Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim born with assymmetrical face

GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
So two of my CAS-created sims with perfectly symmetrical faces, who already had two children beforehand with no remarkable facial features, recently had a third child, and this is what she looks like after aging up:

assymetrischesgesichtmdksn.jpg

This... anomaly or whatever, that keeps her mouth perpetually half-open on one side is caused by a mod, as I discovered upon restarting the game with no mods and finding that it was gone. No idea why, I suspected a fancy skin detail, but she doesn't have any. Must have something to do with the cheeks, because choosing different cheeks (any of the presets) removes the anomaly, choosing a different mouth doesn't.

But now I'm debating whether or not I should even fix it, or keep it like this. Real human faces aren't symmetrical either, and for the game this is quite unique. I've never seen anything like it before, and it's only really noticeable when you look at her up close in CAS. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    Keep it. I think it's kinda cute in a quirky way. It gives her a little bit of character, and its nothing extreme that would be distracting.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    I'd keep it. You could say it's a birth defect, sort of like a mild cleft lip or something.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I'd keep it, makes her unique
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'd keep it, but I wouldn't necessarily expect the feature to remain once she ages up. It might, though!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    Definitely keep it!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I like it. Givers her character.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Keep it. It's like a little sneer, my brother always held his mouth like that when getting his picture taken.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I'd keep it, but I wouldn't necessarily expect the feature to remain once she ages up. It might, though!

It does, actually. I aged her up in CAS just to see what she'll look like later (as I always do with children born in-game), and it's still there.

But I've decided to keep it. This is what she looks like now, and I think she's quite pretty:

ameliakindnahksjgb.jpg
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish Nice! She is indeed very cute. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish She is really cute! You did the right thing keeping that little detail.