Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Workaholic Trait

My teen sim's boyfriend has the workaholic trait. He just aged up to young adult and his new trait is perceptive. I'm wondering if he could be happy in a profession, being a workaholic. Once he and my sim are married, I am not going to spend all of my time running him around doing a profession and neglect her, so he would be spending a lot of time keeping busy at home. Will he be able to satisfy his workaholic tendencies with other kinds of work, like cleaning and doing laundry, or with making things to sell, by inventing or another skill, or does it have to be related to his regular job?

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    The only thing that satisfies a workaholic is doing actual work, so no, cleaning house or raising a skill won't do it. However, I don't think you'll see any negative effects from the trait as long as the sim does do some actual work, maybe a few times a week. He might roll some work-related wishes he can't fulfill, such as working overtime, but you obviously don't need to keep those.

On the other hand, it sounds like you might enjoy having this sim in a rabbithole career so you can focus on your main sim while he's at work.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @puzzlezaddict That was my original intention - to have my sim do things like running all over town taking pictures for photography collections, meeting new sims and making friends, for Charisma skill challenges, etc. Then when he's home she can work on things like sculpting and practicing musical instruments so I can pay attention to him too. But I like to give sims careers that fit their traits, and this guy has given me absolutely nothing, except perceptive. I was hoping his YA trait would give me something to go with, but a profession wasn't what I had in mind. I thought I would see what career he wished for once I got him into her household, but with that trait, I'm sure he's going to wish for private investigator.
  • Options
    I guess in your position, I'd stick the sim in the Business career since it doesn't benefit much from any specific traits. If I were still busy with the other sim when his shift ended, I'd send him to a meeting or two. But you could also just let him "choose" by picking whichever career he wishes to join once he's in the active household. I mean, as long as he doesn't try to join an active profession.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited April 2022
    The night before he joined Annie's household, I took him into CAS to find out what LTW's were suggested for him, and to look over the information for his traits. It said sims with the workaholic trait would do best with the communications major, while sims with the perceptive trait would benefit from a degree in business. So I thought business would probably be best for him, but decided to wait and see what happened when he moved in with her. As soon as he did he wished for a career in business. So after a couple of days with him at the library getting just enough social networking and charisma skills to qualify for 18 advance credits, while waiting for the wedding gifts to come in the mail, they left for university.
  • Options
    Sounds like a good plan, and I'm sure it'll work out.