Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shorter pregnancy

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
I intend to play a side-save on short lifespan, what are my options to shorten the pregnancy to a single day?

- I found a mod on MTS that does exactly that, but it seems to be broken. Can anybody confirm that? Any alternatives?

- MCCC's Pregnancy module lets you define a custom pregnancy length. However, I don't want the sims (both my own and the townies) to adopt, marry, have children and son on. Basically I want none of the functions of that module except for the custom pregnancy length. Problem: I cannot find where I need to click to deactivate the other functions. Screenshots with arrows pointing into the right direction would be very apprecciated by a currently a bit overwhelmed simmer! (I play with MCCC, but I always delete the Pregnancy module.)

Edit: I found where to set chance for marriage to zero in MCCC, but still no luck to stop them from multiplying.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I intend to play a side-save on short lifespan, what are my options to shorten the pregnancy to a single day?

- I found a mod on MTS that does exactly that, but it seems to be broken. Can anybody confirm that? Any alternatives?

- MCCC's Pregnancy module lets you define a custom pregnancy length. However, I don't want the sims (both my own and the townies) to adopt, marry, have children and son on. Basically I want none of the functions of that module except for the custom pregnancy length. Problem: I cannot find where I need to click to deactivate the other functions. Screenshots with arrows pointing into the right direction would be very apprecciated by a currently a bit overwhelmed simmer! (I play with MCCC, but I always delete the Pregnancy module.)

Edit: I found where to set chance for marriage to zero in MCCC, but still no luck to stop them from multiplying.

Pregnancy cycles run on certain days, same as marriage cycles. I think the default is once or twice a week.

Removing cycles from all days should stop pregnancies happening.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

In the main MC Pregnancy menu choose Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage and from there set the percentage to 0 (zero) for each age group.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, as the others said, you can set all the MCCC things you don't want to zero to turn them off.

Honestly tho, it's always baffled me that the game itself doesn't--or at least, doesn't even give the option to--adjust pregnancy lengths in proportion to the different lifespans. Whether on short, normal, or long, pregnancy always lasts 3 days, which is, as you pointed out, rather long for short lifespans, but also rather weirdly short for long lifespans as well. On "normal", pregnancy lasts about as long as the "baby" lifestage, but on long the "baby" lifestage is, like, 12 days! Which means that, conceivably (heh), a sim could get pregnant and give birth to 3 more babies before the first one even ages up to a toddler! (yes of course you could just age them up prematurely, but that's not really the point, some people (like me) don't like doing that generally and prefer to have the age spans more consistent).
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt in MCCC's pregnancy module you can choose what trimester you want the pregnant sim to be in, including having them go in to labor. You can also end a pregnancy if a sim gets pregnant when you don't want them to be.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Perfect! I think I have everything disabled now (pet pregnancy, adoption, marriage, sim pregnancy), thank you everyone for contributing!