Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love Tanzanite! It made me very rich :D

Hi! :D I wanted to share with everyone what I discovered with Tanzanite apart from been used to make the Fountain of Youth potion. I have a new game, and as usual started out with one sim.

I then set her out to find a partner, which she did and got him to move in. I had no werewolf at the time and set both out to find gems all over Moonlight falls. They were very successful and my witch set out to use the gem cutting machine. At the time the Alchemy was too low to make The Fountain of Youth, so lots of gems were cut.

I wasn't using the cheats either and my sims were flat broke, living in a small cabin, their jobs were not paying well, so after some gardening and making basic elixers I took them to the Elixer store and when i consign items, to my surprise there was a cut Tanzanite gem worth 1.2 million simoleons!! I had two cut so i consigned them and within a sim day they were multi sim-millionares! I didnt have to cheat and didnt have to sell items but sell these two gems! :D

This is the precious and rare stone that makes you VERY wealthy and young again.
screenshot_original.jpg
This unassuming gem made my sims the wealthiest in town just by going out and finding it and then cutting it. I was so happy I built them a house worth around 300,000 simoleons and moved them in there :D And the game was still very new so had a huge head start when it came to, well, anything I got my sims to do :D
screenshot_original.jpg

So I guess I'm trying to say, if you want to get rich quick, get the Tanzanite and cut then sell it. Also the diamond is worth over 20,000 simoleons cut so that's another one to look out for. :D hope this helps anyone who has constant cash flow problems for their sims. I know you can damage property for insurance but this is better knowing you are making cash through the store :D
FEvr1sR.gif

Comments

• Options
    hollypartylinerhollypartyliner Posts: 46
    edited January 2013
    i sold one for 150 simoleans... not sure what shape you put them in to get them worth millions?:
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited January 2013
    Never happens with my sims. I find tanzanite all the time and even with the heart cut, it's never over triple digits. :) But it doesn't really matter because my sims are all independently wealthy to begin with. ;) I have to work for a living, I don't want to play that way, too. :D
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yeh my sims work too. This was the witches doing, he was cutting gems and tbh i dont even know how many he cut to make that much. It was by chance after he was cutting gems and there was this gem cut for 1.2million. From what i can remember it was a cut as a precious gem, and tbh i have no idea why it became so expensive. I also got my fairy to cut Tanzanite as well and she came up with a gem worth the same amount. But it doesn't matter now, I lost that game due to corrupt readme files so had to start new.

I am seeing if the same thing happens in my new game, so Im playing around with the stone cutter machine now, just to see what cuts produces the most. So far the most expensive they have cut is around 3000 simoleons.

I just wanted to share that with anyone if their sims are struggling in the early stages the gems if you find them can be valuable. Im not talking about a unemployed rich family, somehow they struck it rich without having to use the cheats and even though there was 5 working sims, it was still a welcome boost and able to build the desired house and move them straight away.

Was like winning the lottery :D

FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh, I use cheats to make my sims independently wealthy. :) Now, if only I could motherlode myself a bunch of money. ;)
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited January 2013
    Do you use mods at all? I wonder if something in a mod is making that happen. I have never been able to get a tanzanite over a about $150. The largest I have been able to make off gems has been the tiberium you get in WA. Once you cut those and grow them into large gems you can sell them from your inventory for about $40k each, but if you sell them through the consignment shop they are about $60-70k each. The cool thing about those is that the gem dust can be grown into large spire cut gems, so cutting one gem can make a few hundred grand if you get a few piles of gem dust from it.

But I've never been able to get anything worth so much! Congrats on that. :)
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited January 2013
    No I don't use mods at all, and I have been trying to get that same value in my new game, but im not sure what they did to make it so valuable :shock:

I have been busy cutting and only coming up with around 3000 now, so I'm going to use all the cuts and see where this value came about. Im more curious now than anything, and I just realised that my other game is very advanced and at least 3 of those sims have lots of gems, so im going to go into that game and go for it and see what happens. :-)

I wish i did have mods and stuff cause then it would explain the market value of those gems, but it seems that they (now deceased :cry: ) just got lucky, but it happened to my fairy sim and witch sim so maybe they have some sort of way?

I will post a picture of the cut gem with that value as soon as i find out which one it is. :wink:

FEvr1sR.gif