Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open for Business Petition/Fan Club! 1214 signatures!!!

Comments

• Options
    BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'll definitely sign this! :D
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2013
    /signed

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    So many people want ofb type expansion for sure they need to do something about it in sims. I still miss my sit down restaurants they can't just move on without sit down restaurants.

Cinder btw if you don't see me on for a while I haven't kicked the bucket yet. I need to get some serious rest. I'm cranky i think because i've just been so ill for a very long time and one thing after another keeps smacking me down. I've had the worst occurrence with two different doctors giving me the wrong medicine for an infection i've had that resulted in it spreading and lasting well over a month now. On top of that series of other health issues are popping up one after another it makes me wonder are my doctors over looking things the geniuses that they are. Sigh but C'est la vie, i'm sure we all have our ups and downs.

Any way I hope this thread hits the 1,000 signature. Huggles to you and Urosh enjoy simming and play some for me too.

Oh Ana!!! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. :cry: Illness is so horrible when you get one thing after another and you feel like you just need a break from it! I hope you get lots of rest and feel better soon. <3<3<3
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thank you to nhulhihhb, JBAG521, LammashtaOtaku, cutieePANDA, skrelk2, allymonster4, BambooEaterrr and Jessabeans! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited January 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    So many people want ofb type expansion for sure they need to do something about it in sims. I still miss my sit down restaurants they can't just move on without sit down restaurants.

Cinder btw if you don't see me on for a while I haven't kicked the bucket yet. I need to get some serious rest. I'm cranky i think because i've just been so ill for a very long time and one thing after another keeps smacking me down. I've had the worst occurrence with two different doctors giving me the wrong medicine for an infection i've had that resulted in it spreading and lasting well over a month now. On top of that series of other health issues are popping up one after another it makes me wonder are my doctors over looking things the geniuses that they are. Sigh but C'est la vie, i'm sure we all have our ups and downs.

Any way I hope this thread hits the 1,000 signature. Huggles to you and Urosh enjoy simming and play some for me too.
    That's terrible to hear :( Hope you get better soon!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Waaaaaaaaaaaait a minute!!!

Is there a business major in uni? :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited January 2013
    The business major could be linked to the politician (I feel like thats possible) and business career that is already in the game. Other then that,

Signed.

OFB was one of my favourite expansions from TS2. I loved making all the stores and having shopping distracts in my home neighbourhood. I never bothered using the sub-hood and I would always make my own hoods in SC4.
  • Options
    legosim12legosim12 Posts: 542 Member
    edited January 2013
    Signed!! :D
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    99rikki9999rikki99 Posts: 54 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Definetly signing.Count me in :D
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited January 2013
    I dont have time to read this entire thread right now, but I wholeheartedly support this topic! I hope that the announced Island Paradise EP will allow us to build/run our own stores and restaurants not only in the Island Paradise but in any of the worlds. I also love selling things from home (home business). If this happens, I'll feel like Sims 3 is just about complete!!! I am SIGNING this petition, even though IP has been announced, I hope we can still influence the focus of the EP.
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited January 2013
    Signed now ty Want it yes! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited January 2013
    MSladyTSO wrote:
    I dont have time to read this entire thread right now, but I wholeheartedly support this topic! I hope that the announced Island Paradise EP will allow us to build/run our own stores and restaurants not only in the Island Paradise but in any of the worlds. I also love selling things from home (home business). If this happens, I'll feel like Sims 3 is just about complete!!! I am SIGNING this petition, even though IP has been announced, I hope we can still influence the focus of the EP.

Most likely yes. It hasn't been rated and is still in development, so we can still influence the content of the expansion pack. But, once it has been rated, it is too late! :shock:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks to all the new signers! :D:D:D
    MSladyTSO wrote:

Special *hug* to you MSladyTSO :D as the person who armed me with the masterful signature harvester and pointed me in the direction of I&F!!! It was bumping your thread that inspired me to do this in the first place!!! <3<3<3
  • Options
    nicksparacinonicksparacino Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    Signed! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Signed! :D

Thanks nicksparacino :D I'll add you now.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Graham has been tweeting about OFB/Ambitions again:

.@sbennett26143 At the time we created Ambitions I think the intent was that it would be The Sims 3's take on OFB; but looking back on it afterwards I'd say the game play in Ambitions deviated a lot from what Open for Business provided. I'd say there's still plenty we could potentially explore in that area, but that's my own personal feelings on it. RT @sbennett26143 @SimGuruGraham People say that Ambitions was the Open For Business for TS3, does that mean running our own business is totally out for TS3?

I'd say there's still plenty we could potentially explore in that area
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited January 2013

.@sbennett26143 At the time we created Ambitions I think the intent was that it would be The Sims 3's take on OFB; but looking back on it afterwards I'd say the game play in Ambitions deviated a lot from what Open for Business provided. I'd say there's still plenty we could potentially explore in that area, but that's my own personal feelings on it. RT @sbennett26143 @SimGuruGraham People say that Ambitions was the Open For Business for TS3, does that mean running our own business is totally out for TS3?

Link to the tweet?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Link to the tweet?

Not sure if you can link to tweets? But:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/km8kop

If you follow him on twitter you'll see it. :D
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited January 2013

Link to the tweet?

Not sure if you can link to tweets? But:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/km8kop

If you follow him on twitter you'll see it. :D

You can. And, sorry, but the name of Twitter kinda sells me against ever using it. It sounds like a service for twits; considering most of the content I've seen, that sound is about accurate. There are the good users, but they're rare.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,863 Member
    edited January 2013
    Nice to see that tweet that came after the live chat that you linked to! There is still a lot of hope and I think it's very strong possibility they'll put this out in early 2014 and call it done. I know many other ideas have a lot of backers but they kind of pale in comparison to the numbers and support here. They know they could make a lot of money here.

And, we know now that they are not going to be limited to 10 EPS, so why not make it 12 instead of 11? (or 13 or 14 -farming and theme parks, but getting ahead of myself there lol)

Why not, EA?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Jpman1234Jpman1234 Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Signed!!!!!
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited January 2013
    My friend thinks OFB is on hush for a big surprise reveal ;) She predicted what would be coming before the announcement too, she's awesome.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Tanya... I'm only on it to stalk the gurus! :lol: I call it a very naughty name which involves changing a vowel. :oops:

jcp011c2, OFB and farming sound great to me! :thumbup:

Welcome to the forums Jpman1234! I'll add your name now. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    3DJ4 wrote:
    My friend thinks OFB is on hush for a big surprise reveal ;) She predicted what would be coming before the announcement too, she's awesome.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope so!

Why don't I have one of these mysterious friends? :lol: