Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

they removed the scared moodlet from storms it was a mod

comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
sims now only get tense I'm sad.
more for sim kids and more drama please
Post edited by comicsforlife on

Comments

• Options
    it was just a mod
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I noticed today in my game when a thunderstorm struck. I looked for the scared moodlet and it just wasn't there. I'm bummed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Some people actually like storms. Crazy isn't it.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited April 2022
    I know I belong in an insane asylum for suggesting this, but - and hear me out on this - what if I have sims who are just normal people who don't think every thunderstorm is the end of the world? I mean we have a trait for sims who love them, and a weather preference system (which needs an overhaul), so why not add storms to the options, and if a sim dislikes them, they get scared.

Edit: Nevermind. I forget they work in extremes only.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Oh no, why did they do that? I rather got a kick out of watching sims come running in from the storm into the bar or restaurant. :D And now they nerfed it?
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I love thunderstorms in real life and I wish my sims had that option too.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Wait, they got rid of the scared moodlet from storms? I haven't played much so haven't experienced that myself, but that really bums me out. :'(

As someone who is afraid of storms in real life, (moreso the lightning than anything else) I rather enjoyed that feature. Especially with it affecting pets.

I hope they add it back in some manner, even if it is via a new trait like "coward" or something.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    My sims are still getting the scared moodlet from storms. Maybe mod related?
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    You know... I don’t think being afraid of a lil thunder and/ or lightning is that common among ppl. I don’t know for sure but I think it’s a small minority... I think.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    I think no one read the 2nd post, indicating it was a mod issue.

Thunderstorms are still scary in the game for sims that don't have the traits that make them not scary.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I love thunderstorms because when we had them when I was little, my family would hang out in our screened-in porch, play games and eat all the ice cream (just in case the power went out, as it often did). I loved the scent in the air and the wind whipping through the porch, and all the “scary” stuff turned fun.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited April 2022
    @AncientMuse
    Storm Chaser - Reward trait - 1,000 satisfaction points. (Storm Chaser Sims love stormy weather and thrive in terrifying conditions).
    Add to that: "Declare Weather Preference..." with another sim, and choose "Rain".
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    My sims are still getting the scared moodlet from storms. Maybe mod related?

Me too, no mods only some cas cc. I wish mine would disappear. I find it super annoying.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

they can its a reward trait called storm chaser @AncientMuse @duhboy2u2 you can use the trait or
    have it be weather they like by Declare Weather Preference sorry for worrying people it was mod related
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

they can its a reward trait called storm chaser @AncientMuse @duhboy2u2 you can use the trait or
    have it be weather they like by Declare Weather Preference sorry for worrying people it was mod related

You might want to edit the title of the post if you can.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    Speaking of Storm Chaser, I almost never give any of my sims that trait because it amuses me to watch them run in fear to get indoors during storms.
    I did give it to a sim a few days ago and for the first time ever in my game I saw what happens when a sim with that trait gets struck by lightning a few times in a row. The glowing electric blue eyes and ability to summon lightning at will was pretty cool.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Children, especially younger ones tend to be afraid of Thunderstorms. Loud sounds are scary. Sometimes even in my advanced years, I'll jump. Mostly, beyond the younger Sims, my older Sims are only scared when they are outdoors in the storm. I'm very sorry that Trait, so short-lived is gone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Children, especially younger ones tend to be afraid of Thunderstorms. Loud sounds are scary. Sometimes even in my advanced years, I'll jump. Mostly, beyond the younger Sims, my older Sims are only scared when they are outdoors in the storm. I'm very sorry that Trait, so short-lived is gone.

it was being caused by a mod @GalacticGal
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I always give my sims Storm Chaser and Water Proof. I just don't want to deal with those annoying umbrellas. I can enjoy other sims running in fear, though. I find it amusing and a little bit endearing. :) Besides, being struck by lightning is totally awesome for a Storm Chaser :D

I'm not afraid of thunderstorms in real life either, I find them quite fascinating. Nature showing us who's boss. I just don't like that I have to unplug my PC :D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yup, my child was scared of the thunderstorm, thank heavens, lol. Very glad to hear it was mod related.

I love weather and down here in Florida, USA, we get to watch lots of thunderstorms in the summer. The last big thunderstorm I watched from our lanai was a Cat 1 hurricane. My family thinks I'm nuts...I just love weather, in the sims and irl. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I like the stormchaser trait and the iceproof one. Then you can send them outside in a blizzard and they love it
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I think sims with the ‘Evil’ trait should cackle during a thunderstorm, particularly since they make it a common thing for sims to be scared; so they evil ones should ‘seem to enjoy’ the fact that other sims are terrified, cause THEY’RE EVIL!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Some people actually like storms. Crazy isn't it.

I love heavy thunderstorms, as long as I'm not driving in them
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    @Stormkeep @comicsforlife Oh, I see now it was mentioned that it was a mod related issue. Thanks for pointing to the second post and confirming that
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    It hailed today irl and I was Scared for a minute there