Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Oh, it’s YouTubers, then. I never pay any attention to them anyway, so carry on.

It's not just YouTubers. 🙂 We have several EA Creator Network members (forumites, forum contributors) right here on the forum. Most prefer to remain anonymous because of the general community sentiments toward GameChangers/Creators. If the program rolls out in full they would be eligible to participate also.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Oh, it’s YouTubers, then. I never pay any attention to them anyway, so carry on.

It's not just YouTubers. 🙂 We have several EA Creator Network members (forumites, forum contributors) right here on the forum. Most prefer to remain anonymous because of the general community sentiments toward GameChangers/Creators. If the program rolls out in full they would be eligible to participate also.

Cool. Wishing them the best, then.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I think with creators they mean Content Creators (previously called gamechangers). So I don't think this has anything to do with CC and Mod creators.

Epic already has it, you can enter a content creator code from a youtuber or streamer when buying something on the Epic Games Store and they will get a small share of the money.

Yes, I think they are doing at least a couple of things here. 1. Using the system as a marketing tool, to see which content creators have the most influence over which packs are bought, and 2. Because content creators make a commission off of every pack you buy and put their code in, it encourages them to promote the packs and kits rather than diss them. When I was young and worked in a drug store, we used to make a small commission off of things like perfume and make up. It does encourage a person to push a product if they know they are getting a tidbit out of it…. Smart marketing strategy.

You got a point there with 2. "Man, this pack/kit is so bad! But if you want to buy it, here is my creator code!" :D

They are going to have to promote their code well if they want to criticize a pack/kit at the same time.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I can see that sales pitch right now. I doubt it would affect kits too much, though. Even if it adds up, they'd be fighting over coin quarters basically.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Sounds like a lovely idea. I doubt I or many other behind the scenes cc creators would join up though. We are not on Youtube advertising and our cc is more available as word per mouth than millions of downloads via several social media platforms. If that makes any sense. I enjoy making my baby clothes but its not as popular as for instance lets plays or game changing mods ;)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    Personally, I think this is a really nice idea. No, it won't benefit everyone, and no, it won't always be "fair" but then neither is patron or for that matter buying something in a store. We all get affected by commercials in one way or another, be it online or otherwise. I really like the idea of showing appreciation to CC and mod-creators without actually paying for their content, but instead giving them a (very small) piece of EA's money instead. As long as prices doesn't go up to cover the expense, I'm good.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Some creators are so accomplished that, with a little check on quality and errors plus changes to fit the basic game they could be offered as kits to buy via Maxis, with the money going to the creators involved, with the usual 10% to Maxis. I've always thought they should be rewarded for their work but I'm reluctant to buy just in case of some error.

I remember those error corrector programs for .inf files and a doll we suffered from once in previous games.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

That's.. insidious. I'd really rather know if a forum user is a regular paying customer or not. IMO it should be required to state any participation in a GameChanger type program in the users signature or user icon thingy.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

That's.. insidious. I'd really rather know if a forum user is a regular paying customer or not. IMO it should be required to state any participation in a GameChanger type program in the users signature or user icon thingy.

I agree.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Wait wait, hold up. You guys are saying that the Game Changers are not actually the people who make changes for the game?
    So not the modders and CC creators.

Game Changers are Youtubers and other people who buzzmarket the Sims on social media including this here forum?

(Do they actually change the game in any way or are they basically a semi-volunteer marketing team?)