Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal: How many haunted houses do you play in?

Β«1
I'm currently playing with the Paranormal SP again, and now I'm wondering: Those of you who own the pack, how many played households do you have that live in haunted houses?

And by "played households", I mean any households that you load up from time to time, be it every day or once in a blue moon, across all worlds and saves.

Paranormal: How many haunted houses do you play in? 104 votes

Only 1
23%
EvvieSimmerKita5399MichelleWimhappyelemmeleelanorbretonncisGibbs02Cheekybitssnoepjes1210MDianaSimsmusteniDaniRose2143TTNsimmerAmapola76GlacierSnowDaepheneSharoniatelemwillEnnaelHandel 24 votes
2-5
44%
crocobauraCK213Cabelle1863BlkBarbiegalMontrase102SnuffyBucketmaggiemae8135MindofySimplyJenpajamajam07JerrelloemereBabykittyjadeMoonfoxNightcryviola-illyriaJackOnYourBackEvaliynEnkiSchmidtAineOldeseadogge 46 votes
6-10
2%
DarkLady2788taydevGrumpyGlowfish 3 votes
More than 10
0%
All of my houses are haunted!
3%
Felicity1169CAPTAIN_NXR7OnverserCalico45 4 votes
None, but I have paranormal investigators
2%
rudolphablueyblueskyEmmaVane 3 votes
None, I'm using the pack for other things
23%
bshag4lvMartinvoveronleigheshellbemeBoergeAarg61simgirl1010freindlylolfriendlysimmersmitchiebanjomlmeadowsRamblineRosegc6164LatinaBunnyRDaanBreazonaKyreRoenDeeTsimsScotsimsimesmerized 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Only 1
    I have only one, but looking to add some more.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    In all technicality my current family in my newest save isn't haunted-- yet. However, it is the first game since the SP came out not to be set in a haunted house and I am going to bet it isn't going to last (I figured I'd get a leg up on the farming before I introduced the spectors).

Plus, pretty well all my regular builds and families I add to each save are haunted. All of Forgotten Hollow is haunted (that is lived in, darn the restrictions on restaurants and rentals!). All the family variants I have for Glimmerbrooke and Sulani are the same.

I play with a lot of haunted houses.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    2-5
    I have a couple of haunted houses but none of them are haunted by Guidry and what's her name. I had Guidry in one of the houses but he flirted with the wife and triggered sadness in the spousal unit and as a result Guidry was sadly banished.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    2-5
    I have a Haunted House Ghost Family household.
    A household that's based on the 1970s Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys.
    And a Multi Lot Challenge household.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I own the pack but don't use it for anything.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    edited May 2022
    Only 1
    I chose only one, because neither of the none options fits my circumstances. I don't have any haunted houses in any of my current saves. I had sort of forgotten about them after having several right after the pack came out. Not having any for awhile isn't that the pack didn't interest me, I just sort of forgot about when I changed stories. Now that the subject is back I can easily see this having some part in a couple of my current saves. My archeologist sim needs something exciting to do in between trips to Selvadorada and being a paranormal investigator would be a lot of fun, and profitable. Thanks @GrumpyGlowfish for bringing this up. I had been wondering what sort of activities she could engage in and you've given me a great idea for her story.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    2-5
    I love the paranormal pack and usually have at least one haunted house in each of my saves. Waiting for werewolves to finish setting up a save devoted to the supernatural sims and plan on having several haunted houses in that save. Already made characters for my mediums and haunted houses to add to my game.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I have many houses I consider haunted but i have them set to normal residential most of the time and just toggle the haunted lot type back when i want to play more with it

so currently its only normal residentials

but i have plans to make goths house haunted at some point cause well obviously thats what goth house should be

and i also have my forgotten hollow legacy house i consider very haunted

and pancakes lot is haunted still even after eliza left it and i made new little spooky house there

might have haunted house in strangerville yes that would work veeery nicely

i use the pack all the time for other stuff too though cause items are pretty

aand haven't really played paranormal investigator career yet actually but ive got some sims i plan to play that with eventually
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    It's on my to do list.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I tried a couple of times to have a haunted house but my sims would break que to go "communicate" with the spirits. I can't seem to get them to do any else, so I sort of ditched the whole haunted house thing until either EA fixed it by easing the push to go communicate (yeah right) or some terrific modder will fix it. Until then, I will just use the decor from the pack...it's a real shame too, I was looking forward to haunted.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    2-5
    On the installation that has it, just 2 if I remember right. Game is so broken than not been there in months. CAS & bb used heavily elsewhere.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    2-5
    • Two teen vampires (Wolfgang is also a ghost because there was an accident :sweat_smile: ) in their huge haunted mansion in Windenburg.
    • Ulrike Faust and her and Guidry's son in Windenburg.
    • A spellcaster and her familiar in StrangerVille.

That's all at the moment, but I have two very lovely haunted homes waiting for residents. One is off the grid and I can't wait for my teen spellcaster and one (or two) of her friends to go live there for a week or so :joy: The other one is such a pretty house in Willow Creek and I want one of my main families to live there, but I don't know when that will happen.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    2-5
    Only two:

- The Paranormal Seminar in Senbamachi is where my future paranormal investigators study under the lecherous gaze tutelage of Guidry. Depending on the semester I dial the threat level up or down. The prospective spook chasers also get to study Komorebi spirits in the wild and the local park has Island Spirits trait.

- A haunted freighter. It came from the gallery and is loaded to the brim with exotic goods. The narrow corridors and many nooks make for an amazing experience, but for some reason not many sims want to sign on...

- Honorary mention of the penthouse in the Fashion Quarter that used to be haunted by the ghost of the penthouse owner and three cops. I hadn't set it as actually haunted (not sure if it is even possible to make penthouse lots haunted), but I had those ghosts in a club ready for midnight haunts and the daughter regularly used the Seance table to spawn spectres and ghosts. That save is retired now, but I may reactivate it for werewolves.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Only 1
    Goth's home has been reset as one. OH and the Pleasant one in Britchester, thanks to Lilith's nefarious deeds.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2022
    Only 1
    I've only done the haunted house thing once (all the way through, that is), just so I'd know whether or not it was worth doing again. I found that I enjoyed it once, but I had no desire or need to keep the house haunted afterward, nor did I feel like I wanted to do it all over again in another house. I do quite often use elements from the pack for decoration and/or story purposes, though. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    2-5
    I've done the haunted house thing a couple of times. At the moment, I only have two active saves - one with my Rags to Newcrest legacy, and one I'm building into a template save, so I currently don't have any haunted houses I play in, but I'll probably play through another one at some point, when the story line feels right.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    2-5
    I always have a few haunted houses. Goes perfect with my apocalyptic settings and abandoned houses. But sometimes I want to give my poor sims a break so It's like half and half.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    2-5
    Two houses: My main family, and a branch family. The main family's house has always been haunted, so they grew up communing with them. The branch family's members now have a lineage of working as as paranormal investigators; they purposely brought ghosts into their home so they can train their kids at a young age to understand them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    None, but I have paranormal investigators
    I was planning to have two but after my first got her Paranormal Investigator license I switched the house to normal. My other PI will live in a normal house. It just got to be annoying after a while.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I hardly ever play with the haunted houses, or the paranormal career....but I do use the build and buy stuff constantly so I still got my moneys worth out of the pack!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    6-10
    Time to answer my own question after all.

I counted yesterday and was surprised to learn that my main save only has five haunted houses at the moment. I could have sworn half of my Newcrest consisted of those, but nope, only two of them are in Newcrest, the others in Glimmerbrook, Mt. Komorebi, and the island of Windenburg. There is one additional haunted house in my second save that I started a little while ago, adding up to a total of six.

But number seven is already on its way. I'm planning on building the ultimate horror house on Sulani, one that isn't just haunted by spectres, but also regular ghosts and island spirits, and situated close to Mount Magma. Fun, fun, fun! :D
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    If it ain’t haunted it ain’t fun.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    oh i forgot I also have house inspired by grudge movies in mt komorebi that I will eventually make haunted but i was kinda annoyed it cannot be vacation house and haunted simultaneously cause that would have been perfect as i treat it as ignorant tourist trap
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    2-5
    oh i forgot I also have house inspired by grudge movies in mt komorebi that I will eventually make haunted but i was kinda annoyed it cannot be vacation house and haunted simultaneously cause that would have been perfect as i treat it as ignorant tourist trap
    Oh I know the feeling! I downloaded a haunted house from the gallery a couple of days ago and wanted to put it in Mt. Komorebi. It was such a good grimy haunted "hotel", but if I make it rental it won't be haunted so I'm not sure what to do with it :/
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    2-5
    @haisin I built an old haunted manor that was an actual rl bed and breakfast. Was looking forward to when we finally have the ability to do hotels but realized won't be able to make it haunted. Hope they change things so that community lots can also be haunted as would be so much fun to have a haunted house that anyone could visit, stay over night in, and do their paranormal investigating. Or be able to have kids exploring the haunted house on a dare. Would add gameplay to my stories! Drgluon did a youtube video series of a hotel in Henford with spooky trait but had it set as a residential lot and had his own characters in the hotel as visitors staying there. Thought I might try that in the future with haunted residential and put in a group of my mediums to work together.