Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disney Dreamlight Valley

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I regret not playing this game sooner. I almost bought it during the Halloween event. I figured I'm not a huge Disney fan so I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

I finally caved instead of waiting for it to be free sometime this year. (Thanks to Twitch drops!)😤.... So I've been playing non stop on PS5 the past 4 days.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    For the PS4 version, the Ultimate Edition was on sale, so I got that.
    So, now I have the basic version on my Switch, that I got in December, and have 24/25 characters so far. Still missing Eric.
    For my PS4, I got the Ulimate Edition, but started it this June, and taking my time on it.
    I rushed on my Switch version, and was focused on just getting all the characters. This time, I am slowing it down to enjoy the game more.
  • Options
    Waiting on the update, and the new drop.
    I have been obsessed with this game lately.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I bought this game on Steam but have not really played it. I really need to give it a go again.
  • Options
    PruThistlePruThistle Posts: 97 Member
    It was fun in the beginning, but it's just a bunch of resource gathering and it got boring after a while. Adding new characters did nothing to garner more interest.
  • Options
    PruThistle wrote: »
    It was fun in the beginning, but it's just a bunch of resource gathering and it got boring after a while. Adding new characters did nothing to garner more interest.

That can be very true. Until the update I had 24/25 villagers, and it was a grind to get them all. I still don't have Prince Eric, because you have to get Ursula and Ariel both to a certain level, To do that you have to see where they are, and can only gift them stuff.
    I have it on two systems, so I either take a break when it gets boring, or just unlock characters in a different order.
    The most fun I have though, is when a story event is triggered, like when you unlock Mother Gothel, you get the event where the other characters are trapped in their homes, and when you trigger some other events as well.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I played the game tonight and had lots of fun.
  • Options
    Played between my PS4, and Switch version of the game.
    I have the Star path unlocked on the PS4, so I have unlocked more characters to get through it. So, I unlocked characters like Anna to fulfill some quests. I have also been switching between the star path quests and the regular quests as well. In my PS4, I have unlocked 14 out of the 25 characters so far. I have also unlocked all the current biomes except 2. I also bought the spooky house, and the big hero 6 and Seeing Red items from the shop. What is nice about purchasing the houses is that you have a completely new place to decorate, so you can set it up separately from your main house, and put it anywhere you want.
    In my Switch version, I am still trying to unlock Eric, because I still have to get Ursula and Ariel to a certain level to unlock the quest. I also upgraded Scrooge's shop that gives you two floors to look at and a window display. I also unlocked the Fairy Godmother, and have started the quest of the Forgotten.
    Also, on the updates, you can now customize your furniture, and create mannequins to display your outfits. You can edit or wear the outfits, so it is easier to change.
  • Options
    Kind of a double post, but I finally unlocked Eric.
    So, now I have the 26 out of 26 characters.
    Not going to lie, trying to unlock Eric was kind of annoying, because you have to get both Ursula and Ariel to level 10. Unlike the other characters they are only in water, so far, and you have to track them down. You can't hang out with them, and can only give them gifts.
    Since I have Eric unlocked, I believe a quest with him helps you unlock Ariel's human form, so that is my next goal.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Do we have any info on when it is going to be fully released?
  • Options
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    Do we have any info on when it is going to be fully released?

Sadly, they just say 2023, so that can mean anything.
    So far in early access, we are still getting characters. Moonstones can be bought right now, and some can be found in-game. We have the Star Paths and Shop open, the shop rotates every 4-6 days. The have raised the price for the shop from when the game was first launched to now.
    Also, I believe some things are going to end up exclusive to those that got the early access, because there is no word if any of the tiers are going to be sold in the shop.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I pretty much hate this update. I don’t like multiplayer being forced and I don’t like grinding under time pressure in my game. I guess Vanellope gets to stay glitched in the castle in my valley.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I have Vanellope in my game now as well.
    My thing is that DreamSnaps are an interesting thing, but kind of not entirely fair. What I mean is that most people can get good in-game items from Scrooge, and through events. However, there are those that spent more on the game, and got things by real money. Plus, some people have streamed the game since the beginning. The point I am getting at, is that the DreamSnaps is a voting system, so what you can get, if you streamed or not, feels like it may end up being a slightly unfair advantage for some players over others.
    I have both the basic for one system, and a birthday gift let me get the Ultimate Founder's pack on another system. Which means I have to use the items in-game to participate, while I have a lot of better items from getting the Ultimate pack that will put me at an advantage over the basic pack I have.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    My thing is that DreamSnaps are an interesting thing, but kind of not entirely fair. What I mean is that most people can get good in-game items from Scrooge, and through events. However, there are those that spent more on the game, and got things by real money. Plus, some people have streamed the game since the beginning. The point I am getting at, is that the DreamSnaps is a voting system, so what you can get, if you streamed or not, feels like it may end up being a slightly unfair advantage for some players over others.
    I have both the basic for one system, and a birthday gift let me get the Ultimate Founder's pack on another system. Which means I have to use the items in-game to participate, while I have a lot of better items from getting the Ultimate pack that will put me at an advantage over the basic pack I have.

Yeah, the popularity contest is also my concern. Plus, I don’t want DreamSnaps competition tied to game progress. I completed the quest with Vanellope because I already had an area that met the requirements, but I don’t plan to participate in any other challenges. If game quests start requiring participation in DreamSnaps, that’s probably where I stop playing.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: »

Yeah, the popularity contest is also my concern. Plus, I don’t want DreamSnaps competition tied to game progress. I completed the quest with Vanellope because I already had an area that met the requirements, but I don’t plan to participate in any other challenges. If game quests start requiring participation in DreamSnaps, that’s probably where I stop playing.
    Yeah, if it makes you participate, I don't think I will want to play the game either. Plus, I feel that DreamSnaps can end up being biased too. What I mean is that there could be the same people winning all the time, like a streamer has followers, so their followers may increase the votes for them. Or, if there is a popular look, people could just vote for it over another look. Plus, those that have more stuff vs. someone with less stuff, as well as new players vs. old players can be a factor too.
  • Options

Yeah, if it makes you participate, I don't think I will want to play the game either. Plus, I feel that DreamSnaps can end up being biased too. What I mean is that there could be the same people winning all the time, like a streamer has followers, so their followers may increase the votes for them. Or, if there is a popular look, people could just vote for it over another look. Plus, those that have more stuff vs. someone with less stuff, as well as new players vs. old players can be a factor too.

I see where a lot of players really spend time and resources developing their biomes. To the extent that some actually start to look like American suburbs with roads, sidewalks and fences everywhere. My game is definitely more fairytale inspired. Less, “Let’s go to Disneyland,” and more “She came across a charming cottage hidden in the woods.” I also don’t want DreamSnaps to push me out of my “less is more” approach. I hope it stays very optional.
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    I pretty much hate this update. I don’t like multiplayer being forced and I don’t like grinding under time pressure in my game. I guess Vanellope gets to stay glitched in the castle in my valley.
    Maybe I've missed something important, but multiplayer doesn't seem to be available in my game after updating. Is that happening in a future update? If so, it would make me very unhappy. Being forced to play with other people running around in the world sounds very similar to what my brother said MMOs are like. Hopefully it stays optional like is the case with Stardew Valley.
  • Options
    Kendrana wrote: »
    Maybe I've missed something important, but multiplayer doesn't seem to be available in my game after updating. Is that happening in a future update? If so, it would make me very unhappy. Being forced to play with other people running around in the world sounds very similar to what my brother said MMOs are like. Hopefully it stays optional like is the case with Stardew Valley.

I don’t know if they plan on going that direction, but they introduced the DreamSnap competition as their “first multiplayer feature.” Since the game is basically a cross between The Sims and Stardew Valley, I hope it doesn’t get intrusive. Right now, there’s the DreamSnap tutorial quest that unlocks Vanellope. As long as DreamSnap stays optional, I’m fine. But I worry that they’ll require it for more quests, and I wonder how far into multiplayer territory they plan to go. I’ve played some games with multiplayer aspects that I was fine with (Sims FreePlay, Margaritaville Online), but others creeped me out and I bailed. We’ll have to see.
  • Options

I see where a lot of players really spend time and resources developing their biomes. To the extent that some actually start to look like American suburbs with roads, sidewalks and fences everywhere. My game is definitely more fairytale inspired. Less, “Let’s go to Disneyland,” and more “She came across a charming cottage hidden in the woods.” I also don’t want DreamSnaps to push me out of my “less is more” approach. I hope it stays very optional.

I am planning to keep most of my biomes the same, just mostly fixing roads, and organizing some buildings. I also don't farm pumpkins, because the time is takes to grow them. People have really fancy towns, and areas, but I kind of like the way the game looks kind of overgrown. Leaving it as is kind of makes me feel like it is kind of magical in a way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top