Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you have your seasons ?

Just curious I've recently changed it to 28 days

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Spring 28
    Summer 28
    Fall 14
    Winter 7
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    The full 28. The day, and the days, go by so fast, this way it sort of feels like I'm slowing things down.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    How do you customize your season ? @simgirl1010
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    All of them at their longest. I play rotationally, so need the time.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I use UI Cheats to change the seasons.

Right click on the season icon to change the current season.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-16-26240068

• Options
    Ooh i never knew that lol might come in handy
  • Options
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Ooh i never knew that lol might come in handy

Yes, I love it. Not a fan of winter in real life or the game so I just advance the season on day 14 of fall and day 7 of winter.

pRWJM80.png
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    14 days each
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I usually set mine to 14 days
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I have mine set to 28 days and I think it's still not long enough. I play rotationally and with aging off and short seasons just don't make sense.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    I use LMSs 21 day seasons mod, so 21 days.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I used to use 21 days, using the mod which @JAL mentioned above. As I added more households to my rotation I have increased it to 28 days. I rotate played households at the end of every week so no individual household sees more than 1 week of any season in a year even with it at 28 days.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    7 Days, for 2 very important reasons.

On a normal lifespan, sims are a child for 13 days and a teen for another 14 days. That’s barely one full year right there, with just one chance to celebrate each holiday and enjoy what each season brings. Imagine if I used 14-day seasons. They’d only get to experience 2 seasons and might never get a Winterfest gift until they were an adult. Or they might never have summertime fun in their youth. Unacceptable!!

If you play on long lifespan, you can use longer seasons, but it’s just too long for me.

7-Day seasons also lets me control which season I’m in as I play rotationally for 7 days in each household. If I left the first household on spring day 2, I can use the advance_season cheat to bring it back to spring when I return. The rest of the households will be in the right season if I’m playing them in the same order. This makes it easy to avoid duplicating seasons and holidays in the same household.

I’ve played with longer seasons and longer lifespans before. I did like that my holidays were more spread out, but in the end, I’d rather just limit my holidays to one per week and keep things moving. With 11 households, it takes a long time to get everyone to the next life stage and I’m anxious to see what’s next for them. They have plenty of time to get the skills they need and spend time with friends and family.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    14 days in my current save until I've finished a complete rotation with each family. I think about switching it to 28 days for the second rotation.
  • Options
    I have the aging on long, I'm a generous god to my sims 🤣, I used to have it on 14 days but I felt it was short 🤔 I wish it was all very customisable from the game options aging and seasons length
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I used to exclusively use 28 days but now I switch between that and normal, short is only for targeted legacies where I only rotate if I need to check on a family member out of the house or keep the other sims having kids for my next generation to marry.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I do 14 days. That's enough to add in a few extra holidays (Fright Fest, Summer Fest, Flower day) without it seeming crowded. And it allows for one full rotation of the City Living festivals each season, rather than locking them into just two.

I've also used MCCC to double normal life span, because I find Normal too short, but Long too long.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    14 days across the board. I prefer 21 days, but sadly that mod was interfering with the functioning of the Starlight Accolades, so I ended up removing it. To me 28 days reminds me way to much of the base game. Endless season, no change.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    14 days.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    28. At first I had it at 14 but then started feeling that with my (semi)rotational playstyle which alternates between long life span and aging off it's just way too short.
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Long life spans and 14 day seasons, I find it a decent balance of weather/life
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    28 days each season. I have a few extra holidays so need some days to have a breather.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2022
    mostly I use the longest setting but sometimes i feel like i get stuck in wrong season for my story

so I momentarily change it to shortest just to get to season i want fast

(I mean bella can't disappear during blizzard it would make absolutely no sense to scale lotharios deck in a blizzard in her short dress and all while slipping around)

had same issue with my henford story the winter just came too quick when i wanted to end it in autumn so i had to roll whole year with other households before i finally got back to the story

making it take unneededly long to complete
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Natsu1986Natsu1986 Posts: 9 New Member
    We don't even get seasons, years, or picking life lengths in PlayPro, unless we buy packs.

I can't buy any packs until next month, because this month's spending money had to be prioritized to other things. >_<

So, I have to wait to figure out a preference.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    28 days. I used to use LMS’s mod for 21 days but I started adding in more holidays and playing rotationally so 21 days wasn’t long enough for me. If I get bored during a season, I’ll switch to a different family that may have more fun during that season or if I’m tired of winter/snow, I play in Oasis Springs or Sulani. Tired of summer, they usually go on a ski trip.