May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About that Latest Update

I recently got online with sims 4 on the brain... /mostly cause I was determined to get the ‘parenthood’ thing as a YouTube video sold me on it. Has features that get a laugh out of me... BUT about the topic—
Got this update and I liked most of it BUT and that’s a big but, I found it with that ‘move sim’ thing it takes Sims and Sim Households from their home to “not in world” status...

Am I the only one who was/ is bothered by their sims (they’re not playing) at any time could end up ‘homeless’ at any random given time?
I wouldn’t mind sims changing homes but going from a home to.... Yeah, that doesn’t work for me....
I don’t see or can’t find at least any way to stop this... It’s one SUPER annoying feature, cause I don’t leave sims in their homes or put new sims in homes so they can become homeless...
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,015 Member
    Hi @Kilov17 you can disable "move out", either just for your sims (My Households) or for all sims. You can also disable it for certain households but not others, if you wish.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Open “Manage Households” and look for the new button at the top of “My Households” and “Other Households”. These settings can be toggled on and off there, or on a similar button on each individual household. Look on the official Sims 4 blog for a nice tutorial about using this feature if you need more information.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @mightysprite @babajayne Thank you both for replying! And that’s GREAT news aside from periodic game freezing, that was kinda ruining the game for me.

Babajayne
    thanks for the detailed info. Just wish the update came with a manual in game on how to work the stuff properly rather than having to look elsewhere to find out or... Take a shot in the dark here and there til one figures it out..
    I tried that last thing first, I hit the ‘enable Naighborhood Stories’ button to turn that to ‘disabled’ on the Origional/ premade sims and added in sims (only) thinking since all the thing below were grayed out, sims would stop randomly becoming homeless but didn’t work lol.

Mightysprite
    Eliza Pancakes, supervillian; that’s an awesome idea!
    I got to like her. Pretty sim and given her game story how she’s not happy with Bob at times makes me looking to fix that—
    Well... That and I found when leaving them together and (long before the update) to keep all origional households and added ones alive via generations, ‘spliced dna’ or whatever, to give Bob and Eliza children but.... Upon teen years, I could see something about the structure of Bob’s face has the “beat with a ugly stick” affect, at least on any female offspring... a girl they had made Swampthing look like a stud in comparison— and I didn’t think he was supposed to look handsome LOL 😂
    Anyhow, most recently, I just made her a ‘Teen’ (with a cheat; but I only use full edit mode and free real estate cheats— two I need), figure that ends the “marriage” and with no hurt feeling too!
    Is Eliza using that ‘fart’ feature from parenthood?
    Recently had my sim use it after moving him next to the Goth boy who was using his cell on the street. The reactions killed me! Funny how something that is just gross irl can be so historical in a game!
    But I know it’s due to the choice EA made with reactions to things, that make it so! Cause sure ain’t the ‘fart’ thing in itself.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,125 Member
    I’ve disabled things like accidental deaths and pet adoption and baby adoption and it seems to be still happening in my game. I don’t have any specific household set settings for Neighbourhood Stories.
  • Options
    Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2022
    Kilov17 wrote: »

Just wish the update came with a manual in game on how to work the stuff properly rather than having to look elsewhere to find out or...

Just checked and there is a way in game you just click on options and click lessons

vFGAmYF.png

SvgJRlK.png
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Brd709, Did you change the settings on BOTH the "My Households" and "Other Households" tabs? They do not share the same settings, so you have to change it in both places.

Please forgive me if this feels like a stupid question to have asked, but I've seen a couple people now both here and on reddit indicate that they didn't realize the two didn't share the same settings at first.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    You can disable it completely in the Options.

While in live mode, select three dots top right, select Gameplay, scroll down and untick Enable Neighborhood Stories.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I kind of thought this feature would be used for a Sim if they aged up to an adult within a household, and then they would move out on their own and be in the bin until you found them their own house, but it does look like it just evicts households from their houses, so I have turned this off. Were you able to figure out how to stop it in your game?
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Brd709, Did you change the settings on BOTH the "My Households" and "Other Households" tabs? They do not share the same settings, so you have to change it in both places.

Please forgive me if this feels like a stupid question to have asked, but I've seen a couple people now both here and on reddit indicate that they didn't realize the two didn't share the same settings at first.

I have disabled both and it has seemed to settled down to the ones i've only selected now.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Brd709, was it just babies happening yet after you disabled it? I ask that because if NS made a sim pregnant before you disabled the have baby option, you're still going to see the baby's popping out after you disable it...because that's how pregnancy works. :)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Brd709, was it just babies happening yet after you disabled it? I ask that because if NS made a sim pregnant before you disabled the have baby option, you're still going to see the baby's popping out after you disable it...because that's how pregnancy works. :)

I was seeing a lot of babies and pet adoptions happening and I have disabled those. I hired a host for one of my new restaurants today and she was already in her second trimester!

• Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have both MCC and NS running - it is interesting.
    Are any of you finding that the timing is off? I mean I have aging on but my sims children who I know were born before some of the new babies for either MCC /NS are now teens while my sims are still a child. Now I did have my seasons on 28 days while running a normal life span (that is now fixed). Also some sims who should have died of old age have not yet, but those accidental deaths are happening at least weekly.
    I don't really can as the game I am playing current was suppose to be the test game for patches lol, but fell in love with the family lol. I have not touch my rotational game yet with any of this or my 100 baby challenge.
    EA ID burnished_dragon