Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys like male Sims or Females better?

Personally I love Male Sims however they don't have a wide wardrobe range so I have to keep putting them in the same clothes, however female sims have a much wider range of clothing then males.
I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    Personally I love male sims but I play far more female sims. Probably, 80/20 split. I couldn't agree with you more the CAS selection, and CC on the internet too, is pitiful, in quantity, and to some degree the quality. The quality has improved greatly but most of the top creators focus on feminine items. I don't know the exact demographics, but I have always sensed that there are more (far more?) women who enjoy the game than men. That's clearly what the creators feel the market wants and the downloads back it up. But that said male sims need style and variety too. Simmers need to bang the drum for more and better male CAS.
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Personally I love male sims but I play far more female sims. Probably, 80/20 split. I couldn't agree with you more the CAS selection, and CC on the internet too, is pitiful, in quantity, and to some degree the quality. The quality has improved greatly but most of the top creators focus on feminine items. I don't know the exact demographics, but I have always sensed that there are more (far more?) women who enjoy the game than men. That's clearly what the creators feel the market wants and the downloads back it up. But that said male sims need style and variety too. Simmers need to bang the drum for more and better male CAS.

I agree. I love making male Sims because they may get very athletic and it's just something off the chip of my shoulder that makes me make Male sims. I will try to make more female Sims although I started with males.
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

I agree. I love making male Sims because they may get very athletic and it's just something off the chip of my shoulder that makes me make Male sims. I will try to make more female Sims although I started with males.

Do you use cc or are you a vanilla simmer? If you do like cc what style, maxis match, alpha, or a mix of both? If you're into cc then maybe I can help you find some stuff.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    What do you mean there's not a wide wardrobe range for men, they even have miniskirts. :lol:
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    What do you mean there's not a wide wardrobe range for men, they even have miniskirts. :lol:

I quite like a man who is confident enough to rock heels, a sequined gown, and chandelier earrings.

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    I don't really think the game is all that lacking in styles for men...I think the world itself (the real one) is lacking in style variety for men as compared to women and the game just mirrors that.

Where the game is lacking, imo, is in facial hair and accessory options for men.

As for my preferences in game. I prefer the female sims, because I like looking at females more than males. In game, in the real world, or anywhere else for that matter.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Oh my dear @Stormkeep shall I lead you to the next rabbit hole?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    :lol:@DaniRose2143. I'm good. I have downloaded a ton of facial hair and male accessories already. The game is lacking in that area, but I no longer feel that I am. Thanks for offering though!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    :lol:@DaniRose2143. I'm good. I have downloaded a ton of facial hair and male accessories already. The game is lacking in that area, but I no longer feel that I am. Thanks for offering though!

You just knew I couldn't resist.🤣
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I like male and female sims equally, I just tend to play with female sims more because I find the CAS options for male sims to be too limiting.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I quite like a man who is confident enough to rock heels, a sequined gown, and chandelier earrings.

My sim males are not that confident but I usually remove the feminine or masculine clothing type filter when choosing clothes for my sims. If it fits, they wear it. :)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I play males almost exclusively. The vast majority are cis, but I also have a few trans men and a few non-binary folks who present as masculine. My first forays into CC-hunting were directly due to the distinct lack of variety for masculine hairstyles, attire, and accessories, and of course along the way I included some finds for my ladies as well. I do also play females at times, but primarily only long enough to get them set up for specific story purposes.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Personally I love Male Sims however they don't have a wide wardrobe range so I have to keep putting them in the same clothes, however female sims have a much wider range of clothing then males.
    Good question and good point!
    Lol I make and play a male sim... If I have been able to create one I actually like for whatever reason but, eh, often just prefer to mess with the lives of the female sims. Their wardrobe is far superior in the interesting outfits/ clothes department too...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I like playing both, my game is about a 60/40 split, females/males and I don't have any problems dressing either one. The problems I have are overused aspirations and traits...I need some new ones.

I like males in CAS better, they are definitely quicker to make as males don't have to have different hairstyles for different outfits...and no makeup. I usually have to take more time with females but they are "funner" to dress. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member

Do you use cc or are you a vanilla simmer? If you do like cc what style, maxis match, alpha, or a mix of both? If you're into cc then maybe I can help you find some stuff.

Usually I'm a vanilla Simmer but however I do use a bit of CC. What I do want to add is a free color change of the hair.
  • Options
    I don't recall ever seeing something like that. Like an expanded palette? Mod The Sims might have something like that but I haven't seen it. That's the worst part of male CAS, hair. There is a creator on TSR, SimCelebrity00, that has a handful of really good maxis match hairs for male sims that have a couple of extra shades besides the defaults. Another on there is Merci. It's worth a look around on there if you don't mind the ads and slow downloads. Those are the maxis match options, alpha does have a lot more but that's a whole other world.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    No preference.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I like both but I may have more ladies than gents.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GardeningSimmerGardeningSimmer Posts: 41 Member
    My characters are mostly females because I am one! I guess I always like making someone who is a bit like me?
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member

Lol that sounds like real life with clothing stores.

I do prefer the men too.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Female. Like many guys, I appreciate beautiful women, and so CAS is sort of like my canvas where I can bring these beauties to life. Sometimes I'm proud of my work, and sometimes I'm disappointed.

But let's keep it real; those of you that know my game also know I have to make some real freaks too lol
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I have a lot of both, but tend to center my stories around male characters.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm about 50/50 on which I prefer to be honest. I've never really seen sim gender as a meaningful part of my game if I'm honest. I sorta view sims as genderless and I just let them decide who they like/how they want to dress. Of course, I still want them to be stylish so I do edit their choices, but if my guy wants to wear pigtails and mini skirts I let him and visa versa. I'm just going to choose a pigtail style that looks nice with a mini skirt :P
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I'm about 50/50 on which I prefer to be honest. I've never really seen sim gender as a meaningful part of my game if I'm honest. I sorta view sims as genderless and I just let them decide who they like/how they want to dress. Of course, I still want them to be stylish so I do edit their choices, but if my guy wants to wear pigtails and mini skirts I let him and visa versa. I'm just going to choose a pigtail style that looks nice with a mini skirt :P

Are you referring to crossdressing? Why, I would never do that to any of my sims..... ;)
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I tend to play female Sims more than male Sims.
    The reason I do is due to females having more CAS items compared to male Sims.
    Also, I play more females, because if I do a Sim based on a series, the female characters outnumber the males.
    That said, my game itself tends to give me more in-game born male Sims than female Sims.