Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new activity based pack would you like to see?

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Back to the Past: Travel back and experience life BEFORE simstagram! Before electricity and showers! Medieval Times.
    Only picked past because I want horses. Underwater would be close second.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Back to the Past: Travel back and experience life BEFORE simstagram! Before electricity and showers! Medieval Times.
    Love to see an Renaissance pack as a vacation spot.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Back to the past has a lot more possibilities as an expansion pack: the others would make great game packs.
    But I want more than one secret "past" world to travel to. Not just medieval times. Maybe the 1800s or so, Wild West. Or caveman/prehistoric days. Or the Titanic (shipboard living). Ancient Greek or Roman times. I remember a site in the Sims 1 days that was all about Roman-themed objects, decorations, and clothing. Anything from the early 1800s or so would be off the grid.

As to the phone, there would be no bars indicating no signal for any timeframe in the past (prior to the mid-80s). I always hated how Sims 3 upgraded to smartphones, then broke their screens once they traveled to the future and they never unbroke when they returned. There was no explanation for the broken screen on the phone, and no way to repair or replace the phone or its screen. Maybe they should have had some kind of time travel device or even a music player, temporarily replace the cellphone, and the phone go into household inventory or the Sim's inventory.

Also, while time travelling, if they take any electronics or small appliances with them and try to place or use them, a popup should appear saying that objects from the future would change the time continuum and they would not be able to get back home. Of course, if they did violate the time continuum, maybe they would find themselves in a steampunk world, instead of home (alternate universe) if they travelled back to the future while leaving anything in the past. Or, they could find themselves in the middle of the desert that had lots of craters on each lot, and all lots were built underground or in protective bubbles because the place was radioactive (think vampires in the sun except affecting all normal Sims with slow but steady health or need loss.) Then the only way to get home would be to go back to the past and put the item back in the Sim's inventory.

Or, the 1960s or 1970s: I am old enough that I actually remember things from the 70s like rotary phones (predated touch tone phones - and everything was landline and worked OFF THE GRID), carbon copies (including for credit card readers), sets of encyclopedias with one or two books for every letter of the alphabet, library card catalogs (replaced by computers), microfiche readers (used for archives), and manual typewriters (finger powered - some of us still have the habit of typing hard on the keyboard as a result).

In the 70s, the computers used punchcards, and one might even take up a whole server room. It wasn't until the 80s that they used floppy disks. The electric typewriters did not come into widespread use until the 80s. We played a lot of board games and card games when we weren't playing tag, jump rope, or hide and seek outside. (Everyone knows about Monopoly, but there were a lot more than that, like tabletop RPGs.)

You could find kids toys in every store, including kid-sized squirtguns, usually transparent in bright neon colors. (Super-soaker toys came along in the 80s and 90s.) Those without squirtguns used water-filled balloons, buckets, or turned the garden hose on each other. Sometimes the more mischievous ones actually threw the water balloons at moving cars when no adults were watching. (Once the parents found out...they might get spanked or grounded.) Some people had small microscopes or telescopes for their hobbies. The huge telescope used in Sims 4 is more of a small observatory than a telescope. Then, there were also binoculars, one step down from telescopes. Kids who were playing alone used dolls or action figures or kaleidoscopes or books, including comic books. I got so bored as a kid at one point when I was home sick for 2 weeks (chicken pox) that I actually started reading the dictionary at one point, because I had already read all the paperback and hardback books in the library.

Batuu already is like the future world in Sims 4. The Sims 3 future world had a lot of similarities to Star Trek, especially the food replicator and hologram computers.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    My previous comment in a nutshell: More options for places to go (prehistoric, medieval, 1800s, the 1960s or 1970s, or the Titanic or Greek or Roman times). In fact, the other three ideas could be combined in this type of Expansion pack. Sculpting and glass blowing goes back to around Greek and Roman times. The 1800s or 1960s could easily have artist communes or add more artistic and/or music activities. Yes, there were bands in the 1800s.

For that matter, if we only add new activities to the club menu already existing in Sims 4, along with the sculpting and glass blowing objects, that would make a good Game pack, but not enough for an expansion pack.

Water diving and underwater activities would also make a good expansion pack, but I think time travel has more gameplay possibilities. For that matter, if we go all out, Atlantis could be added as part of the Greek time period, along with the ancient architecture and clothing options.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Underwater Adventue: Underwater(!) scuba diving, exploration, sea life and underwater homes.
    I voted for the underwater one cause I love playing with mermaids so much and it would rock to have underwater lots again like in Sims 3. Even better if we could build homes there!!

BUT I also would really love a space station one!!!! Like SO much. Or even colonizing another world!
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    Space Station Sims: Life aboard a space station obiting high above SimWorld
    I see this theme working really well with the Sims 4 and its world system and it's something that's never been done before in the Sims franchise and I think we need something fresh and new at the moment. Even if they did a pack about living on the Moon I think that would be pretty cool too.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Underwater Adventue: Underwater(!) scuba diving, exploration, sea life and underwater homes.
    I’m mermaid/merfolk lover, so I would love to see more water activities and water environments for my merpeople, of course. (And if they ever upgrade/flesh out mermaids more, that would be great as well.)

Besides that, I would love to see bands, more sports, and more arts & crafts.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    The only one I'm personally not interested in is the virtual game one. Everything else I'd love to see come to the game someday.

I chose Space Station because they could do some fun things with an outer space themed pack (maybe even a new and improved alien species that's different from the one that came with Get to Work?)

My second choice would be Art Camp followed by Medieval and Bands.

In my opinion, I'd prefer the Medieval option not to involve time travel, but simply be a historical reenactment or a renaissance fair. Time travel, if there's only one destination, would just complicate things unnecessary.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I’d actually like to see several things, but if I can only pick one it would be Medieval Times…
    But I’d also like to see the Artist Colony, Band Camp, underwater Adventure, Space Station, into the Future and Sports Camp…… pretty much all of them.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    An Off-the-Grid activity pack.

Woodcutting: Use an axe or a sawhorse (up to 2 sims). Sell the firewood or stock up for winter (oldstyle fireplaces, campfires and ovens would now have to be supplied. Don't want to work your sim or not living off the grid? Buy it.

Smithing: Become a smith. Construct farming equipment for the farmers, and swords and shields for the eccentric collectors. Uses coal.

Cook by the campfire: A campfire. A small cauldron. Or meat on a stick. No fancy stoves for your wildlife Sims.

Tents made by tree branches, normal, pinetrees, palmtree leafs (like the roofs), dead trees. Your Sim could even build one from scratch by sending them out to gather wood in the region.

Wild Chase: Send your wildlife kids into the forests. They need to learn their surroundings! Any number of kids from 2-8 can go on a wild chase off the lot.

Sap collecting. Collect sap, use it to reinforce your manmade tents, or wooden objects from the woodworking tables. Maybe your Sim wants to use it on a wound (wounds added with the pack) or making syrup to sell or eat.

Swimming races. Who's the fastest Sim? Decided by fitness level, moodset and the fun and energy meter. An activity-loving Sim will most likely beat a lazy Sim, unless the lazy Sim is stronger than he/she looks.

Also, more playing around in the water for all ages, though the baby and toddler would need an teen or adults help.

Was unsure what category this would fit into, so I didn't vote.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    Band/music Camp: A place to lean new and old instruments, form bands, compete.
    It was hard for me to choose... i want everything :wink:
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I decided on the Past one because I am fascinated with the older homes, especially from the 1800s. I build them for my sims to live in (and to use as haunted houses) but would love to be able to have gameplay from that actual time period. I would really love more CAS/BB items for that time period as well, as I feel I am using the same furniture, wallpaper, etc. over with each house due to limited amount of items that fit into that era. I really need more choices for off-the-grid lighting, like the old-fashioned lamps with the larger globes with flowers on them. I use others that resemble them somewhat, but they aren't off-the-grid.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    I like the underwater one because it would tie nicely in with the mermaids and could make those more fleshed out. If they world is the same type as Sulani it could also add more gameplay to that pack (like diving being real for instance). Not that I know if that would be possible at all, but I would really love it if it were.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I want to scuba dive!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited May 2022
    So many great ideas. I would love for sims to live in space, orbiting sim world or even sixam. I would love a space station neighbourhood or under glass domes on a mars like planet. As long as it is not based on an established franchise like batuu, I want my own stories and characters. I would also enjoy a futuristic or underwater homes.

On the more realistic side I would also be interested in hobbies like making pottery, glass blowing,...
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    This should've been with Island Living. Collecting stuff and having a place for Mermaids is the most important for me. A revamping of fish tanks and stuff to collect to put in there.

I also would love Artist colony. I almost always had a sculpture machine in the Sims3 and my sims did that and painting quiet a bit.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    All of the above.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I voted for "Back to the Past" because right now it would be the highest on my wish list, but I'd also love "Artist Colony", "Music camp" and "underwater adventure".

Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    I couldn't pick just one. I want them all!!
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    can we put all the camps ones together as a hobbies pack
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2022
    Sword Fighting has been at the top of my most-wanted features list since I first started playing Sims 4. If they throw in horses and fantasy features (like dragons and fairies), then even better.

As for the other options, underwater adventure is probably #2 for me. I love swimming and water activities. Sulani is my favorite world because of that. I'd like to see more, though.

The return to the future and space station packs are near the bottom. Admittedly, space stations would be cool, and I'd like to see Plumbots. But at the same time, we have so much sci-fi content in the Sims 4 as it is.
    Post edited by Cybersbe on
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited July 2022
    I picked the band and music one and now realize it is my third choice! These are excellent ideas. I want them all someday but the ones that make me most excited are medieval times and the underwater one. I would love an introduction of world traits. For example a medieval world would have "No Modern Technology" trait and you'd basically have to play survival and live off the land. That kind of pack would tie in so well with Cottage Living and Eco Lifestyle and Off the Grid playstyles as a whole. The underwater world could have big focus on danger and researching marine life and treasure collecting. You could find precious gems and use them in a new jewelry making skill. Mermaids could be refreshed with this pack much like Sims 3 Supernatural refreshed vampires and took them from Late Night. Living in an underwater world would be super fun and unique.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited July 2022
    Sports Camp: Learn gymnastics, acrobatics, volley ball, soccar. Extreme obstacle course competion.
    I'm going to with sports camp I want more than a simple animation of throwing a ball or kicking a ball I miss being able to watch Sims actually play a game together like they did in Sims 2. A pack specifically dedicated to sports may give me this though they still might fail like the robotic bowling pack where they stand there lifeless to the game if it is not their turn when 3 or 4 reaction animations could have made a world of difference.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    All of it!
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    @Atreya33's comment gave me an idea for the space station world. What if it connects to other worlds (small like Sixam) with new features? Also travel to Sixam if you have Get to Work. The space station itself would have one lot with complex community amenities (like the neighborhoods in Jungle Adventure, not Journey to Batuu). The pack could introduce semi-active space station careers.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.