Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Idea: Bio For Sims

I thought what would be interesting for sims in the family timeline is to keep track of the lineage DNA like the mother has purple eyes, black hair, the father has red hair and green eyes, now the child has three kids and all of them have black hair and green eyes. His wife is blonde, blue eyed. Weird how strong the game's DNA process is so strong on the father's side, I'm guessing it's from the longer lineage of the father's.

When you go on the family tree and click on a sim's face you could see what their eye color was and hair color, personality traits. Super simple.

Comments

• Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    We used to have a place to type up bios for individual sims in Sims 2, but I don't think that it was connected to the family history timeline in that game. It was handy to keep track of individuals' stories instead of having to squeeze them in with the Household/Family Bio like we do now. I would like to have that again.

It would be cool to have what you're describing, too.
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @RoseQuartz it would be nice to keep track of their dna looks and see how the lineage countiued onto the other baby sims of the future.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    That's not quite the type of bio I was envisioning when I clicked this thread, but it's.... alright?

Honestly, I just want to write up biographies for individual sims again, like in Sims 2 and 3. Type in their backstories, anything, whatever, basically anything I want to, for each individual sim. Give them a story that's fairly accessible enough. Heck, you could write in details about their genetics if that's what you'd like to keep track of! They could make these biographies accessible in the family tree!

Imagine running a long legacy game, and being able to go back and read what you've written down for each sim, many generations ago. A feature where the family tree also becomes a family history hub. What if you clicked the active family tree portrait again, and it would bring up their entire sim profile?

The biography should be put in that sim profile, I think. It seems like a good place.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @Magdaleena I was mainly thinking about the eye color and the hair to see who they got it from and how along go the generation went. My female sim has a lot of generations with black hair and green eyes, I MEAN MAJORITY. Well, it's funny most of the men have green eyes lol, I guess I do have a thing for green eyes. I wanted to see who would make the prettiest baby and only one male is overall the most handsome. Not even a daughter is pretty just pretty boring to look at. All of the girls are kinda boring in the sim's family line. She has at least ten kids? Five baby daddies.

It would be cool though of what you were thinking of.