Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you edit the Strangerville lab?

ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
Has anyone been able to edit the lab? I would like to decorate the top floor and add some things, but maybe it's not possible because the enable free build cheat didn't seem to work.

Comments

• Options
    chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    Which lot are you asking about?
  • Options
    sorry!! the Lab I just noticed that mistake and edited the title :smile:
  • Options
    IF you are asking about editing the lab i don't think it's possible but you can try using bb.enablefreebuild
  • Options
    @chocolatefrosting yes that's what I was trying to do but it didn't work for me. And welcome to the forum by the way! :smile:
  • Options
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    No its not possible and its driving me crazy because the lab is half empty like i would be okay not being able to move motherplant or delete her or things around her but i feel like its so annoying not being able to place anything there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    It's only possible if you use a mod that allows it, and it's so super-secret-special-locked that even the mod doesn't work in a save game where you have had a sim already visit the lab. You have to have the mod installed before any Sim goes there for it to work.

It's a Twisted Mexi mod if you want to use it for your next new game. :)

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    @Simmingal Yeah, it feels so empty. I just wanted to add some stuff and make one of the rooms into a bunker with a bed so my sim could stay there overnight and do research. And I just wanted to add some more science deco stuff around. I wonder if I can pitch a tent in there then.
    @Stormkeep Okay, I will look into the mod. Thank you for the help :smile:
  • Options
    @Elliandre, just last week I was right there with the same thinking going through my head. It's why I know about Twisted Mexi's mod, because I did a bunch of research to try to figure out how to edit the lab and that was the only solution I found. Which, of course, does neither of us any good in our existing games.

You can pitch a tent there. What I ended up doing, seeing as the lab has an interior I figured I didn't need a full-blown tent, so I just went to Granite Falls and bought one of those inflatable mattresses. Finally found a use for them. :lol: You can also put some science-like deco stuff there, if you have a Scientist sim, so you could decorate with the various things made at the invention machine which are LIVE-drag enabled.
    Not as much deco and remodel as I wanted to do, but at least it's something.
  • Options
    @Stormkeep Both are great ideas! Thanks so much!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I wish they would enable this so we can just re-do that top floor properly.

It feels like we're being treated like little kids: no, no, we're not allowing you to fiddle with it in case you mess with what's underneath and break your game.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I think that once the Motherplant is defeated we should be able to change the lab. The story is over and we should be able to organize the lab into something useful.
  • Options
    DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    Is the Strangerville pack worth it?
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think that once the Motherplant is defeated we should be able to change the lab. The story is over and we should be able to organize the lab into something useful.

I 100% agree with this. I was disappointed when I discovered that it was not the case. I wanted to turn it into a super secret mad scientist lair.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

It depends what you like in a game. I love the world, the items and the gameplay for it so it is totally worth it for me. But there are many people who dislike the way the gameplay gets you to do certain tasks to proceed onto the next stage.

@Stormkeep you completed it already? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    @elanorbreton, heck no. I'm only at the step where I investigated the door. I haven't even been past the door yet. Because I play rotational, I'm away from the household who has a sim even working on it.

I did the research about not being able to edit it when I first got there and wanted to fix up the upstairs a bit and found that enablefreebuild doesn't work and that's when I found out it won't even be editable once I do finish it. But no...not finished yet. :)
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited April 2022
    @DramaticJedi5
    -Are you an avid imaginative who makes use of everything and can turn mundane things into major storylines? Then yes.
    -Do you like the desert and southwestern US styles? Then yes.
    -Do you play packs straight, hoping you'll be able to replay over and over again with varied outcomes? Then no.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).