Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time for natural disasters

I played the game the sims 3 seasons and it was a good game but I wonder will somebody make a mod to add natural disasters to the game? The game gets boring without disasters and I like to see natural disasters happen in the game. Natural disasters include
.Tornadoes
.Hurricanes
.Floods
.Droughts

Those 3 natural disasters that the game needs. I read on the features about sims 3 seasons and the feature said no natural disasters include hurricanes and tornadoes because that complete destruction ain't spirit of the sims and I said to my self what the Sh##!!!!! The game is boring without natural disasters and I got suddenly bored playing the sims 3 seasons because there were no natural disasters!!! Weather yes it makes it mildley fun but we need natural disasters!!! Will someone make a mod to add natural disasters to the sims 3 seasons?

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,333 Member
    edited January 2013
    A big fat NO. Have you ever been in a tornado or hurricane? It is not fun to be in the middle of one of those. If EA said it is not in the spirit of the game then people need to learn to accept that they will never put them in the game... :roll: How would you like it if they destroyed your town after you got it fixed up the way you want it or a house that you just made? You would be pretty upset. So NO thanks for natural disasters... :roll:...jmho... :?

But maybe someone could make a mod for those that want it which would be a better solution. I mean that's what mods are for is to put things in the game that EA won't or refuse to put in the game.... :wink:
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2013
    Again? I could swear we had that thread already.
    And again I also say NO to your ideas.
    So the game becomes boring for you without natural disasters?
    Well then I'd move on to a different game if I were you.
    Good bye. *waves*
    EDIT:
    Now look what I found here. It's a thread from 12/29/2012 with the very same topic and also from you, chester7348!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/628982.page
    /me hits the report button.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited January 2013
    When a game becomes boring challenge yourself with a build or make a new town with a different theme....i personally would hate to see my world destroyed.

Simcity5 is coming out and it will have natural disastors, you might be interested in trying in March:)
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2013
    No , if the game is boring for you then you shouldn't be playing sims 3, you should be playing another game that give you what you want in your game.simcity or a natural disaster game.
  • Options
    Leah1980Leah1980 Posts: 907 Member
    edited January 2013
    I find it already a slight pain in the neck that my sims have to go out in the rain and get soaked. NO absolutely not, horrible idea.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2013
    this idea is in the wrong area. what your looking for is a mod ..
  • Options
    Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited January 2013
    lisasc360 wrote:
    A big fat NO. Have you ever been in a tornado or hurricane? It is not fun to be in the middle of one of those. If EA said it is not in the spirit of the game then people need to learn to accept that they will never put them in the game... :roll: How would you like it if they destroyed your town after you got it fixed up the way you want it or a house that you just made? You would be pretty upset. So NO thanks for natural disasters... :roll:...jmho... :?

But maybe someone could make a mod for those that want it which would be a better solution. I mean that's what mods are for is to put things in the game that EA won't or refuse to put in the game.... :wink:

Hmm. There are no tornadoes or hurricanes in game, but there's meteorite that can kill sims or destroy their homes, and SimCity games had natural disasters that could be even caused by players.
    I'm not saying that I'd like to have natural disasters (in fact I'm happy that I've never seen meteorite and I hate kitchen fires), what I'm saying is that EA is a little bit inconsequent if they said that's not in the spirit of the game.
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited January 2013
    The most I would like to see is power outages during heavy storms, could even throw in an afrade of the dark moodlet. But then the sims would need candles or flashlights..ah well maybe next time.
  • Options
    RamsbeeRamsbee Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    Lol people need to chill on this topic jesus H, anyways it would be cool to have like a power outage with the wind storms, like someone previously posted, maybe like a blizzard would be nifty because that wouldnt be destructive on the town but it would be funny to see sims stuck at home and have to shovel out
  • Options
    AldermanTomAldermanTom Posts: 499 Member
    edited January 2013
    If they can handle this like they do with weather ( i.e. you can exclude Snow in the options screen) then I don't see any reason why we couldnt have this. Just call it Storm damage or something, and have some damage to the home. And then let those who do not want to see it exclude it from the game.

I understand how it could be unpleasant for some, but, it is also brings back bad memories for folks who have been through divorces, death of parents, etc, and those are allowed in the game.

Just my opinion.