Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plantsims

Okay, so I guess we can establish that Plantsims are the new life state in UL. but since I didn't play the PC version of Sims 2, I thought i'd google what they were like and found out that they were... how do you say this... kinda boring. :?

Do you think that they'll do the same things they did with aliens and make Plantsims more interestings with brand new features and whatnont?

Comments

• Options
    krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ooh, plant sims are coming back? If they do, I agree that they need to me made more interesting. They should naturally be vegetarians and have the green thumb trait. But, then maybe they could have some interesting abilities or unique skills, like the ability to create seeds/fruits/vegetables without growing them in soil. Maybe instead of babies, they just produce, well, produce.

What else would make them interesting?
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    Okay, so I guess we can establish that Plantsims are the new life state in UL. but since I didn't play the PC version of Sims 2, I thought i'd google what they were like and found out that they were... how do you say this... kinda boring. :?

Do you think that they'll do the same things they did with aliens and make Plantsims more interestings with brand new features and whatnont?

If we get them in TS3 University life, they will probably be improved like aliens. :)
  • Options
    EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited January 2013
    We can not say plantsims are in university yet.

If they are though yes I believe they would be greatly improved on similar to aliens.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited January 2013
    In Sims 2, many lifestates weren't as in depth as they are in the Sims 3. Honestly, the only ability Plantsims need, in my book, is the spore baby. If they don't deliver on that, if it is Plantsims, there's a high chance I will largely ignore them, like SimBots. For me, all other abilities would just be extras.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm not really sure what they could do to improve the plantsim that isn't already possible to do with other creatures. I don't really play faries but from what I've heard, they can do magical things for/with plantlife already.
    With this new hair, the skin tone colors we got with SN as well as what we can already do with plants, I'm really not looking forward to plantsims. They were boring in TS2 and I have a feeling they'll be equally as useless in TS3 although I hope I'm proven wrong.

Although, what makes everyone so sure they'd be plantsims, and not plantmonsters or something more diabolical? If this is like a genetic engineering experiment gone wrong on a plant and it comes to life, maybe it'll want to take over the world or be more like the mummy, cursing sims and wrecking havoc. Seriously I'm just tired of the pansy magical sims...I'd love a variety.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm not really sure what they could do to improve the plantsim that isn't already possible to do with other creatures. I don't really play faries but from what I've heard, they can do magical things for/with plantlife already.
    With this new hair, the skin tone colors we got with SN as well as what we can already do with plants, I'm really not looking forward to plantsims. They were boring in TS2 and I have a feeling they'll be equally as useless in TS3 although I hope I'm proven wrong.

Although, what makes everyone so sure they'd be plantsims, and not plantmonsters or something more diabolical? If this is like a genetic engineering experiment gone wrong on a plant and it comes to life, maybe it'll want to take over the world or be more like the mummy, cursing sims and wrecking havoc. Seriously I'm just tired of the pansy magical sims...I'd love a variety.

Well we already have the Cow Plant from the Store, (which was never a life state and never will be), and the point of life states is that they are "special" and "different" Sims. Sims.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited January 2013

Well we already have the Cow Plant from the Store, (which was never a life state and never will be), and the point of life states is that they are "special" and "different" Sims. Sims.

But the unicorn wasn't necessarily a sim, but it was the creature for Pets.

I just don't want a green sim that talks to plants and helps them grow.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Pets are sims in TS3 too. You can play as them. :wink:

As gardening is my favorite skill in TS3. Creature that will help with gardening is always a welcome.

• Options
    SupahSilvSupahSilv Posts: 72 New Member
    edited January 2013
    We have fairies for gardening, don't we? Unless one doesn't have Supernatural, of course. If someone already had access to fairies it does make having PlantSims a little pointless. Regardless, a new life state is always welcome in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    SupahSilv wrote:
    We have fairies for gardening, don't we? Unless one doesn't have Supernatural, of course. If someone already had access to fairies it does make having PlantSims a little pointless. Regardless, a new life state is always welcome in my opinion.

Fairies could use bloom. That was more or less it. And bloom only really accelerated the growth of plants. Plantsims might be able to directly increase the quality of the plant or produce random seeds, or improve the seeds by turning it into something more valuable, like life fruit seed or a death plant seed.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    SupahSilv wrote:

Not really. We already have 3 occult types connected with death, Ghosts, Mummies, Vampires and Zombies. :wink:

3 creatures connected with magic, Genies, Witches and Fairies.

Yes Fairies love gardening like Plantsims, but they are totally different creatures with different motives,needs and powers. :wink:

So they would not be pointless to me. And really occults are the sims that have at least one trait, power unique to them.

Reproduction by spores and needs like light, water and love is something that neither occult in TS3 has. :)
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2013
    In Sims 2, many lifestates weren't as in depth as they are in the Sims 3. Honestly, the only ability Plantsims need, in my book, is the spore baby. If they don't deliver on that, if it is Plantsims, there's a high chance I will largely ignore them, like SimBots. For me, all other abilities would just be extras.
    Agreed entirely. The spore babies were the most interesting aspect of plantsims (though there wasn't really much else to see.) Still, they were an interesting life state from TS2 Seasons and they are definitely open to a world of improvement with TS3. :-)

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh and as well as spore babies, add some more variation. The only one hairstyle and clothing annoyed me to no end in TS2. Just two or three would do really, especially if we could colour them. But because Plantsims in TS2 would merge the genetics with the "Perfect Plantsim", eventually, all Plantsims would look EXACTLY the same. I'm fine with this usually, I know all my TS2 Sims had more or less the same face, but Plantsims looked worse because they all had the same clothes, hair and face.
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited January 2013
    There is no solid evidence that plant sims are the life state for UL. That said, I really hope that plant sims are the new life state.
  • Options
    BethanyelizabethBethanyelizabeth Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2013
    I like the plant sims I thought the palnt babys were adorable :)
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm just hoping they give some really awesome powers, because fairies are already pretty nature centered, so if they give us plant sims I want them to have like complete control of plants and just have awesome stuff for them.
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited January 2013
    Aquias wrote:
    There is no solid evidence that plant sims are the life state for UL. That said, I really hope that plant sims are the new life state.
    Perhaps no official confirmation, but there is evidence.
    Look at this screenshot from the live demo. It appears to be male plantsim hair.
    8380926679_0613ca9043_n.jpg
    11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh and as well as spore babies, add some more variation. The only one hairstyle and clothing annoyed me to no end in TS2. Just two or three would do really, especially if we could colour them. But because Plantsims in TS2 would merge the genetics with the "Perfect Plantsim", eventually, all Plantsims would look EXACTLY the same. I'm fine with this usually, I know all my TS2 Sims had more or less the same face, but Plantsims looked worse because they all had the same clothes, hair and face.

Maybe we will be able to change color of their hair.
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited January 2013

Yes, but that was an EP that centered around the pets. Considering their long-term goal of including werewolves in Supernatural, it only makes sense to me that the lifestate for a pet-themed expansion should be, well, a pet.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yay! Plantsims :)

600x600x75x0.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yay! Plantsims :)

600x600x75x0.jpg

I love that familly. :D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2013
    The plantsims in TS2 were cool :)
    Here is a link for information on the TS2 plantsims: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/PlantSim
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Tvip11Tvip11 Posts: 65 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Maybe the Plantsims will have like a special power to make special teas(since we're getting tea). Like a plantsim can make a tea that makes you sim sick or a tea that helps your sim pass exams. Hopefully, it's like that.
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited January 2013
    Did you notice in that screenshot that the plant sims looked better then normal sims. Maybe a precursor to what the sims 3 sims would look like. (not talking about color, but appearance)
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    SpunkyBeli wrote:
    Did you notice in that screenshot that the plant sims looked better then normal sims. Maybe a precursor to what the sims 3 sims would look like. (not talking about color, but appearance)

They look the same as TS2 sims, just green with hair and clothes made of leaves.