wrote:
    Your fine, people report this on here all the time. I think that is all you can really do. Oh, and at the bottom of the plagiarized lot on the exchange is a "Report Item" button or something like it. Click that and see what you get.

The thing is people shouldn't report it on here. This should be taken to the gurus and other TS3 employees in a private matter.

This is how you take something to the gurus.... By posting on the forum. :)

You are definitely right on that aspect. And they are not wrong for posting that their builds were stolen. I agree with the OP. If something I WORKED so hard in creating was stolen the first thing I would do is report them then post in the forums to bring attention to it. Its the best thing to because in my own opinion of course, the more attention you bring to something the more chances for action to be taken on the situation. I hope you get justice.
  • Options
    DomangcopDomangcop Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    It's All done! EA prevent riorw's page.

riorw apologize to her and deletes all houses that he stole.

so we do not need any argument! no more

additionally Bangsain will upload all of her contents on my page

so it's not gonna happen again.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited January 2013
    myskyring wrote:
    I do not speak English.
    Is all about ... thank
    ggoyam, she helped me there is no way to solve.
    Ago, on the official website used to house Exchange.
    See my studio.
    To upload, errors were common.
    So I did not upload.
    But hard to house personal blog.
    riorw, he was my house, download and modify them, and upload.
    Wrote a message on his page.
    Stole my house, I said.
    However, it has not been resolved.

I asked for help to her.
    She is not a third party.
    We made ​​to the World.
    We are a team.

Is very unpleasant.
    Due to the low user, my effort was a mess.
    Shut off my blog in order to prevent other damage.
    Also created a new house, I will not be uploaded.

Because of one person, a house with a lot of people will not be shared.
    Four house because he had freely upload, 100 houses were buried.
    The new house, I decided to not upload.

Really angry.

Still writes Google Translator
    I can only Korean because

You said it yourself, that they modified it and uploaded it. In other words, not against the rules.... I know it stinks but theres not really anything you can do except report it..... If they just downloaded then reuploaded the house as their own its one thing but since they edited it its technically "theirs" now.

I don't really think its right to publically call out this person, yes they did something morally wrong but thats why theres customer service, live chat, and gurus (you can post on their wall).. theres nothing anyone here can do except bash this person even more (and report it I guess, but how far does that ever get anyone?)

Sorry to be so harsh, but when you upload anything to the internet anyone can use it and claim it as their own. Doesn't make it right, but its the truth. And it states in the EULA that EA owns anything uploaded to this site.. Maybe try setting your profile to private so only your friends can see your studio?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:
    JCsS1MS wrote:
    Kryst51 wrote:

The thing is people shouldn't report it on here. This should be taken to the gurus and other TS3 employees in a private manner.

I disagree. Fakers should be exposed and publicly humiliated. From what I could see, riowr stole these from the Mediafire site before uploading to the exchange as his own work. Thats not plagiarism, that's outright theft.

R47 8)

Riowr is not a faker or a thief. He/she is totally operating within the EULA and is within his/her right to re-upload whatever he/she sees as fit, since the item uploaded belongs in its entirety to EA.

The person originally responsible for the builds is the one operating outside the EULA by uploading to mediafire and claiming property not belonging to him/her as his/hers own.

Once more, an item you build in TS3 is only 'yours' for as long as you keep it local. And even then it still is the property of EA.

Note that anyone of us able to post here have told EA that they've read and are aware and understanding of the EULA. Whether or not the EULA while hold in court if someone had time and money enough to file an explorative law-suit is another matter. Right now, a good deal of us on here are jiffy with the EULA since '09.

Surely the question here is not who the file belongs to once it's uploaded, but who the original builder was. It obviously was'nt riorw, as the files include at least 3 expansion packs worth of CC, while riorw only has the base game. It would be a bit difficult to include stuff from EPs that you don't own. Could you define keeping files 'local' ? The original builder uploaded the files to their own Mediafire blog page. They couldnt upload to the Exchange due to site malfunctions. Somebody (riowr) went to the Mediafire blog page, stole the files, and uploaded them the the Exchange as his own work. He did'nt 're-upload'. If he's looking for some kind of recognition for the achievement, all I can say is 'Nice Steal... you must be very proud of yourself'. So its not really a question of being jiffy with the EULA since 2009, it's more a question of morality. Personally, I admire someone who has the skills to build their own houses, etc.... the ability to steal someones files is not worthy of a 'pat on the back', imo.

R47 8)
  • Options
    riorwriorw Posts: 10
    edited January 2013
    BIG APOLOGIZE TO myskyring & friends! :oops: :cry:
    So I'll never use my account forever! because I felt really guilty that I had uploaded the Bangsain's house (edited by me) without a permission! :cry::-( :cry::cry::cry: :oops: :oops:
    So I've already DELETED ALL the Bangsain's (the edited version) and all MY OWN HOUSES from my studio. Hope that's made you happy :wink: :roll:

SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! :cry::cry::cry: :oops:
    I PROMISE TO GOD AND MYSELF THAT I'll NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!! :cry::cry::cry:
    Peace! xx :?
    - DAMIEN - :wink::wink:
  • Options
    WernardoWernardo Posts: 824 New Member
    edited January 2013
    riorw wrote:
    So I'll never use my account forever! because I felt really guilty that I had uploaded the Bangsain's house (edited by me) without a permission! :cry::-( :cry::cry::cry: :oops: :oops:
    So I've already DELETED ALL the Bangsain's (the edited version) and all MY OWN HOUSES from my studio. Hope that's made you happy :wink: :roll:

Why did you delete your own houses too??? Still, don't feel too bad, I'm sure they'll forgive and forget!!!
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    *u* But what a lovely house it is...

Boo to the thief!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Domangcop wrote:
    It's All done! EA prevent riorw's page.

riorw apologize to her and deletes all houses that he stole.

so we do not need any argument! no more

additionally Bangsain will upload all of her contents on my page

so it's not gonna happen again.

Good looking out ! :thumbup:

R47 :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    riorw wrote:

See, this is why people shouldn't be so quick to jump on them...... who knows how sincere this is, but it seems to me like nobody really asked them to take the houses off before they went and made a thread bashing the person for it. Stealing houses isn't right, but publically humiliating (even after they take the houses off their page!!!) them is a whole other level of low.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    susazsusaz Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2013
    See, this is why people shouldn't be so quick to jump on them...... who knows how sincere this is, but it seems to me like nobody really asked them to take the houses off before they went and made a thread bashing the person for it. Stealing houses isn't right, but publically humiliating (even after they take the houses off their page!!!) them is a whole other level of low.
    I told him back in October that he's not supposed to re-upload them. Making a thread was a good decision, because usually nothing happens even if there are a lot of people reporting the content. If the issue gets a lot of attention, EA is more likely to do something.

"Publically humiliating is a whole another level of low" ?? They were just telling what he has done himself. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what the thread starter did. Trying to protect the guilty one is so silly to me. If you do something wrong like this, then you have to take the consequences.

Anyway, riorw's apology is appreciated by me! : )
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:
    Rabid47 wrote:
    JCsS1MS wrote:
    Kryst51 wrote:

R47 8)

Surely the question here is not who the file belongs to once it's uploaded, but who the original builder was. It obviously was'nt riorw, as the files include at least 3 expansion packs worth of CC, while riorw only has the base game. It would be a bit difficult to include stuff from EPs that you don't own. Could you define keeping files 'local' ? The original builder uploaded the files to their own Mediafire blog page. They couldnt upload to the Exchange due to site malfunctions. Somebody (riowr) went to the Mediafire blog page, stole the files, and uploaded them the the Exchange as his own work. He did'nt 're-upload'. If he's looking for some kind of recognition for the achievement, all I can say is 'Nice Steal... you must be very proud of yourself'. So its not really a question of being jiffy with the EULA since 2009, it's more a question of morality. Personally, I admire someone who has the skills to build their own houses, etc.... the ability to steal someones files is not worthy of a 'pat on the back', imo.

R47 8)

It doesn't matter how many EP someone has; The EULA includes all.
    'local' means that the file is on your PC only. No definition needed, me thinks, it's common jargon.
    Once you export your file away from your PC, it isn't local anymore.

It doesn't matter that he is the 'original builder'. The result belongs to EA and he can stake no claim to anything that happens to anything he uploads.

Another thing... if I upload a simple recolor of a basegame bracelet, I get upwards of 500 downloads on it. With that in mind, the drama in this thread is out of proportion.

Riowr is well within his right to re-upload anything he downloads, because the item does not belong to him nor the person who created it. The item quite simply belongs to EA.

Your only defense is either to not upload, or to reject the EULA and uninstall your game.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:
    Rabid47 wrote:
    JCsS1MS wrote:
    Kryst51 wrote:

R47 8)

R47 8)

It doesn't matter how many EP someone has; The EULA includes all.
    'local' means that the file is on your PC only. No definition needed, me thinks, it's common jargon.
    Once you export your file away from your PC, it isn't local anymore.

It doesn't matter that he is the 'original builder'. The result belongs to EA and he can stake no claim to anything that happens to anything he uploads.

Another thing... if I upload a simple recolor of a basegame bracelet, I get upwards of 500 downloads on it. With that in mind, the drama in this thread is out of proportion.

Riowr is well within his right to re-upload anything he downloads, because the item does not belong to him nor the person who created it. The item quite simply belongs to EA.

Your only defense is either to not upload, or to reject the EULA and uninstall your game.

Just to clarify, again....... the original builder did'nt upload to the exchange.... riorwr did'nt 're-upload'. He took the files from the Mediafire account and uploaded to the exchange as his own work. Hope you can understand.

R47 :?:

ps: What drama ? Apart from the attempts at policing, I think this thread has been remarkably un-dramatic... did I miss something ?

pps: Personally, I find threads of this type serve two very useful purposes :

1. People might be discouraged from stealing other peoples work and posting as their own if they're aware of the backlash they're going to get, if and when they're caught out.

2. More builders might post more creations if they know they're going to get the respect due to them for their hard work. An acknowledgement to the original builder is the simplest part of a re-color/re-build.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    this was solved a while ago. let this thread die, kids.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:
    Just to clarify, again....... the original builder did'nt upload to the exchange.... riorwr did'nt 're-upload'. He took the files from the Mediafire account and uploaded to the exchange as his own work. Hope you can understand.

R47

You're missing the point. The item belongs to EA, not to the uploader or the re-uploader.
    EA can take the item, do absolutely nothing with it and use it in it's entirety in one of their new worlds, without owning anybody anything.

The very game doesn't even belong to you, digitally or physically, you buy the license to use the software.

That's why the whole discussion of ownership of an item in this situation is moot. Trying to work around the EULA by uploading elsewhere also doesn't work, because the item belongs to EA. It doesn't become somehow magically yours.

People who create stuff in TS3 are unpayed EA-employees, in a manner of speaking. It's thankless job.
  • Options
    jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited January 2013
    lol
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited January 2013
    StellaLee wrote:
    I'm seriously upset because Bangsain saids she will gonna shutdown her blog, If he doesn't apologize to her

That seems quite a drastic thing to do just because someone stole something you don't really own. I find these threads hilarious and usually read them to see all the silly outrage and futile foot stomping over S3 creations. Yes, it's annoying to have someone claim your creations, but there's not really much you can do. In fact, you don't really own them, EA does.

However, to come here and ask us to judge something going on outside the S3 website actually crosses a line. In fact, if you think about it...this could just be a publicity stunt for someone to try and get downloads/recs here and to drive traffic to an unknown blog.

Anyway, folks, keep up your squabbling--it's highly entertaining!
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited January 2013
    Enyu wrote:

I get the aspect that if a person does something wrong, they do actually deserve the humiliation. It is very obvious that riorw stole, right?

IS it actually obvious? Or maybe there's another blog where they were originally stolen from. We can't actually know and that's one reason these threads are so terrible and are usually deleted.

You can't just go around accusing someone, calling them out in the forum, and expect it to be OK. It's not.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    KatzMeowz wrote:
    StellaLee wrote:
    I'm seriously upset because Bangsain saids she will gonna shutdown her blog, If he doesn't apologize to her

That seems quite a drastic thing to do just because someone stole something you don't really own. I find these threads hilarious and usually read them to see all the silly outrage and futile foot stomping over S3 creations. Yes, it's annoying to have someone claim your creations, but there's not really much you can do. In fact, you don't really own them, EA does.

However, to come here and ask us to judge something going on outside the S3 website actually crosses a line. In fact, if you think about it...this could just be a publicity stunt for someone to try and get downloads/recs here and to drive traffic to an unknown blog.

Amen! :lol:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    KatzMeowz wrote:
    StellaLee wrote:

No religion on the Forum, please. :x

:lol::lol::lol: (sorry, brooke... u ok !) :thumbup:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:
    KatzMeowz wrote:
    StellaLee wrote:

Rabid, you suck.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:
    KatzMeowz wrote:
    StellaLee wrote:

Rabid, you suck.

And you've been reported for harassment. Maybe you should accept the fact that some peoples sense of humour differs from yours, and take the trouble to interpret posts in the spirit they was intended. AS A JOKE... hence the smilies. GOT THE PICTURE ?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Rabid47 wrote:

And you've been reported for harassment.
    You are reported for harrassing and bullying brookesayswhatx.