Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sims do you like starting a new game?

Here is the poll:
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

How many Sims do you like starting a new game? 75 votes

One single Male/Female Sim
72%
grevilliabluesuetoopStormkeepBloosmoomildredalienloubyloulouMindofymlmeadowsbestfrienemies14taydevduhboy2u2TeeSeakiwi84DeboraKaeKilov17R_2567_SweetieWright_84benson2006KathykinsMarkwilson 54 votes
A two-Sim married couple
14%
Erja888djacquelynstewMi9shaoscarAnmirlaCherryrose_xEA_MariZandlolaRhain420SeasonedKatDuckyQueenLIL_Lilly 11 votes
A married Couple with <3 kids
5%
Colorist40EnkiSchmidtHayleeSimsKerrigan 4 votes
A married Couple with +3 kids
1%
GalacticGal 1 vote
A Single Mom/Dad with (Any) kids
0%
Or you would go along with the current Sim you have
5%
BoergeAarg61Babykittyjadeannaliese39DaniRose2143 4 votes
A Single Teenage Sim or mutliple Teen Sims
1%
Arzekial 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Here is the poll:

I'd go for one Single Male or Female sim. This is usually 95% the case!
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,850 Member
    edited April 2022
    Ninety-nine percent of the saves I have started over the last, 3 years give or take, have been with some version of the sim in my profile. I'll add others in sometimes, or hop around between some of my favorite premades, but everything starts with her. What can I say I'm quite fond of her.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I've only started a new save twice since buying the game, but both times I started with just one Sim both times. I just then play that save for a very, very long time.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I prefer a single sim house.. 9/10 times anyhow. Just easier to work with a single, fresh sim, then to have 2 or more... Can be too much from the very start lol. Plus, I often like to have my sim interact with a completely AI controlled sim over one I can manipulate... Interactions can be more fun/ interesting that way for me...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I usually start with a single female sim if I'm going to play single household legacy style. The two times I started a save with the intent to play rotationally, I started with a mix of sims I intended to pair off with each other and let it go from there.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,850 Member
    @Stormkeep That is simply amazing, I am in awe of your commitment. There have been numerous times where I've started and scrapped more saves in two hours than you have ever played.🤯
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    I almost always start with a single female sim. If I’m playing a scenario, I might start with a couple if the scenario calls for it. I can honestly say I’ve never started a save with a single male sim. I’m thinking of starting a rotational save, though, so it’ll be a good opportunity to shake things up.
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    I prefer a single sim house.. 9/10 times anyhow. Just easier to work with a single, fresh sim, then to have 2 or more... Can be too much from the very start lol. Plus, I often like to have my sim interact with a completely AI controlled sim over one I can manipulate... Interactions can be more fun/ interesting that way for me...

Like where your other Sim is full autonomy?
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited April 2022
    A Single Teenage Sim or mutliple Teen Sims
    Almost always a single teenage sim. For one, it's a bit more challenging starting off, especially the social need. Even when I give them the outgoing trait they just don't seem to want to autonomously talk to other sims very often. I also like to get the special traits, well mannered, etc., and I will play them all the way through adulthood. Once they've settled down, marriage, kids and have been working a steady job for awhile I will release them into the void (other households) and start a new one. It would be really nice if they could start college or join the military.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Mostly a single YA male/female. I do like to start runaway teen challenge too, and have probably finished 3-4 of those. Couple times I added a child too, for the extra challenge.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I like full, eight person households typically. It does depend on my inspiration for that playthrough, but a number of times I have a sim in each age group. May or may not have a pet cat and dog. They are usually family or related in some way instead of roommates, but I don't have a strong salience in how.

I rarely have just a single sim anymore. I don't find single sims as entertaining in this entry. However there can definitely be any mixes, especially as I have to break apart large households the hard head cap.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited April 2022
    Not that anyone cares but I thought I’d share the ‘why’ as to why I like a ONE SIM house for my play ‘families’ start.
    I like to let my sim have a bit of say as to WHERE their life goes with a romantic other— if they have/ get one.
    And lol less sims from the start to have to worry about the ‘needs’ and wishes of.. Plus can be stressful for me to have too many sims to focus my attention on lol.

Just far more interesting and fun this way... Plus takes work on my part to hang with them this way and only getting the wishes of one side lol. Like in this file I am currently focusing my attention on... First like, 30 minutes of playing it..

jf4pgJz.jpg[img][/img]3bKwo3Y.jpg[img][/img]JFXxBVr.jpg[img][/img]
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I mostly start with a single female.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I play rotationally, so it's a bit different. But sometimes I like to "start again" by moving a YA sim out of the household with little money and working it from there. I really enjoy focusing on one sim from time to time and figuring out their life.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I start with single sims and they tend to be female. I'll usually fill a new save with just single sims in different apartments/ homes
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    But only because the worlds & families are so incomplete. I'd start with larger households if the game integrated more with all of the packs.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Here is the poll:

I actually start with a pair of roommates, who fall in love with each other.

51997151881_53c235e797_k.jpg

There's a whole blog(well, three chapters, but still) on this family. That photo was taken at their vow renewal.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    A married Couple with <3 kids
    I start with 10 - 20 sims in up to five households.

Parents (not neccessarily married) with a single child (anything from toddler to YA) is the most common household type, followed by YA roommates.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I like to start with a single female Sim and usually it's my mermaid. I find it nice to start off the new game on the beautiful Sulani beach, puts me in a good mood, and then I leave my mermaid swimming in the ocean while I switch to other families. I'm trying hard to stick with my current save though and not start another one.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2022
    My option wasn't here. I actually have been with some of the same sims and save since the start of playing sims 4. I mean over the course of the years I have introduced new sims too of course. But I always start them out as a family. Never a single sim and never a married couple. Usually it's a group of siblings and/or friends and I normally start them off with a full household lol. 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    My option wasn’t here, either. I generally start my story at an established place, so I never do the “one broke sim” set up. The household composition depends on the story, although most do tend to be young adults. Sometimes it’s one sim, sometimes a couple, sometimes a sibling or friends group. I rarely play “sim gets a job, gets married, has kids/grandkids” scenario. Right now, I’m not even playing a household story. I’m playing out a variety of small stories in one larger, world story.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    A married Couple with +3 kids
    Unless I'm specifically playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, I find playing a single Sim too boring for words. Even a couple can get monotonous to me. Once children are in the mix I'm having way more fun. Now, that doesn't mean I don't focus on a Sim when playing. I love my Cantrell family and Erik (since inception) was meant to become a Rock Star. Had to get a mod or mods to accomplish this in Sims4, but even after playing Erik for years, now, I just learned how he can be recognized by the Starlight Academy for his MUSIC. Yay! Patches can be good, most of them are good, in what they provide in the game, and/or fix. However, I've been plagued since March 2021 with saves that have gone wonky and the need to restart. Else, I've jumped the gun in some cases. Or should that be the shark?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2022
    I mean depends its been few years since i started my current save and i don't plan to start over anytime soon i have too much to do in this save :lol:

in ts1-2-3 I would usually make male and female sim (not married though)

cause i didn't play with premades as much and i was stuck in that ts1

"they'll get depressed and refuse to do a thing if i just play one sim cause no one to socialize with" idea

ts4 i started doing just one sim
    because first of all i cannot be bothered to sit in cas for hours and second of all most of the gameplay can be done with one sim anyway

if i were to start over now though id go even more lazy and create no sims just add my self sim from library (since you need to get out of cas first) and go play premade sims :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    R_2567_R_2567_ Posts: 47 Member
    One sim preferably. Then have them get married to a townie. Then maybe 1-3 kids depending on how I feel.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I wish there was an option for other or all of the above. I start some of my games with single sims, sometimes a married couple, sometimes a single teen or 2-3 teens, single parents, family of 3-4 sims...just depends on what I want to accomplish.